PDA

View Full Version : I Cant Get It In

TYPE-R617
03-08-2005, 01:50 PM
wassup y'all, im new at this forum and site and i have a little problem and the problem is...
sometimes i cant put my gear in first does anyone else have this problem, i have a ITR, if anyone has got any option or solution on my problem i would aprreciate it.

kOncept
03-08-2005, 01:57 PM
Welcome to OZHONDA :thumbsup:

i get that sometimes but i just pump the clutch twice and it's in...
think my clutch may be on it's way out tho...

anyone know what else it could be?

tanghy
03-08-2005, 02:21 PM
double clutch
or put in 2 then put in 1
yr synchros are probably starting to wear

nipnip
03-08-2005, 02:48 PM
used to happen alot when i first got the car and learning how to drive manual. but now it seems to have disappear. just do what these guys said and it should be fine

[XsCaPe]
03-08-2005, 02:55 PM
Mine's started to do it too just the other week.. i think im due for a gearbox oil change

TYPE-R617
03-08-2005, 02:57 PM
thanks for all ur replies, i had my synchro in first gear changed but it still does it and i noticed that it does it more in cold weathers.

stormridah
03-08-2005, 02:58 PM
happens to me as well sometimes and ive got a new clutch ... i got vtir btw
umm... as they said best way to fix it is double clutch or just to start off in second :D
probably bad for your car i dunno

TYPE-R617
03-08-2005, 03:04 PM
the guys at honda didnt really help me much with it because at the time my car was still under warranty. at one time it was doing it nearlly everyday or even twice a day

blksin
03-08-2005, 03:40 PM
just put in 2nd then back into 1st always works for me and i also do need to change my gear box oil

it only does this to me wen the car is cold but

TYPE-R617
03-08-2005, 03:46 PM
yeh i do put it in a diff gear if it doesnt go in first or let da car roll a lil bit den chuck it in first. its juss annoying and it juss gets worse as da days passes

nipnip
03-08-2005, 04:04 PM
umm... as they said best way to fix it is double clutch or just to start off in second :D

im not a mechanic, but sounds like you'd blur your synchros by doing that...

wynode
03-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Could be a few different things.

Maybe:
- Your clutch not disengaging properly
- Possible shift fork problem
- Worn synchromeshes

Is it only first that you have trouble with? ALso, you shouldn't be moving when putting it into first.

tanghy
03-08-2005, 07:59 PM
let da car roll a lil bit den chuck it in first. s
keep doing that and you will kil yr syncro even faster

T-onedc2
03-08-2005, 08:09 PM
Try giving the throttle a quick stab to 3000rpm max while pushing in. I'm assuming you're rolling slowly at the time though. My brother's teg is a bit the same lately but everything still working fine though.

olda
03-08-2005, 08:49 PM
yeh i do put it in a diff gear if it doesnt go in first or let da car roll a lil bit den chuck it in first. its juss annoying and it juss gets worse as da days passes

This is what I do...................
If she does'n go in first time, I de-clutch, press the clutch again and the second time she's always in.
If this does'n work, then most likely the clutch is worn out.
And yeah.......... if you keep fighting with your gear box and stuff up the synchro's, you'll be up for some very big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to have it fixed. :honda: + problems = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

tommi
04-08-2005, 12:36 AM
maybe check ur tranny fluid, or get it changed, if it only does it when it's cold it could just be that the level is a little low and takes a while to get around the box, or take it to a mechanic

TYPE-R617
04-08-2005, 09:12 AM
Could be a few different things.

Maybe:
- Your clutch not disengaging properly
- Possible shift fork problem
- Worn synchromeshes

Is it only first that you have trouble with? ALso, you shouldn't be moving when putting it into first.

yeh dis problem is only in first but lately but not as much reverse is hard to get in too. i'm not moving wen i put in first, i juss let da car roll a lil and den stop den put it in first.

mpd076-chuck
04-08-2005, 09:58 AM
I have the same problem after I had a ORC clutch installed. The car needs to be rolling slightly so it will go into first. If dead stopped it often won't, especially when cold.

Reverse can be similar too, but not as bad.

If you turn the car off does it go into gear easily? mine does.

Wynode - `Is it only first that you have trouble with? ALso, you shouldn't be moving when putting it into first' I'm no hero, but on my first ITR I did 90,000km's and regularly double clutched into first while moving, up to about 40km/h. I do so less on my current car as the ORC bites REAL hard on downshifts.

SiReal
04-08-2005, 10:03 AM
There is a way this can all be fixed. ITs very simple Go and buy AUTOMATIC! :D
I too have had some problems with my EK1. Usually, I let the car roll abit just a bit, stop,then engage the gears. No probs there. Even when its cold, its fine. I don't care too much. At the end of the day, as long as it goes its all good

T-onedc2
04-08-2005, 10:06 AM
Going back a while I heard this kind of thing was common with DC2R's when cold in particular but nothing to worry about, just a quirk of the type of gearbox.

TYPE-R617
04-08-2005, 10:08 AM
If you turn the car off does it go into gear easily? mine does.

i've never tried turning it off cos sometimes i'm at the lights and normally i put it in first wen da lights turn green so really i dont hav time to turn da engine off.

FANATK
04-08-2005, 01:29 PM
sometime u can depress the clutch and put it into second then push up 2 first, sometimes when u play with the other gears then go into first it works..

had a similar problem in my del sol a while back, clutch had 2 be replaced...
it eventually didnt go into gear at all so i had 2 start the car in gear - but watch out ull bounce and start moving as soon as it starts - get the throttle going as well if doing this