PDA

View Full Version : rear bumper

Felix
01-08-2005, 08:47 PM
I just noticed on my DC2 today that my rear bumper is loose, as when i shake it it rattles and moves about half an inch up and down. Does anyone know where to find the screws/bolts to tighten this?
I had a look but couldnt find them. I'm abit worried that it might become looser and fall off. I'm also worried as to how it has become loose.
Anyone had a simular problem? is it hard to tighten it back up?

nipnip
01-08-2005, 11:03 PM
crawl underneath your car and look behind the bumper, there should be screws running along the top of it. and then remove the plastic covers in you boot and look under the taillights. they bolt up there

euro1978
02-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Like with nipnip said.

Remove the plastic cover from the inside back of your boot and all will be revealed.

Felix
02-08-2005, 11:20 PM
What do you mean by the plastic cover?
The long cover that goes from one side to the other? I tryed removeing that but couldnt. Is the bumer bolted on or cliped on. Cause i got underneath and could see all these little clips holding the bumper but none of them were loose.
Has anyone else had this problem with their DC2? I dont know if its allways been like this or not, only just noticed it though.

HRV-80Y
02-08-2005, 11:20 PM
Like with nipnip said.

Remove the plastic cover from the inside back of your boot and all will be revealed.

exactly wat euro1078 said...pull plastic of boot out...

if u duno which screws they are move ur bumper n u will see them move ! :thumbsup:

so jus tighten dem ! :D

Felix
02-08-2005, 11:30 PM
Is this the plastic cover in front(or behind, which ever way u look at it) of the tail lights.?

nipnip
03-08-2005, 02:57 PM
Is this the plastic cover in front(or behind, which ever way u look at it) of the tail lights.?

i find it easier to remove ALL the plastic covers. when you onpen the boot, inbetween the taillights there will be those plastic screws. pop them open (carefully) and just pull it apart