PDA

View Full Version : Barrichello to Honda in 06?

BiGANG
02-08-2005, 08:52 PM
Was watching the F1 on the weekend, and heard that its pretty much signed sealed and delivered that Rubens is moving to Honda. What are your thoughts on this guys. I think that some experienced drivers would be good for honda.. Plus I like Rubens, now he can show his true flare without being in the shadow of shuey.

jackosimm
02-08-2005, 08:56 PM
I heard them talking about this too. It will be interesting to see how Rubens drive not being a number 2 driver.
How many years has he got left in him? His performance is still great, and it should be good for him.

T-onedc2
02-08-2005, 09:00 PM
Yeah I agree with you there, He's a top driver and it's gotta be tough living in the shadow of Schumacher. Good for team morale at BAR as I recall them saying Button has been wanting to leave for (Williams I think?) a year or so but legal stuff kept him at BAR.
Also Sato good but lacks experience or rather maturity in his driving compared to Barrichello so it can only be good news.

^^v
02-08-2005, 10:06 PM
check out the F1 discussion thread... there r a few articles about it in there..

anywayz... Barrichello at BAR huh..it'll be interesting to see how Rubens handles the 008 car next season...
will be sad to see button go.. hes doing a fantastic job atm... BAR n button make a good combo imo...
n as for Taku.. giv him one more season to prove himself i say...

tRipitaka
02-08-2005, 10:08 PM
BARrichello..
perfect advertising scheme..

BiGANG
02-08-2005, 10:18 PM
i think button is having second thoughts too, prolly coz the williams will end up with honda engines next year anyway the way things are going. so it maybe it ends up barrichello as no 1 and button number 2. that would be good i think. button has been hondas golden boy too long, he will need to pick up his game to match results rubens will probably be shooting for.. SO MORE POINTS FOR HONDA.. this is all heresay but yeh, would be nice

Chi
02-08-2005, 10:21 PM
BARrichello..
perfect advertising scheme..

*cough*lame*cough*

toE
02-08-2005, 10:26 PM
That's what I've heard from a mate too. (beer chat ;))

But, atm, Button is trying to stay in BAR. If this happens, and Rubens goes to BAR, who'll be Driver No.1 and who'll be Driver No.2? Ah-hah...and the plot thickens! :D

But I doubt Button will be able to stay in BAR due to contracts and what-not.

I hear Sato's on the move too.

Bah...so much will be happening!

bigteethygrin
02-08-2005, 10:34 PM
so now ferrari have a not so competitive car its interesting to see how michael can still get something out of the car while rubens is definitely struggling alot more.

TwEigh
02-08-2005, 11:07 PM
Be like mclaren, there is no such thing as 1st and 2nd driver..
all equal.. including test and 3rd driver :p
oh yeh dont forget pit boys

Vivski
03-08-2005, 12:34 AM
There's no "i" in "team. But there's no "u" either.

SiR JDM
03-08-2005, 12:53 AM
Im not as into f1 as alot of you are .. but i think its a good move

if Button does stay, that wont leave much from for Sato. Even tho he hasn't been doin much latly, i still like him. But Button/Barrichello combo for BAR sounds like a sweet move :thumbsup:

^^v
03-08-2005, 08:36 AM
alrite guys... official confirmation of Rubens leaving Ferarri... most likely to be in the BAR camp next year...
Massa to take his place as 'number two' driver for Ferarri

Barrichello to leave Ferrari
He will be replaced by Felipe Massa
http://f1.racing-live.com/img/l3.gif
http://f1.racing-live.com/img/vide.gif

http://f1.racing-live.com/photos/imgactu/05/barrichello-hockenheim_210705_220x154.jpg
Barrichello will leave Ferrari

Rubens Barrichello will leave Ferrari at the end of the current Formula One season, the Italian team said Tuesday.

Barrichello's place as number two driver to Michael Schumacher will be taken by fellow Brazilian Felipe Massa.

"Rubens Barrichello will leave Ferrari at the end of the 2005 season, bringing to an end a fruitful and successful collaboration that started in 2000 and helped bring us five constructors' championships," said a statement posted on Ferrari's official website.

Barrichello, 33, is being widely tipped to replace Takuma Sato at BAR Honda next season to partner Jensen Button.

Speaking on Sunday after the Hungarian Grand Prix, BAR sporting director Gil de Ferran, a close friend of Barrichello's, hinted the Brazilian was a target. "I think Rubens is a very good driver but we have no comment about the driver line-up for next year yet," he said.

Winner of nine Formula One races in his career, Barrichello has grown increasingly tired of living in the shadows of seven-time world champion Schumacher, who has committed to see out his contract which ends in 2006. Barrichello began his Formula One career with Jordan in 1993 and went on to be their longest serving driver to date. He enjoyed a solid first season but an unreliable car and some poor luck meant he finished in the points just once.

The following year he enjoyed his first podium finish at Aida in the Pacific GP and a fourth in his home GP at Interlagos. He suffered an horrific crash during practice for San Marino in 1994 but bounced back to take pole at Spa and finished sixth overall in the race.

The next two seasons at Jordan were fruitless and in 1997 he moved to the new Stewart team. Beset with car problems he endured a frustrating time there and in late 1999 he announced he would be joining Ferrari for the 2000 season, the year he won his first Grand Prix in Germany.

Source AFP

f1live.com

Kawasaki
03-08-2005, 08:48 AM
so now ferrari have a not so competitive car its interesting to see how michael can still get something out of the car while rubens is definitely struggling alot more.

or the fact that maybe michael is their main concern, Dont u be dissin rubens

LUD02C
05-08-2005, 04:29 PM
For all you Sato fans, you better pray that Jenson goes to Williams otherwise BYE BYE Sato!

nEUROtic
05-08-2005, 04:57 PM
BAR want button and rubes. Sato is out the door. Whether they get to keep button or not is the real deal, Buttongate the sequel.

Also has anyone else read this months f1 racing mag? talking about "Indygate" ****ing everything in f1 just needs gate after it if its a scandal. I mean how many decades ago was watergate.

Suggestions this year include :

Hyundaigate
Feedertankgate
GPDAgate
Concorde-Agreement-Gate
Will Max Quit?, Gate
Shouldergate (montoya)

Poor and lazy journalism. :P

jackosimm
05-08-2005, 06:05 PM
For all you Sato fans, you better pray that Jenson goes to Williams otherwise BYE BYE Sato!

Doesnt trouble me lol:thumbsup:

Speeder
05-08-2005, 09:31 PM
Hope this is concrete. Barrichello would throw loops around Sato in terms of results. Although I don't mind Sato when he is actually racing and not tagging along.

LUD02C
07-08-2005, 01:13 PM
Yeh Speeder its 100% Barrichello is joining BAR-Honda in 2006.

I found something out this week, Mercedes-Benz until very recently , designed and built all the Honda V8's in IRL.

Oh and Williams have signed with Cosworth for engine supplies in 2006.

jackosimm
07-08-2005, 01:57 PM
So does this mean there's a chance Merc will make Honda's engines next year lol?
Thought Williams would go with Cosworth, this is going to be another crazy silly season this year lol.
I just wonder how Rubens is going to go next year.

^^v
07-08-2005, 02:59 PM
I found something out this week, Mercedes-Benz until very recently , designed and built all the Honda V8's in IRL.

really??
how is that so?
wouldnt think the biggest engine manufacturer in the world would let a rival company design its race engines... :confused:

TwEigh
07-08-2005, 03:23 PM
merc makes honda engines? sound unreasonable.. where is the source of those information..?

LUD02C
07-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Sorry boys but its true.
Through the IImor company, Mercedes Benz designed and built them all ONLY FOR IRL

But as said above, until very recently they don't.
I got no idea if Honda build there own now.

nEUROtic
07-08-2005, 06:56 PM
I'm having f1 withdrawl :(

LUD02C
07-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Check out all the action of A1 GP then mate.
You think Ferrari have been testing, lately all the A1 GP boys have been hammering Silverstone I think it is.

Also, Rossi has just finished his 2 day testing driving Michael's F2004 car.

SiR JDM
07-08-2005, 07:11 PM

Ill be praying, i like Sato!

TwEigh
07-08-2005, 07:50 PM
a noob question,
what is IRL?

LUD02C
07-08-2005, 08:27 PM
IRL = Indy Racing League.
Its in the USA, it all was one league with IRL and Champ cars then (like F1) teams and owners got the shits with each other and 2 series started.

Drivers like Montoya came up through these leagues!

^^v
07-08-2005, 10:31 PM
damn...
still dun understand why they'd build n design a Honda engine..... escapes me...
is it cheaper? ....:confused:

LUD02C
08-08-2005, 04:36 PM
damn...
still dun understand why they'd build n design a Honda engine..... escapes me...
is it cheaper? ....:confused:

I'm not sure on that.
I can't remember Mercedes ever being in IRL at all so they won't have a template of an engine for it.

If Mercedes had to design it and then build it and test it then give it to Honda they would charge a fortune.
Why Honda did this is beyond me.

Maybe it was Honda-America and no orders/decisions made from Japan, because they are 2 different companies aren't they? (Same company just different directors etc)

LUD02C
11-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Honda acually haven't said that they have signed him, I believe they are saying there are a few drivers there looking at or something.

I think its a done deal.

joshen
22-08-2005, 07:02 PM
mercedes ilgmor or however u spell it used to supply engines to CART teams back when the series had more then one engine supplier. Penske were the main team to use the engine and then in years following other teams picked it up. I think Greg Moore's car was powered by the merc when he passed away.

civiceg9
27-08-2005, 12:05 AM
Honda in the IRL series is directed by the company's racing subsidiary, Honda Performance Development (HPD) of Santa Clarita , Calif. HPD operates in technical partnership with Ilmor Engineering Inc. of Plymouth , Mich. Together the two companies are responsible for the design, development and production of the Honda HI5R Indy V-8 engine.

HPD began construction of a new, 124,000-square-foot headquarters in Santa Clarita. More than triple the size of the nearby current facility, the new building is due to open early in 2005 and will provide Honda with complete design, manufacturing and R&D capabilities, permitting the company to further develop its in-house resources and capabilities.

The new Indy V8 is fully designed by Honda HPD now.

Ferrari
09-09-2005, 11:32 AM
Barrichello is one of my favourites, and now I drive a Honda, its even better!

Miss Chanel
27-09-2005, 02:00 PM
I think this would be really good for BARrichello, could be his big break... i mean he has been in Shuey's shadow for ages now..

Loosing Sato wouldnt be that big of a loss... i think we all know that.

I use to love him but how many times has he actually finished a race let alone come top 5?

LUD02C
27-09-2005, 05:01 PM
What did he say about Ferrari just before the race?
I can't remember

***I'm talking about Rubens here***