PDA

View Full Version : EBay Coilovers

jonbatz01
01-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Just wondering are the Coilovers on Ebay any good?
its really cheap so it got me wondering.

kousoku
01-08-2005, 03:05 PM
i donno, i'm sure they would be alright for a while, until they break.
i wouldn't go anyhting cheaper then d2 coilovers, just not worth it.

buy the best, cry once.

Z
01-08-2005, 03:06 PM
buy the best, cry once.

Good advice. Ditto.

ekslut
01-08-2005, 03:12 PM
You get what you pay for. In my opinion if you want cheap go D2 coilovers, but I wouldn't be using anything cheaper. You will just end up with headaches. And remember, your suspension is VERY important. Its what keeps you in contact with the road....

CONAN
01-08-2005, 05:11 PM
first of all, were u talking about new or used coilovers?

z3lda
01-08-2005, 05:26 PM
i assume your talkin about the sleeves? well they wont break or anything and will be fine as long as your car is a daily commuter from a to b.

going on track with them, speeding around corners and all that other racing bs will result in fatal injuries to your car and yourself.

redliner
01-08-2005, 05:38 PM
are those similar to the one in the US that goes for like $20 on ebay plus $100 shipping? Personally i wouldnt trust those unknown brand. You prob. sacrifice alot of ride comfort on those.

h22a accord
01-08-2005, 05:42 PM
my mate has had them in his ek for about 8 months with no problems.

panda[cRx]
01-08-2005, 06:54 PM
You get what you pay for. In my opinion if you want cheap go D2 coilovers, but I wouldn't be using anything cheaper.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

civlowwer
01-08-2005, 07:42 PM
have them sitting next to me, just crap the sleeves dont fit even with the right rubber rings, ur standard shock wont last long if you have dropped it to the lowest setting, the ride isn't that bad but when ur shocks go in about 2 months it is very bad, dont buy them realy realy BAD. not further the risk to ur life or ur ride

my 2 cents

Lukezen27
01-08-2005, 07:52 PM
Or you could do what I'm planing and use sleeves with good springs

Cheap sleeves (for high adjustability) + good springs = getto Cround Control :p

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23289

I have the same set as z3lda so wi'll see how we go :thumbsup:

PS you will still have to change stock shocks :rolleyes: but thats a given

jonbatz01
01-08-2005, 08:52 PM
ok....i have Koni Shocks with currently Super Low Springs...
the problem is i juz did a B18C conversion, so the front is way lower than b4...
i just need something to raise the front...
yeah i was talking about the springs thingy with the metal pieces that can tighten up and down.

jonbatz01
01-08-2005, 08:53 PM
Where can i get these sleeves in aussie?

Lukezen27
01-08-2005, 08:58 PM
the problem is i juz did a B18C conversion, so the front is way lower than b4...
yeah i was talking about the springs thingy with the metal pieces that can tighten up and down.

What Koni's do you have?

coze yellows are a bit high adjustable

Lukezen27
01-08-2005, 09:00 PM
Where can i get these sleeves in aussie?

http://www.jdmelement.com/ $400 or so

Tho I mgiht be selling mine if I can afford full Coilovers :thumbsup:

jonbatz01
01-08-2005, 09:00 PM
yeah yellows....
they are? i tot they are just hard and soft adjustables..

jonbatz01
01-08-2005, 09:02 PM
the site is US or aussie?

Lukezen27
01-08-2005, 09:04 PM
yeah yellows....
they are? i tot they are just hard and soft adjustables..

I also think they have s small amount of high adjustable

PM egSi http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=1455 (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=1455)

he sells em and many slso know how to adjust em

AUS man

civlowwer
01-08-2005, 09:18 PM

If you have done that conversion dont get the sleeve's not further the risk mate, i had the spring that came with them and king springs as well and the spring rate and the height of the car doesn't match up, just save some more money and get coilovers not sleeves not worth it

Mr. Focus
02-08-2005, 09:01 AM
sleeves are cheap and nasty. be prepared for lots of bounce! dam annoying when cars with these are behind you!! hahahaha

Lukezen27
02-08-2005, 01:26 PM
What!!!!!

No one likes my idea of cheap sleeves + eibach springs = ghetto Ground Control
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

z3lda
02-08-2005, 02:05 PM
What!!!!! No one likes my idea of cheap sleeves + eibach springs = ghetto Ground Control

what he meant is use the tube and height adjustable ring perch(the shithouse ebay stuff) + eibach springs, to make the popular setup used by yanks

Eibach Ground Controls are sleeves but have the eibach springs in it.

ekslut
02-08-2005, 02:14 PM
If all you want to do is raise the front up a bit, then why don't you just get some custom springs made up for the front? Sounds like you already have a decent setup with the koni yellows.

I think this would a lot more safer than trusting some ebay crap that might break on you, and I was going to get some springs made up for my car at $80 per spring. And you can choose your own spring length and spring rate.

Lukezen27
02-08-2005, 03:00 PM
Yup Yup

Thats my plan :D

what he meant is use the tube and height adjustable ring perch(the shithouse ebay stuff) + eibach springs, to make the popular setup used by yanks

Eibach Ground Controls are sleeves but have the eibach springs in it.

ekslut has a good point

why would you want'a f++k with that setup anyway

I think you should just twick it abit to get the high ya want

If all you want to do is raise the front up a bit, then why don't you just get some custom springs made up for the front? Sounds like you already have a decent setup with the koni yellows.

I think this would a lot more safer than trusting some ebay crap that might break on you, and I was going to get some springs made up for my car at $80 per spring. And you can choose your own spring length and spring rate.

barefootbonzai
02-08-2005, 04:56 PM
If you got koni yellows just get your pearch lifted to a higher noch. You should have 3 avalible height setting. If it is already on the highest pearch setting, you can get a machine shop to cut you a new grove so you can lift it even more.

jonbatz01
02-08-2005, 09:30 PM
ok ill try to tweak my setup...
anyone has the pictures on how to adjust btw?

civlowwer
03-08-2005, 01:13 PM
If you got koni yellows just get your pearch lifted to a higher noch. You should have 3 avalible height setting. If it is already on the highest pearch setting, you can get a machine shop to cut you a new grove so you can lift it even more.

If u have it on the higher setting then bring down the rear to make it even, lower is better hehehe, but if u wan the front higher do wat barefootbonzai said.