PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Legend HELP!

ProMaX
02-08-2005, 03:51 PM
Hey how u guys doing, i've actually been on here for awhile but this is my first actual real post.. moving on
I just bought a 1989 legend quite cheap and I have no idea what to do to it.. atm it's stock, I'm planning on doing the engine first, then exterior and interior but I'm not sure specifically what I should get so I'm very open minded about the ideas any of you guys have...thanks for the help
have a good one from Rob

SiReal
02-08-2005, 03:58 PM
welcome la! cruiser man..i think keep it that way...so what i'd do is jut get some nice matching wheels in 18" and then lower it nicely. no fart can, cos it makes the car look cheap..but perhpas dual square tips (remus style). maybe some basic and subtle lips and skirts. Nothing too outthere. Dun wanna get the cops and theives attention. Btw, thats a freaky avatar. I hope that isn't you. ^o^

ProMaX
02-08-2005, 04:58 PM
haahaha nah mate that's not me it's just an avatar i've always had since before i can remember

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/ProMaX/e5_1_b.jpg
that's the muffler i got atm it came with the car it's a remus style and gives off a lower note than standard but i'm thinking of getting a better one
thanks for the suggestions man they sound awesome so far, do u have any idea on the prices i'm looking at? I live in sydney so if u no of any places i could go to it'd be much appreciated, u got any ideas for the engine?

panda[cRx]
02-08-2005, 05:41 PM
there is pretty much shit all you can do performance wise for one of these.
(unless u wanna go nuts and do a swap, but if you did i would probably be looking outside of the honda box )

i reckon just get some nice rims, lower it, you might be able to source a kit for it but it would be hard so if you wanted one it would prolly need to be a custom job. maybe pimp it out inside with nice interior or something.

i was driving one of these around for about 4months (same colour as urs too)and they are a great car for its age. nice smooth drive, heaps of 'luxury' features.... and its a honda :p

ProMaX
02-08-2005, 07:12 PM
ahh k fair enough thanks for the advice
what would reckon recommend to pimp it up?

panda[cRx]
02-08-2005, 07:37 PM
well it depends how far you wanna go and if u wanna spend money on it. if it was me and i wanted to mod it i would only go one way... VIP

basic stuff would just be get some nice big bling bling rims and dump it on its ass
maybe a tint job.

if you wanna go further:
- i've seen a few of these done up in japan so there may be a few kits available but as i said it might be a lil hard to find.
- deep dish 20's :D
-airbag(air cylinder) it
-respray with big kandy flakes
-leather interior/retrim dash
-nice dark tint
-nice exhaust, maybe something like a dtm style (cant be too big if gonna airbag it)
-find someone that can refresh the taillights and headlights (maybe convert to some from a newer car)
-shave badges and maybe door handles

i know its a very blinged out list and that would be a lot of money down the drain but you asked my suggestions =P

if you did this up alot you would have an incredibly unique car

ProMaX
03-08-2005, 06:52 AM
mmm yer i understand sounds like an awesome car, I have an entire lifetime to work on it so I'm planning on doing the absolute best to it... how much u reckon it'll cost? just starting on the basics? I'll do them first and we'll take it from there...first up, what am i gonna do to it and how much would it cost?

This is a car a saw awhile ago, 89 legend also, it was for sale but i didn't end up buying it coz i didn't have enough money :thumbdwn:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/ProMaX/DisplayImage.jpg
wat u have here .. lowered, sports exhaust, tinted windows, bodykit, custom vinyls, forgot wat else he put on there.. but yea basically I'm going to build my car up to be better than that... hopefully

HondaLegend89
17-08-2005, 07:00 PM
Whatever you do, DONT pimp out the Legend. I could not stand the thought of a Legend being ruined. I have seen a few Legends 'pimped' and in my opinion they look awful. This is just my opinion though. By all means though, make it nice with leather, exhaust, tint and shaved emblems, just don't put on a tinny muffler with 20" wheels on it. :D
If you want your Legend to last there are probably a few things you should do before you start modding it though.
Change all the fluids with Honda Genuine Fluids i.e. Coolant, oil, ATF oil, power steering fluid, brake fluid etc.
Check the CV joints, these are a common thing to fail on the Legend
Check when the timing belt was last replaced, you don't want that to snap or slip, costly $$$ are involved if that happens.
Change spark plugs, air filter and fuel filter, oil and oil filter.
Check your brake pads and hoses
If your valves tick try a bottle of Nulon lifter free tune up with your next oil change.
Change your thermostat and clean or replace your PCV valve and clean your valve covers

It hink that is about it :D Let me know if you have any queries. ;)

Regards,
Steve

Love to Love the Legend :honda:

integrity
18-08-2005, 06:51 PM
basically change timing belt
change all fluids
such as:
oil
transmission (get dexron III)
radiator
power steering (use original honda )
and change the radiator hoses

after that ...
GET SOME RIMS AND DROP IT ...!!!

HondaLegend89
18-08-2005, 07:16 PM
If I am not mistaken Honda Auto transmission fluid is a must in the Legend. I have heard people never tell me never to anyhting but Honda fluid in your transmission.

Regards,
Steve

Love to Love the Legend :honda: