PDA

View Full Version : best honda ecu for h22a

h22a accord
02-08-2005, 06:05 PM
hey guys, this question is directed to the ecu experts here. i want to know what ecu would be best for my engine performance wise. the engine is stock jdm h22a with obd-1 p13

would it be best to change it or get hondata etc.

Weq
02-08-2005, 07:19 PM
hondata is prolly best for u

Chi
02-08-2005, 07:26 PM
If u got alot of after market parts like headers, IM, exhuast etc.

Then yes get a hondata.

ECU-MAN
02-08-2005, 11:14 PM
get you self a P28 or P30 manual ECU and ProECU it

dc5melbteg
02-08-2005, 11:56 PM
hondata is prolly best for u

I just installed hondata in my dc5 Integra, I researched it fairly heavily and looked at all the options, its by far the best option out there, hondata hands down. Talk to your local dealers which are on James’s website Your NSW local dealers can be found here for you
http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=219
or just call James (blkcrx) on 0417 875 785 he is very helpful and his knowledge and advice is outstanding. I’m in the process of writing up a review of all my modifications and hondata but a simple overview now is hondata is amazing you will not have any problems or regrets with the product of the support.

hondata :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BLKCRX
03-08-2005, 12:12 AM
I just installed hondata in my dc5 Integra, I researched it fairly heavily and looked at all the options, its by far the best option out there, hondata hands down. Talk to your local dealers which are on James’s website Your NSW local dealers can be found here for you
http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=219
or just call James (blkcrx) on 0417 875 785 he is very helpful and his knowledge and advice is outstanding. I’m in the process of writing up a review of all my modifications and hondata but a simple overview now is hondata is amazing you will not have any problems or regrets with the product of the support.

hondata :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hey Weq Chi and Alf (dc5melbteg)! Great that your delighted happy with your DC5, it was a pleasure to meet and teach you, I’m always up for explaining and educating the public where required or asked. Having said that the Dc5 Hondata system works slightly differently to the Prelude system, h22a Accord the system I would recommend would be a the Obd1 S100 option for you, please contact me or my dealers, as Alf listed above for pricing. If you hang tight in a week or 2 ill have this prelude finished off which is a Full Razztech Sunk2 setup, should make some nice power ! I’m writing an article on the progress of the car from stock to highly modified.

But yeah like mentioned above if you need any help or technical advice feel free to call me or contact any of my dealers. As for tuning the stock JDM H22 there most certainly gains to be gained from tuning even a stock setup, you will find a lot of h22 owners lurking on Prelude Australia. The JDM headers on a H22 are already great compared to the Australian H22, so if you have a nice intake and exhaust most certainly look at getting your car tuned, or look at doing some Skunk 2 cams. The other option is to look at a clutch and flywheel. The lighten flywheel will allow your engine to rev more freely, and the heavy clutch feel is always a nice feeling under your foot.

Hope that information helps, if you require anything else just ask.

Regards James

h22a accord
03-08-2005, 03:51 PM
Thanks guys! your advice is much appreciated!