PDA

View Full Version : ecu repair/mods 4 dc2 type r

LPG
03-08-2005, 09:18 PM
hi all
does anyone know of any person or company that does ecu mods or repairs in sydney or surronding areas?

i have a type R dc2 i bought at insurance salvage auction
it came with only one red key and no black key :(

problem is the red one is a teaching key for the immobilser and wont start the car.
honda aust says i can fix this buy buying a immobilser ecu that come with a blank red and black key which cost around $600 (expensive option)
i dont relly need the immobilser considering type r hardly get stolen they only get broken into for the overrated seats with cost a mint. yet honda just uses standard bolts to bolt them in :thumbdwn: :confused:

to fix this problem im gonna have to buy a jdm type r ecu (another expensive option)or get the immobilser removed from the aust ecu.

ive tried to contact the previous owner to obtain extra keys but she has moved house :(
ive tried contacting the auction and just cars insurance but they dont really give a toss (so much for customer service) :thumbdwn:

so is there anyone out there who can help me?

email lexus2jzgte@yahoo.com.au

thanks in advance!

rob

Jomsy
04-08-2005, 01:28 PM
honda should be able to supply you with a new key based on the VIN number, try a few different dealers if you get the run around

ProECU
04-08-2005, 01:33 PM
Open the ECU and look for the Immobiliser board.

If its an IMMO-A0, then I can fix it for you

LPG
04-08-2005, 06:03 PM
hi proecu
yes its printed as IMMO-A0

u located in adelaide?

jomsy
yes i can buy a new key for around $70 but it wont fix the problem because i dont have the original black immobilser key.

ECU-MAN
04-08-2005, 09:41 PM
honda should be able to supply you with a new key based on the VIN number, try a few different dealers if you get the run around

wont work coz he has lost both black keys
he is scewed,

needs a new immo unit/red key/and black bey