PDA

View Full Version : 2006 UPDATES FOR ACURA TSX (Accord Euro)!

evolution42
01-08-2005, 11:14 PM
(From Temple of VTEC)

TSX

The TSX has built a strong following among sports sedan buyers, won a plethora of awards (including being twice named to Car & Driver’s 10Best Cars list) and gained a reputation for being both stylish and fun to drive. For 2006, Acura made some dynamic changes to the TSX to enhance its performance, make the styling even sportier and increase interior comfort. The result is a sports sedan that is more luxurious, more aggressive-looking and even more fun to drive.

Modifications to the intake and exhaust systems were made to the TSX’s 2.4-liter i-VTEC™ four cylinder engine to boost horsepower to 205 hp SAE net (Rev 8/04). Interior enhancements include an upgraded navigation system, the HandsFreeLink™ wireless telephone interface, and a digital media auxiliary jack located in the center console for iPod® and MP3 players to name a few.

Outside, the TSX gets sporty, redesigned front and rear fascias, new sidesills, redesigned alloy wheels and standard integrated fog lamps.

Powertrain

Horsepower increased to 205 SAE net (Rev 8/04) @ 7000 rpm
Torque increased to 164 lbs-ft. SAE net (Rev 8/04) @ 4500 rpm
Larger intake valves
Increased valve timing and lift
Increased intake and exhaust flow
Reduced engine pumping losses
Chassis

Electronic Brake Assist
Increased rigidity of upper A-arm reduces NVH
Exterior Styling

Restyled hood and grille
Redesigned headlights and combination taillights
Redesigned front and rear bumpers
Fog lamps are integrated into the lower bumper
More pronounced side sills
New nine-spoke alloy wheels
Flat wiper blades increase visibility and reduce wind noise
Four new exterior colors: Alabaster Silver Metallic replaces Satin Silver, Glacier Blue Metallic replaces Meteor Silver Metallic, and Deep Green Pearl, and Royal Blue Pearl are added
Interior

2-position memory for driver’s seat
Auxiliary audio jack in center console for digital music players
HandsFreeLink™ wireless telephone interface
Sports steering wheel
Multi-info display
New meter face
New wood-patterned trim for models with Parchment interior
Metallic garnish added to shift knob.
Smart Maintenance system
Enhanced Acura Navigation System (optional)

Larger buttons and fonts
Faster processing speed
Points of Interest (POI) database increased to 7 million
HandsFreeLink calling to POI
More voice recognition commands (653)
Zagat restaurant guide
Exit ramp services feature

Enhanced in-glass antennae for improved radio reception

EuroAccord13
01-08-2005, 11:17 PM
What the American TSX get, we might not get..... :)

TwEigh
01-08-2005, 11:23 PM
wats the point posting those really? http://members.westnet.com.au/synapse/images/ui.jpg

yfin
02-08-2005, 12:10 AM
Guys this is a very important thread. Those changes are fairly extensive as it includes style changes which people were not expecting. Even the headlights will look different. Bumpers etc all different.
Whilst we may not see all the changes it makes sense for Honda Japan to freshen up the Euro with similar changes (at least to the body). I think there is now a fair chance the 06 Euro will look different. I think the power up is also coming.

VirIIx
02-08-2005, 12:52 AM
Strange for them to update a car so fast already..

be interesting to see what's going on in the next year or two - perhaps a nice upgrade if it's worth it :)

but then i'll have to start all those mods again :b

yfin
02-08-2005, 08:23 AM
Strange for them to update a car so fast already..

Euro was released in Australia in 2003 - so a freshen up in 2006/07 sounds right.

I think it came out in Japan in 2002.

VirIIx
02-08-2005, 08:59 AM
time flies by fast :)

Seems like all the new goods are coming around 2006/2007.

I'm waiting for information to be leaked about the 2007 Suburu WRX :)
2006 i'll be 25 - so all the good cheap fun starts to happen haha.

But back onto topic, I hope they don't tone down the look like the Integra Type-S. I loved the previous model the Type-R which was really aggressive and strong. The Type-S although more powerful, looks very soft and rounded - and no offence - but I have a bad habit of labelling it a girl's sports car.

EuroAccord13
02-08-2005, 11:19 AM
Honda normally update their line up every 4 years.. So I guess it's about time anyways....

razaman
02-08-2005, 11:35 AM
Honda normally update their line up every 4 years.. So I guess it's about time anyways....

Yep, so the '06 should be the last year for the current 7th gen euro?

Raz

baboo
02-08-2005, 12:00 PM
Any pre release photos? I've searched on Honda Japan, came back nothing about the updates.

ant234
02-08-2005, 12:19 PM
and i just got euro! :(

Tobster
02-08-2005, 01:59 PM
Besides the mid-life body upgrade, it'll be interesting to see if any of the engine mods get passed on to us down here but we have a habit of engine tweaks missing us in Oz -- but the Integra got tweaked from 147 to 152 kw. The fact it's getting bigger valves sounds like it's a whole engine build thing with possibly revised intake and exhaust, so we should get some changes.
I'll bet the luxury version gets the seat memory, but the rest sounds like their interior is going to be matched to ours (their dash instruments are completely different).
I'd really like to see a multi-function computer with fuel info
(which the TSX currently has) and heated mirrors (if anyone at Honda reads these!).

V205
02-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Be very interesting to see if we get any updates in 2006 based on TSX's updates, given that we just got some update in 2005.

I bought in 2005 with the thought that there's no update in 2006. *slash wrist!*

Some of those updates sure sounds nice though... :)

What was the previous power and torque rating anyway prior to this increase?

V205
02-08-2005, 03:04 PM
From www.acura.com

TSX:

Horsepower (SAE net) : 200-hp @ 6800 rpm

Torque : 166 lbs-ft @ 4500 rpm
----

So they get 5 extra HP but at 7000rpm...
and torque is 'dropped' to 164lbs/ft ??

yfin
02-08-2005, 03:21 PM
From www.acura.com (http://www.acura.com/)

TSX:

Horsepower (SAE net) : 200-hp @ 6800 rpm

Torque : 166 lbs-ft @ 4500 rpm
----

So they get 5 extra HP but at 7000rpm...
and torque is 'dropped' to 164lbs/ft ??

No - it is something like 10 more hp and more torque if you use the old way of measuring power. Look at the full article and you will see they explain there is a difference in calculating power

Tobster
02-08-2005, 04:26 PM
I found this on tsxclub.com in the gallery section -- they were more interested in the fact that it said "TSX turbo", but if you look closely at the styling, especially the rear bumper into the wheel arches and the side skirts... Is this a hint of the revised style?

I've had trouble with the image, so go to:
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8370

stephen8512
02-08-2005, 06:56 PM
meh....
not worried about it....
euro parts are becoming more and more available these days so modding it will be a joy :D

jl88rl
02-08-2005, 08:50 PM
Silver lining... keep thinking happy thoughts lol :D

Chris_F
02-08-2005, 11:07 PM
wow - this is pretty big news.

i just don't know if the changes will be made to any other models besides TSX.

I mean we didnt exactly get the tsx interior or rims, and their grille is already slightly different.

VirIIx
02-08-2005, 11:32 PM
mm i'll take the front side panel fins thanks :D

m3 style.. mm

Civic Type R
02-08-2005, 11:46 PM
Why do people post useless information regarding cars we dont even get.

If your going to post an informative thread, a good start is to make or edit it so its relevant to the Australian market :rolleyes:

bigdongers
02-08-2005, 11:59 PM
I also think a facelift is due. The Mazda 6 has a facelift coming so its only natural the Euro has the same.

Memory seats would be cool as would the AUX input. More power? I don't think it will happen but would be great if it does.

aaronng
03-08-2005, 12:14 AM
Some parts are the same, I suspect the memory on the driver's seat will come to the Aus Euro.

Entity
03-08-2005, 01:35 AM
noOoo.. i just got a euro.. hope the new one is ugly =P

ant234
03-08-2005, 09:36 AM
yeah i was told by the dealer the 'new' accord won't be here until 2007 when i first purchse the car... ;/

VirIIx
03-08-2005, 10:31 AM
the only thing is.. the mazda6 needs a facelift - it's that fugly :p

don't even get me started on all those wannabe's on the road... :p

It'll be interesting to see what actually does come to the Australian market.
Memory would be nice for seats, heated side mirrors would be nice too. Not too fussed performance wise.

evolution42
03-08-2005, 10:47 AM

If your going to post an informative thread, a good start is to make or edit it so its relevant to the Australian market :rolleyes:

Despite a few people thinking otherwise, I don't perceive this to be useless information. The Accord Euro shares a profound number of components with the Acura TSX, and this 2006 update gives us an insight into Hondas equipment/design direction, which could potentially create a better, more substantial Accord Euro.

Although it is not directly related to the Australian market (and I can't help that at this stage), I wouldn't call it a non-informative thread.

Or am I the only one that thinks that?:o

Civic Type R
03-08-2005, 01:22 PM
Its great information but not exactly all that relevant for the Australian consumer.

As i said earlier, It would have been better to re-write it and edit it :thumbsup:

V205
03-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Lets hold off the wrist slashing until we hear the official 2006 Euro announced by Honda Australia, which is usually much closer to the end of the year?

[[d a n n y]]
03-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Its great information but not exactly all that relevant for the Australian consumer.

As i said earlier, It would have been better to re-write it and edit it :thumbsup:

not every1 on this forum is a AU member..

and also it good to know what's going around in the Honda market around the world just the information...

and it's the accord section...

it's not like u own an accord :D

Civic Type R
03-08-2005, 01:51 PM
I just get annoyed when I see a thread that has been blatently copied off another thread aimed at another market.

REV888
03-08-2005, 01:53 PM
If we do get something along the lines of the TSX version here in OZ next year would be great if it has Sat Nav & DVD Option.

evolution42
03-08-2005, 02:03 PM

Its great information but not exactly all that relevant for the Australian consumer

hmm.....

Civic Type R
03-08-2005, 02:20 PM
Useless information to the Australian consumer.
Great information to the International consumer - for which Jeff wrote the article for.

Suntzu
03-08-2005, 02:57 PM
Im still glad I just got my 2005. Its had a minor revision this year already and i got that so im happy. I think some people are wishish for another "free " 30 kw at no consumption penalty :)

I seriously doubt theyre will be a big revision till late year. Im up for a new lease in 2007 so Ill be picking up my twin turbo electric hybrid 8 sp semi auto 4wd XR EuRo then :) :)

aaronng
03-08-2005, 03:27 PM
I seriously doubt theyre will be a big revision till late year. Im up for a new lease in 2007 so Ill be picking up my twin turbo electric hybrid 8 sp semi auto 4wd XR EuRo then :) :)
So you have twin turbines blowing compressed air onto your electric motors to keep them cool, while your 8speed auto spends more time changing gears than being in gear, and Ford is trying to sue Honda for using their "XR" name? Oh, and the 25% power loss through 4wd. Haha... I'm so naughty today :D

Tobster
03-08-2005, 03:32 PM
Great information to the International consumer - for which Jeff wrote the article for.
All information use is subject to interpretation by the end user. Cars are manufactured on a global scale: a TSX is an Accord Euro with just a few minor differences. A manufacturer's engine and sheet metal changes are generally done on a global scale. What's happening to the TSX will affect us in Australia, but the question is: when? I would think probably not until late 2006, early 2007.

Civic Type R
03-08-2005, 04:47 PM
Im not denying the similarities of each car for I have been in both. My point which seems to be lost amongst all of this is that if you're going to cut and paste a news release written on another forum aimed at the international comunity, you should EDIT it and REMOVE the items that are irrevant to us.

Civic Type R
03-08-2005, 04:50 PM
Reason why im standing firm on this is that you get young people on the forum start asking questions like " Whats a TSX, Ive never heard of that ?" and "Where can I get a TSX?"

albii
03-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Im not denying the similarities of each car for I have been in both. My point which seems to be lost amongst all of this is that if you're going to cut and paste a news release written on another forum aimed at the international comunity, you should EDIT it and REMOVE the items that are irrevant to us.
without knowing what the euro will feature with this update how can you say that?

Civic Type R
03-08-2005, 05:15 PM
without knowing what the euro will feature with this update how can you say that?

Easy, its called EDITING ;)
You leave in the parts that are relevant and remove / edit out those that arent.
Otherwise whats the point of visiting this forum if its going to turn into a mirror of TOV.

albii
03-08-2005, 05:25 PM
no.....i'm saying that if you dont know if the updated euro will have sat nav and other things that the tsx has how can you edit the parts that are irellevant.......basically he was saying that the tsx is getting an update and that it may pass over to the euro...........relax....nothing is set in stone and he wasn't announcing a press release,he was merely informing us euro owners of the changes and to me its rellevant...if its what you think so fine you're entitled to that......but dont go on about it cos you dont own a euro .. :wave:

VirIIx
03-08-2005, 05:38 PM
Whether it's relevant or not doesn't matter.

It's information which is interesting (possibly) to read. Whether those features arrive here or not doesn't matter. It's introducing ideas that are open to be discussed.

I don't think editing will do anything, you're just babysitting and spoonfeeding people. They're going to come across a fair bit of terminology and acronyms that don't mean anything.

If the person is smart, they'll go out and do a bit of research for themselves, it's that simple. Read into a few threads or even do a search. Unfortunately that's not the case in reality and i'm sorry that we can't help those people who are either too stupid or too lazy.

Like i said, any information put on a forum is to be discussed about. Who cares if it's relevant or not.

Let's talk about something irrelevant - I think Honda will make a Turbo running off a similar AWD drivetrain as seen on a new proposed Honda Legend...

or should i just edit that out? since it's not really relevant to the australian market?

Chris_F
03-08-2005, 07:06 PM
Civic_Type_R, i agree with the last couple of posts.

no-one else seems to have an issue with the posting of the news - i think its time that we dropped it and got back on topic.

Personally - i think the cosmetic changes will be Acura only, though some other things may trickly down (i.e. a power boost). It'd be a bit disheartening for current owners i guess (if there were major changes) but i think it'll only impove sales.

BMW is renowned for its long car "life-cylcles", but they are consistently refreshing the range every 2-3 years. i.e. new 3 series released in 2.0litre and 3.0litre models, followed by 2.5litre, sports pack models will filter through, then convertable, then m3 etc etc not to mention face lifts along the way and the likely addition of coupe variants.

honda maybe adopting a similar strategy in the US at least (given this news)

jamchen
03-08-2005, 07:13 PM
huh? increased horsepower? i read an article earlier regards with measurements of horsepowers. which means with exactly same vehicle, its horsepower will be decreased lol
since its for 2006 TSX update, i think this thing will affect...
just my $0.02
http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21987

V205
03-08-2005, 07:51 PM
I believe if the same model car has a power increase of a certain amount.. it requires a full crash test which = $$$.

So honda Aus would wanna avoid that? :D

Edit: based on Jamchen's link, the drop is about 10-12 hp going from old to new measurement. TSX went from 200 to 205. So that equates to about 15 hp gain.. that's about 7.5%... NOT BAD!

yfin
03-08-2005, 09:59 PM

It isn't useless information to the Australian consumer at all. I think this thread is highly relevant as it lets us discuss what the 06/07 Euro might look like.

I would much rather we encourage people to post such threads than criticise them for doing so. Even if it is speculation.

Civic Type R
03-08-2005, 11:18 PM
OK, i'll try to explain it again.
As a previous driver of an Accord (yes i had one and cheers to the clown who said i dont drive one) and as a Honda enthusiast and editor / webmaster to the Honda website, dohc-vtec.com.au, I always find all Honda / Acura information interesting regardless of what I drive now.

I agree with you that threads like these should be encouraged but only if it does not cause confusion or conflict with our Australian designs. There is no doubt of the similarities between the TSX and our Accord Euro and I stand to believe the dude who started this thread was only trying to be helpful and inform us of some fresh news. However, my concerns were quite simple. By simply copying and pasting something straight out of another forum it can cause confusion and congesture amongst readers for whom it wasnt intended for. Yes the information is of great interest and value to many here and inpartucularily amongst all Euro drivers but it seems my point was clearly missed.

My point was that if you are simply going to copy a thread from a another discussion forum such as TOV or whatever, then it should be properly referenced or edited as to such information doesnt cause confusion amongst those here who arent educated enough to understand the differences. Most of us here can evaluate the similarities and dissimilarites of the Acura TSX and the Honda Accord Euro but a lot of us here dont.

But anyways, Im not going to go on as this seems to be causing some unrest i hadnt inteded to cause. :o

peace out

evolution42
07-08-2005, 05:30 PM
UPDATE! (http://www.channel4.com/4car/feature/features-2005/honda-lkas/honda-lkas.html)

These pics may be the new sports steering wheel and new gauges the Accord Euro may get. Note this is a Euro Accord, not an Acura TSX. I have never seen this steering wheel before. Note the grips at 2 o'clock and 10 o'clock, and the new gauge design incorporating blue light:

http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/features/2005/honda-lkas/03-large/hands-steering-wheel.jpg
http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/features/2005/honda-lkas/03-large/dials.jpg
http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/features/2005/honda-lkas/03-large/steeringwheel-controls.jpg
http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/features/2005/honda-lkas/03-large/hands-steering-wheel.jpg

i doubt we will get the LKAS system.

yfin
07-08-2005, 05:38 PM
Doensn't really do much for me - nor does hte LKAS system - that is for nannys. :p

What we need is real improvement - something useful - like a fuel trip computer, with current consumption, fuel to empty, etc. Even the one from the Jazz would be a great start!

aaronng
07-08-2005, 06:26 PM
That is one busy steering wheel. I prefer ours over this UK one. What we need is the infrared camera that is fitted in the JDM Legend. That would be fun.

albii
07-08-2005, 09:12 PM
not keen on all those buttons but the wheel looks fantastic......

evolution42
07-08-2005, 09:29 PM
the extra buttons are for the LKAS system, so if we do get this wheel, it will come with the usual stereo/cruise buttons only

EuroAccord13
07-08-2005, 09:30 PM
Geez, the steering wheel is getting cluttered...

stephen8512
07-08-2005, 10:12 PM
not feelin the steering wheel
dont like the H symbol, how its outlined by the "O"
the blue on the tacho and speedo look nice but
reminds me of the ones in the new oddysey

viperx
07-08-2005, 10:30 PM
nice

The dashboard is like the new legend's

V205
07-08-2005, 10:42 PM
Bares some resembelance to the 2005 CRV updated dash, which saw the introduction of a trip meter.

euro77
07-08-2005, 11:04 PM
wow, love the speedo and the steering wheel, except the 2 buttons clusters underneath. My gut feeling tells me those extra features (LKAS and whatever the other set of buttons are for) won't be included in Australian version though.

bigdongers
07-08-2005, 11:50 PM
new wheel looks good!. I like the dash too.

ant234
08-08-2005, 11:27 AM
I love the blue dash!! OMG i want that instead! :D

VirIIx
08-08-2005, 11:50 AM
I like the present dash, the blue is so early mellenia :p but that dash could grow on me given time.

I agree that there should be a more sophisticated trip computer like the mercs out there - for christ sake even my dad's new company car, an executive commodore vz station wagon has a damn trip computer like the mercs. Fuel consumption, km's driven per session of a cooldown of a few hours etc etc.

most of all.. i want that 8.5K redline ;)

leungie
08-08-2005, 01:01 PM
my biggest complain regarding the interior was the steering wheel being too 'thin' and the colour of the dash, this seems to be an improvement to the current euros i must say. But why are we just get the euro-R dash and their momo steering with the stereo controls and crusie control (or even without these buttons would be fine too)~

ant234
08-08-2005, 01:07 PM
the trip computer isn't hard... its all in the computer CPU! all it needs is to display all the detail!

MiSloVic
09-08-2005, 12:43 PM
the trip computer isn't hard... its all in the computer CPU! all it needs is to display all the detail!
dont think so.. the computer cpu does not track stuffs like mileage, travelled, est qty of fuel in tank, fuel consumptions, etc. what it does is just process a list of sensors, sufficient to keep the euro running properly, and a list of error codes, avg driving style.

Tobster
01-09-2005, 03:37 PM
This has been posted at
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1355618
scanned from Road and Track
http://steiner.gamma.timdorr.com/tsx.jpg

Rendezvous
01-09-2005, 06:11 PM
Blue lighting in the dash looks much better than current dash. more modern and youthful. older accords have blueish/turqoise lighting. Inclusion of a trip computer would be a welcome addition. competitors mazda 6 subaru liberty have it y doesnt accord euro

euro1978
01-09-2005, 06:37 PM
Blue lighting may be more youthful but many think it looks pretty tacky as well.

evolution42
01-09-2005, 07:30 PM
LATEST PICS:

http://www.japanesecarfans.com/news/2050901.001/2050901.001.Mini15L.jpg
http://www.japanesecarfans.com/news/2050901.001/2050901.001.Mini16L.jpg

http://www.japanesecarfans.com/news/2050901.001/2050901.001.Mini17L.jpg

http://www.japanesecarfans.com/news/2050901.001/2050901.001.Mini18L.jpg

http://www.japanesecarfans.com/news/2050901.001/2050901.001.Mini19L.jpg

bigdongers
01-09-2005, 07:42 PM
looks good! I reckon they will launch this at the Sydney Motor show as a bit of a surprise :)

Either that or January next year.

yfin
01-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Nice find. Not so sure about the extra chrome on the grill! We don't need more chrome. :thumbdwn:

The fog covers don't look quite right either. Why leave that little black piece in the corner - they should have matched that to the paint if they are matching the rest of the bumper.

The corners of the headlights look slightly different too - not better IMO - just different.

Overall - it is ok. Nothing major there.

VirIIx
01-09-2005, 09:57 PM
agreed with yfin

nexace
01-09-2005, 10:26 PM
I like the interior...looks better than the current 2005 model.

yfin
01-09-2005, 10:33 PM
What's with the brown? Targetting the lawn bowls crowd maybe?

Maybe this is the start of some boring colours for the Euro:

Arctic Beige,
Pearl white with a twist of lemon;
Light green paste;
Shitzu brown.

as001
01-09-2005, 10:55 PM
I like the interior...looks better than the current 2005 model.

Im a 05 owner must say interior is a good step forward even without sat nav screen biggest weakness in my opinion of lux model is the nasty wood grain...
Exterior wise not much difference tailored for US market

euro77
01-09-2005, 11:29 PM
I don't like the new front bumper, and too much chrome on front grille. I like the new rear bumper though, and love the new interior.

bigdongers
02-09-2005, 12:52 AM
I don't like the new front bumper, and too much chrome on front grille. I like the new rear bumper though, and love the new interior.

how is the new rear bumper different? I cant see any difference.

Tobster
02-09-2005, 10:33 AM
I don't like the wheels -- whether we get them or not, we'll just have to wait and see. Definitely too much chrome on the grille. Not sure about the new front bumper: I don't mind the egg-crate, the rest could grow on me. What it does make me think is that it will be much easier to open a side vent alongside the foglight to allow airflow to a CAI...

Tobster
02-09-2005, 10:39 AM
It looks much more of a conservative luxury car than the "sports sedan" that they've generally been trying to pitch it as...

Also, does that mean that the car won't be available with an extra body kit? I can't see how a lip kit will fit over those bumpers -- they (and the side skirts) already flare out subtly. Or will the body kit be a full bumper?

VirIIx
02-09-2005, 11:20 AM
the car looks a lot more rounded.. and a tadd less aggressive..

doesn't give that warm feeling inside...

in my frame of mind it's much like what happened to the Integra Type R -> Integra Type S, maybe refined in some more ways.. but cosmetically..:thumbdwn:

euro1978
02-09-2005, 01:33 PM
I am just relieved the cosmetic changes to the exterior are mild so that I do not need to change cars (I hate having a previous model) :)

baboo
02-09-2005, 01:47 PM
me don't like, the new one like gay

aaronng
02-09-2005, 02:58 PM
me don't like, the new one like gay
LOL....
I reckon the grill is more similar to that of the TSX. I saw the TSX in person when I was in Florida. Wasn't as pretty as our Euros, I tell ya. Their grill + bumper looked chunky when compared to ours which are sleek.

Chris_F
02-09-2005, 04:51 PM
not a fan of the grill at all (or the new front bumper).

the new headlights look pretty cool though - no that the differences are really noticable.

kinda dissapointing in some ways acutally - hopefully the OEM bodykit dresses it up a bit for the 06 buyers.

V205
02-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Are a lot of you assuming that's what we'll be getting? We might not be getting the update at all?

MiSloVic
02-09-2005, 05:45 PM
Are a lot of you assuming that's what we'll be getting? We might not be getting the update at all?

there is a high chance that the changes will be coming to OZ, especially if they are applied to the JDM version. the only thing which might be different is the Sat Nav and the centre console.

euro77
02-09-2005, 09:23 PM
how is the new rear bumper different? I cant see any difference. the rear bumper seems to be fatter, doesn't it?

yfin
02-09-2005, 09:36 PM
the rear bumper seems to be fatter, doesn't it?

nah - looks the same imo

me_kevinly
04-09-2005, 07:47 AM
i love the new interior! blue lights! :thumbsup:
i think there bluetooth fuction as well :thumbsup:
also i notice its fully clear headlights, no orange parts. :thumbsup:
dont really thing i could get a Third euro :thumbdwn:

ant234
05-09-2005, 02:38 PM
gosh, my car is already outdated... i only had it for 2 months!!!

aaronng
05-09-2005, 03:52 PM
With the BT connectivity, I suspect that it is tied to the Navi system. So if Australia doesn't get the Navi like for the 03-05 models, then we will lose the good part of the interior upgrades.

REV888
05-09-2005, 03:56 PM
With the BT connectivity, I suspect that it is tied to the Navi system. So if Australia doesn't get the Navi like for the 03-05 models, then we will lose the good part of the interior upgrades.

So True. ;)

bigdongers
05-09-2005, 11:14 PM
how much would you guys pay for a sat nav option? i would pay $2000.

albii
05-09-2005, 11:57 PM
how much would you guys pay for a sat nav option? i would pay $2000.
pah... aftermarket is less than half that for a good one.....the $2000 ubd

aaronng
06-09-2005, 11:16 AM
Aftermarket is nothing compared to this one in the JDM and USDM Euro. Do you know you can just say "Nearest petrol station" and it will give you directions to one? It's voice activated! And I read that in the US, "chinese restaurant" works too. LOL.

jl88rl
06-09-2005, 12:03 PM
I noticed that the chrome on the hood has disappeared. Even on silver, the subtle difference looks good.

Tobster
06-09-2005, 12:13 PM
You're right -- I hadn't registered that the top chrome stripe is on the grille not the bonnet.

Tobster
06-09-2005, 02:04 PM
There's write up on the revised TSX at the Temple of VTEC, including details of changes to both intake and exhaust:

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=398963

X8TEENX
06-09-2005, 03:30 PM
wow...very intrested about the car....if got pic..just put it on the web.

as001
06-09-2005, 05:54 PM
have they gone leather/vinyl on the seats like the integra type s?
looks better then the euro lux seats...

yfin
06-09-2005, 11:01 PM
More info here:

Still not so sure about the front fog light treatment. Rear bumper is more sculptured. Looks like a new bonnet too (note no trim piece)

euro77
07-09-2005, 12:04 AM
More info here:

Still not so sure about the front fog light treatment. Rear bumper is more sculptured. Looks like a new bonnet too (note no trim piece)

told you the rear bumper was kinda different :D

stephen8512
07-09-2005, 12:13 AM
also, the hood trim grille is no longer there it seems
it seems the chrome piece thats on the 03-05 model euro/TSX is now integrated into the one grille
and the the grille looks longer than the 03-05 models......am i right in saying that or is it just me?

yfin
08-09-2005, 09:30 AM
told you the rear bumper was kinda different :D

Yaya - rear end on that brown accord looks different but that could be the angle, lighting etc.

V205
10-09-2005, 04:02 PM
The TSX interior plastic and design is more up classed than ours. They also get premium sound system.

nich
12-09-2005, 09:12 PM
It pretty much looks the same just more gagets. I'm am slightly disappointed.

Chris_F
12-09-2005, 09:45 PM
i prefer the TSX grille to the accord grille shown in the pictures. It's strange how on the accord the chrome doesnt go all the way around :confused:

i really do prefer the old style more - im really interested to see what bodykit they bring out for it though... if they do

Tobster
13-09-2005, 12:54 PM
News from the Frankfurt Motor Show says:
(http://www.carpages.co.uk/honda/honda-frankfurt-show-part-2-01-09-05.asp -- remember too that Europe only gets the Accord Euro)

New Accord for 2006

An enhanced version of Honda’s award-winning D-segment contender will also have its first public outing at the show. As well as receiving an interior and exterior facelift, the Accord range will also benefit from the first application in Europe of Honda’s ADAS (Advanced Driving Assist Systems) technologies.

The innovative suite of systems is aimed at making the driving experience relaxing and above all safer. Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), which regulates the speed of the car and its distance to the vehicle in front, will be fitted. In addition, the European-first Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), which detects lane markings on motorways and applies the appropriate amount of torque to the steering, will also be available (as a factory-equipped option on right-hand drive models only).

According to http://www.motoring.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=751&fArticleId=2860119 the new Accord is to be released in South Africa (but without the goodies mentioned above) in the first quarter of 2006 -- so we may see it here early in the year too...

Tobster
14-09-2005, 02:20 PM
The new chrome grille doesn't look too bad on the silver -- have to see it on other colours:

http://motortrend.com/autoshows/coverage/112_05fas_honda_accord_z.jpg

The rest of the look is growing on me. What I really want to know is if we'll actually see the engine mods that only seem to be mentioned for the TSX (nothing mentioned so far for the Accord, but you would assume it would be fairly across the board), and what wheels we're going to end up with...

evolution42
14-09-2005, 05:04 PM
wasn't too impressed with the look of the brown press-release car, but that silver one is stunning!:thumbsup:

Tobster
16-09-2005, 12:52 PM
More pics from the Frankfurt Motor Show:
http://world.honda.com/Frankfurt2005/photos/hondabooth/image/21.jpg
http://world.honda.com/Frankfurt2005/photos/hondabooth/image/22.jpg
http://world.honda.com/Frankfurt2005/photos/hondabooth/image/24.jpg

If anyone wants to look at the whole Honda stand, have a look at
http://world.honda.com/Frankfurt2005/

PNR888
16-09-2005, 02:30 PM
Without body kit, the front bumper looks lower than our stock already.. they also add eyeliner to the margin of the front parking lights.
the alloy wheels look like BMW 5-series's M-sport pack 18".

Tobster
16-09-2005, 04:23 PM
The 17 inch wheels on these cars in the photos have been OEM options available in the UK and I think also in the US for the TSX.

evolution42
16-09-2005, 06:01 PM
yet more pics from evolution42!:)
little things to look for:
new steering wheel design with pronounced grips at 10-2
new parklight design/clear front indicator
flat wiper blades
door sill plates
new AT shift knob design
the wide-angle portion in the exterior mirror of the last pic (like some european cars have)
matte silver console trim?

Australia probably won't get the navigation system (and the extra buttons on the steering wheel which comes with it), but one could always hope:p

http://shows.autospies.com/gallery/auto-show-photos.asp?imageId=14559&galleryId=23
http://shows.autospies.com/gallery/auto-show-photos.asp?imageId=14560&galleryId=23
http://shows.autospies.com/gallery/auto-show-photos.asp?imageId=14561&galleryId=23
http://shows.autospies.com/gallery/auto-show-photos.asp?imageId=14562&galleryId=23
http://shows.autospies.com/gallery/auto-show-photos.asp?imageId=14563&galleryId=23
http://shows.autospies.com/gallery/auto-show-photos.asp?imageId=14564&galleryId=23
http://shows.autospies.com/gallery/auto-show-photos.asp?imageId=14565&galleryId=23
http://shows.autospies.com/gallery/auto-show-photos.asp?imageId=14566&galleryId=23
http://shows.autospies.com/gallery/auto-show-photos.asp?imageId=14567&galleryId=23
http://shows.autospies.com/gallery/auto-show-photos.asp?imageId=14568&galleryId=23
http://shows.autospies.com/gallery/auto-show-photos.asp?imageId=14569&galleryId=23
http://shows.autospies.com/gallery/auto-show-photos.asp?imageId=14573&galleryId=23

ikebin
16-09-2005, 06:07 PM
the overall car looks good but i don't like the rear lights for some reason

evolution42
16-09-2005, 06:16 PM
on the rear lights in europe, the left reverse light isn't actually a reverse light- its a rear foglight. the right one is a normal reverse light

yfin
17-09-2005, 11:50 PM
UPDATE!!! Guys look at:

http://www.honda.co.uk/

See on top left corner - click on "the New Accord".

Check that out including 360 degree view. Folding mirrors, blue cluster, new thicker steering wheel, etc.

We will get at least some of the interior changes - and I am fairly sure we would get all the exterior changes. I am also tipping we we get fuel to empty display on the dash.

GMC
18-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Nice....... I take it the 06 would be available at its earliest in January06 in Oz?
Test Driven the 05 and am all but committed to doing the deal on the luxury but as i've never owned a Honda before not sure when they release the new models usually? Don't want to buy something and have it superseeded in 2 months, especially if it has Km to empty on the trip comp.....

Chris_F
18-09-2005, 08:40 PM
wow - now i'm jealous. the new style changes look a lot better in these new photos than i originally thought.

bigdongers
18-09-2005, 11:38 PM
Nice....... I take it the 06 would be available at its earliest in January06 in Oz?

not necessarily. Honda usually update their cars before the new year and sell them as 06 complience. I reckon we will see this updated model at the Sydney Motor Show and it may go on sale around November/December.

GMC
19-09-2005, 08:20 AM
Thanks, This throws a spanner in the works.... I've got a quote of $43,800 on road from dealer on the luxury auto milano w/bonnet, light protectors, mats and tint, whether to order or wait for the 06...any advice?

euro1978
19-09-2005, 08:43 AM
I think it depends on what train of thought you subscribe 2.

Personally I like to have the latest and would wait for the new model to arrive especially as we know it is close.

If you are the sort of person that sees buying an outgoing model as a means of getting a good price then go for it.

Any further discount you get will be offset by the dip in value that will occur in current models the day the new model lands. Thats why I say wait.

aaronng
19-09-2005, 11:30 AM
Thanks, This throws a spanner in the works.... I've got a quote of $43,800 on road from dealer on the luxury auto milano w/bonnet, light protectors, mats and tint, whether to order or wait for the 06...any advice?
Haha, tell him you realise it is close to 2006 and you can bear to wait 3 months. But if he gives it to you for $42000, you'll sign on the spot. Haha. That's if you you don't mind the 05.

V205
19-09-2005, 08:57 PM
If u currentely have a car to use.. may as well wait and see what is offered for 2006?

yfin
19-09-2005, 09:09 PM
No downside I can see waiting 8-10 weeks (assuming that is an option for you). If anything you may have a choice between a 2006 model (probably at full price) or a discounted 2005 model.

GMC
20-09-2005, 07:38 AM
Yeah if only i could of waited!!! 3 Weeks of Public transport was enough to make me sign up... The old VN commy died and was time for an upgrade, what better than the euro? pick it up Friday!

djcloud
28-09-2005, 11:56 PM
No downside I can see waiting 8-10 weeks (assuming that is an option for you). If anything you may have a choice between a 2006 model (probably at full price) or a discounted 2005 model.

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. Been reading heaps before I'd actually made my decision to purchase the 05 Accord Euro about 2 weeks ago (of cos thanks to the positive input you guys have made that actually helped me with my decision :thumbsup: ). Was going to pick my car up last week but then the dealer told me the MY06 specs should arrive in about 3-4weeks time. I found out this week that Honda Australia won't ship the MY06 til Dec, if there are any updates such as the fuel consumption thing, then I guess it's probably worth the wait (trust me, I've been trying so hard not to think about it each day!)

Anyways, do you guys think it's worth me waiting for the MY06 specs or not? If there aren't any updates at all, then I might as well kill the waiting game and just pick up the MY05 specs now.

Cheers

yfin
29-09-2005, 12:02 AM
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. Been reading heaps before I'd actually made my decision to purchase the 05 Accord Euro about 2 weeks ago (of cos thanks to the positive input you guys have made that actually helped me with my decision :thumbsup: ). Was going to pick my car up last week but then the dealer told me the MY06 specs should arrive in about 3-4weeks time. I found out this week that Honda Australia won't ship the MY06 til Dec, if there are any updates such as the fuel consumption thing, then I guess it's probably worth the wait (trust me, I've been trying so hard not to think about it each day!)

Anyways, do you guys think it's worth me waiting for the MY06 specs or not? If there aren't any updates at all, then I might as well kill the waiting game and just pick up the MY05 specs now.

Cheers

No one can tell you exactly what the 06 specs will be until it is announced so it is v difficult to say whether it is worth the wait. If I was in your position and did not need the car immediately - I would wait to see what the announced changes are. Even if the changes are minimal - at least you will have a better bargaining position as Honda will want to clear the 05 stock.

djcloud
29-09-2005, 12:18 AM
No one can tell you exactly what the 06 specs will be until it is announced so it is v difficult to say whether it is worth the wait. If I was in your position and did not need the car immediately - I would wait to see what the announced changes are. Even if the changes are minimal - at least you will have a better bargaining position as Honda will want to clear the 05 stock.

Thanks for your prompt reply yfin. Yes you are probably right about waiting. In fact, I've already put down a deposit and signed the contract 2 weeks ago, I'm just glad that they didn't force me to pick up the 05 specs as they gave me an option of waiting for the 06 specs which I think was a plus. Unfortunately, I won't get a chance to play with my new car as it will be delivered 2 days before I head off for overseas! :(

If I get more info from Honda Australia or the dealer, I'll let you guys know. Once again thanks. :cool:

GMC
29-09-2005, 08:52 AM
DJ... I purchased an MY05 about 1 week ago, when i picked the car up i was talking to the dealer and he said that they probably wont see MY06 til Feb.
If you need the car (like i did) just haggle them for a discount (somewhere in the 10% range) or use private fleet.

djcloud
29-09-2005, 09:34 PM
DJ... I purchased an MY05 about 1 week ago, when i picked the car up i was talking to the dealer and he said that they probably wont see MY06 til Feb.
If you need the car (like i did) just haggle them for a discount (somewhere in the 10% range) or use private fleet.

GMC, are you sure that you need to wait til feb next year for the MY06 specs? I rang up the dealer today and was told that definitely it would be here in dec 2005. I have no choice now anyways, even if I wanted the 05 one, the colour that I'm after (graphite pearl), unfortunately there's only like 3 left in Australia, so pretty much my chances of getting any one of these 3 are VERY slim.

He pretty much hinted that it's worth me waiting, so heck, I'm waiting! Like yfin said earlier, it's probably worth waiting even if the updates are just minimal. ;)

GMC
30-09-2005, 07:40 AM
Yeah if you don't need the car id wait too.....
After reading these forums when i went to pick up the car i thought id ask the dealer when the 06 would be in, i said to him you should be getting 06 by the end of the year and he said with honda they will probably ship then but wont be available to early feb.... Not sure if thats true as this is the first Honda i've purchased so not sure what they're like with releasing new models.
Probably know more after the Motor Show i guess! By the way i got the Milano Red :)

PNR888
30-09-2005, 07:55 PM
Yeah if you don't need the car id wait too.....
After reading these forums when i went to pick up the car i thought id ask the dealer when the 06 would be in, i said to him you should be getting 06 by the end of the year and he said with honda they will probably ship then but wont be available to early feb.... Not sure if thats true as this is the first Honda i've purchased so not sure what they're like with releasing new models.
Probably know more after the Motor Show i guess! By the way i got the Milano Red :)

GMC: It is impossible for MY06 model arriving that late (Feb 06)..Unless your dealer sold all the quota for 2005, so they couldn't get any allocation for the first shipment of MY06 arriving Dec 2005. Next year Model usually arrive end of the year for delivery... so Dec 05 like DJ's dealer said sounds right..

I think the your dealer just want to make you feel better since you are getting MY05. Or he is protecting himself from you haggling :D .... But MY05 will just as good as MY06.. so great buy!

silverabt
01-10-2005, 04:46 PM
any pics?

evolution42
01-10-2005, 04:53 PM
previous pages.

msnealo
01-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Am I correct in saying you guy's think we're getting an updated model between Dec 05 and Feb 06 or are you just talking about an 06 plated Euro.
I think the sales people your talking to will be talking about 06 plated Euro's turning up in Dec but the 06 updated model won't be out here until later next year.
I hope it's not an updated model as I'm only 2 weeks away from getting my Graphite Pearl Euro!

UNLS1
02-11-2005, 11:44 AM
we have no graphite lux euros arriving till dec....will get the new one very late dec early jan

madjace
03-11-2005, 08:17 AM
unls i wish i had of read your posts earlier i would have bought my new euro from you , do you think we will be able to retro fit the new stanav into 05 lux models ?