PDA

View Full Version : Which is worth getting VTi or VTi-S and how much?

Eddie_0
02-08-2005, 11:38 PM
Have a friend thats in the market to buy a Jazz, got a quote from the local dealer today.

Black in color, auto transmission
VTi - $24200 including on road cost
VTi-S about $26700 including on road cost

We are not familiar with the market prices so I'm here seeking some advice so he doesn't get ripped off!

Anyone bought a new Jazz lately?
How much did it cost including on road cost, what model and where did you buy it?
Any extra stuff included like window tinting ...... etc etc?

Which is worth getting the VTi or the VTi-S?
The VTi-S only has extra body kit and bigger alloy wheels (VTi doesn't have alloys I think, correct me if I'm wrong) but of course it does looks better.

Is it cheaper to buy the VTi and install an after market body kit with rear spoiler or cheaper to just get the VTi-S and don't have to worry forking out money to install a body kit?

I got so many questions....hope you guys can help me out!

Thanks in advance

asiansquad
03-08-2005, 12:27 AM
what state are u in???

i got my black vti last nov and it was only 22k including on road...i'm sure the prices have actually gone down by now

TypeG
03-08-2005, 12:34 AM
it depends on if u going to modify you car or not. If u decide to put kit and rims to suit your style after buying your car, i suggest you got for Vti. If not, just get a VtiS.

and Ronald is right. price gone down a lot and the price is definately not a good price at all

Eddie_0
03-08-2005, 01:02 AM
@ asiansquad

@ TypeG

Not planning to mod engine just want a Jazz with body kit, rear spoiler and alloys..

The question is, which would be a better and cheaper option:
VTi plus aftermarket body kit
or
VTi-S Full stock
Not picky about the body kit style but the VTi just looks too plain.

Thanks for the replies..

FIT
03-08-2005, 03:31 AM
get vtis if u dont to spend an extra 3000 dollar to get it kitted and wheels, trust me u will be dying to kit the car if u get vti

Philip Lee
03-08-2005, 09:12 AM
consider the $2.5k gives you the following:

- full factory body kit with factory paint;
- factory alloys and tyres;
- leather steering wheel.

i think the difference in price is justified.

however as TypeG said, if u're gonna put a diff kit and wheels anyway, it would be better to buy VTI. but bear in mind that the front bumper is different between VTI & VTIS, unless u change the whole bumper, it's still obvious that u've got a VTI.

Andys
03-08-2005, 09:20 AM
consider the $2.5k gives you the following:

- full factory body kit with factory paint;
- factory alloys and tyres;
- leather steering wheel.

.. but its also possible to spend $2.5k on just lightweight forged rims and performance tyres :D

But if you want a body kit, IMO just get the VTI-s. Honda did a good job with the aerodynamics and weight (with bodykit parts is as fast or faster and with little or no extra added weight, it seems). The vti-s rims are good too.

As for myself, I just got the Vti because the body kit didn't interest me and I planned to change rims anyway.

- Andrew

MRFIT
03-08-2005, 11:39 AM
what state are u in???

i got my black vti last nov and it was only 22k including on road...i'm sure the prices have actually gone down by now

asiansquad, ur one is manual...... his friend is after auto..... :)

ye, as many people here said...... get the VTi is u wish to get your own bodykit, something different, stand out from the rest...... u can get a decent bodykit for around 1000 ~ 1500 mark, then spend a bit on new rims...... and you are set.....

i got the VTiS because i can't be bothered to source my own kit, and preferred the leather steering wheel, as well as the good tyres..... :)..... oh.... i bought mine for $25500 (manual, tint, with sunroof)......

Dreams
03-08-2005, 11:45 AM
frd of mine recently bought Vti auto in melb for 22500$. i forgot which dealer. i guess you only quoting over the phone?

bagaichiban
03-08-2005, 03:56 PM
Have a friend thats in the market to buy a Jazz, got a quote from the local dealer today.

Black in color, auto transmission
VTi - $24200 including on road cost
VTi-S about $26700 including on road cost

We are not familiar with the market prices so I'm here seeking some advice so he doesn't get ripped off!

Anyone bought a new Jazz lately?
How much did it cost including on road cost, what model and where did you buy it?
Any extra stuff included like window tinting ...... etc etc?

Which is worth getting the VTi or the VTi-S?
The VTi-S only has extra body kit and bigger alloy wheels (VTi doesn't have alloys I think, correct me if I'm wrong) but of course it does looks better.

Is it cheaper to buy the VTi and install an after market body kit with rear spoiler or cheaper to just get the VTi-S and don't have to worry forking out money to install a body kit?

I got so many questions....hope you guys can help me out!

Thanks in advance

VTi-S about $26700 including on road cost????? Man...that is a bit pricy...i got mine VTi-S for only $25300 included everything plus Jazz mats..but i bought it last year 2004 model...not sure the 05 model though....but i don't think the price is more expensive than 04....better check out other Honda dealer...

jenova
03-08-2005, 04:16 PM
You did not bargain hard enough if you can't get vtis auto under 24k. A friend just bought vtis auto with mat slightly under 24k with the free 5 year waranty and road side assistance deal. :thumbsup:

TypeG
03-08-2005, 05:13 PM
You did not bargain hard enough if you can't get vtis auto under 24k. A friend just bought vtis auto with mat slightly under 24k with the free 5 year waranty and road side assistance deal. :thumbsup:

that's a promotion man

miss_vtec
03-08-2005, 05:46 PM
I paid $23,000 for a 2005 VTi in auto (w/ metallic paint). No extras, unless you count a tank of fuel as an extra :rolleyes: Those prices your friend was quoted seem awfully high to me...

Eddie_0
03-08-2005, 07:37 PM
...... u can get a decent bodykit for around 1000 ~ 1500 mark, then spend a bit on new rims...... and you are set.....

Just got a quote for a replica fiberglass Mugen bodykit including the rear spoiler for bout $1200, any opinions bout the price of the kit? cheap, expensive or fair price

Any idea how much it costs to get the kit painted and installed??

frd of mine recently bought Vti auto in melb for 22500$. i forgot which dealer. i guess you only quoting over the phone?

My mate actually went down to the honda dealer here, test drove and got the rather expensive quote..

Sounds like a good deal...Where is ur friend located?

Eddie_0
03-08-2005, 07:40 PM
that's a promotion man

Any details bout this promotion? And which dealer is offering it?

Cheers

ahcash
03-08-2005, 08:55 PM
Eddie, I remember there is a member here called Jimmy and he is a Honda new car salesman at Courtney & Patterson Honda. I am sure he will look after fellow OZHONDA members... :D

jenova
03-08-2005, 09:12 PM
in melbourne, yeah that extended warranty and road side thing is a once a year promotion. but come on, no dealer wants to do a negative profit business, anything with the word sales or promotion only means they are only making slightly less profit.

Eddie_0
03-08-2005, 09:28 PM
Eddie, I remember there is a member here called Jimmy and he is a Honda new car salesman at Courtney & Patterson Honda. I am sure he will look after fellow OZHONDA members... :D

:thumbsup: Thanks :thumbsup: I think his name is James if I'm not wrong..

in melbourne, yeah that extended warranty and road side thing is a once a year promotion. but come on, no dealer wants to do a negative profit business, anything with the word sales or promotion only means they are only making slightly less profit.

We all knw that dealers make a profit its just the matter of how much less profit they make so we as customers get a better deal/value for money.

Jazzle
03-08-2005, 09:32 PM
my jazz costed me 23500 vtis manual including floor mate, tinted window, seat cover... and it was in 2003.. the price must've gone down alot... 26000 for an auto is still too much

civlowwer
03-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Just got a quote for a replica fiberglass Mugen bodykit including the rear spoiler for bout $1200, any opinions bout the price of the kit? cheap, expensive or fair price

From wat i have been told isn't the 04 and 05 model bodykitz different, the grill or something like that. i dunno but make sure that the kit is 4 ur model and year. just some advice but maybe wrong as i dont own a jazz, just a civic. but price is good as kits with no wing go for around 1000-1200

good luck to ur mate with the jazz

^CarBoy^
03-08-2005, 10:41 PM
I got my 2005 VTi for $23000....

ahcash
03-08-2005, 10:50 PM
yeah.. could be james.. I cannot remember.. :D

ACE888
03-08-2005, 11:21 PM
This may sound pricey But I paid $27,200.00 for my Vti-s CVT with matts & tint.... it was either pay that amount & pick up in 2 days OR or pay $26,400.00 and wait 3-4months. (mind you, all Sydney dealers were sold out at that time and waiting for the ship to arrive). This was March 2003.

But I'm not complaining, Jazz is #1 car.

Poeter
04-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Purchased my 05 jazz vtis manual for 22500 driveaway with mats and window visor.

It's about 5months old now

Eddie_0
04-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the help guys me mate has already placed an order/deposit on a black VTi-S, $25400 driveaway.

UNLS1
05-08-2005, 12:27 PM
you have PM i will do my best to help you out

-james

UNLS1
05-08-2005, 12:31 PM
ahh crap didnt read the last post....my mistake for not checking my messages yesterday....bugger we could of sold the vtis for under 25 on the road with mats and fuel....

I HATE MISSING OUT ON SALES LOL ARRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i hope ur mate enjoys the car....
im sure he will regards james.,

ahcash
05-08-2005, 03:22 PM
James, better luck next time... :thumbsup:

MiSloVic
05-08-2005, 03:59 PM
ahh crap didnt read the last post....my mistake for not checking my messages yesterday....bugger we could of sold the vtis for under 25 on the road with mats and fuel....

I HATE MISSING OUT ON SALES LOL ARRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i hope ur mate enjoys the car....
im sure he will regards james.,

dont worry, i will look for u to buy my honda soon..

Eddie_0
05-08-2005, 08:56 PM
Thanks for ur time james, I'll make sure the next honda purchase is with u mate.

Cheers

Jazzle
06-08-2005, 12:49 AM
hey just wondering... is leather steering wheel optional for vti??

basically the leather steering is the thing i would love to have most from the vtis..
haha

btw, has anyone tried both urethane and leather steering on the jazz?? how is it different anyway? in term of feeling and grip??

Jazzle
06-08-2005, 08:50 AM
and in the official site, it says vti and vtis have same ground clearance... doens't vtis have a shorter ground clearance?

civiceg9
06-08-2005, 10:09 AM
Vti manual a/c lowest I been quoted is $18000 drive away
Vti-s manual a/c lowest I been quoted is $20500 drive away

Free Trade is good in Australia. hehe :D

swat
06-08-2005, 11:19 AM
Vti manual a/c lowest I been quoted is $18000 drive away
Vti-s manual a/c lowest I been quoted is $20500 drive away

Free Trade is good in Australia. hehe :D

damn where u got that offer from man ???

Philip Lee
06-08-2005, 11:40 AM
Jazzle, leather steering is optional on VTi and i heard they cost around $800.

with ground clearance, maybe the bodykit isn't the lowest point of the vits. in which case it would be identical for vti and vtis

civiceg9
06-08-2005, 11:47 AM
damn where u got that offer from man ???

In Melb, need to know ppl :D

before you buy look in the chinese newspapers
they are listed usually chaper then western newspaper.
Don't know why.:rolleyes:

TypeG
06-08-2005, 12:31 PM
lol
dun believe him he try to rip our Jazz's market

spoon fit
06-08-2005, 06:36 PM
Jazzle, leather steering is optional on VTi and i heard they cost around $800.

$800!!!!!!!!!
i want

Philip Lee
06-08-2005, 08:58 PM
avaliable at your friendly Honda dealer....