PDA

View Full Version : A/C Help

jdmcivic
03-08-2005, 10:02 PM
My A/C doesnt run cold. Do i just need to get it refilled with refridgrant? or is there more problems? Wat types of problems could i run into with the A/C?
And also how mouch does it cost to get the A/C done?

ECU-MAN
03-08-2005, 10:14 PM
the above question is like asking how long is a peice of string whenit comes to aircons

the gas is low or gone for a reson, either split hose, broken seal or just leaked out over time,
might have all its gas and the TX valve is rooted.

all depends what they find with it

civiceg9
04-08-2005, 02:55 PM
can you hear the A/C going on and off?
if you can't here it then you have no gas.

if the a/c compressor is making funny noise
then the compressor is about to die or problem(may need some peg oil).

or if could be a leak someone.
hope this helps

Goto a proper place to get your re-gas.

Encor3
04-08-2005, 05:09 PM
the above question is like asking how long is a peice of string whenit comes to aircons

i dont see that if he asked how cold can my aircon get then fair enough..
..(not trying to flame)
my friends old civic's aircon didn't work, he took it to an aircon place and they just regassed his aircon unit. sorry i dont know the details.

zco
04-08-2005, 05:13 PM
..(not trying to flame)
my friends old civic's aircon didn't work, he took it to an aircon place and they just regassed his aircon unit. sorry i dont know the details.

this guy's air con is working. its just not cold. so i agree with ECU-MAN

Encor3
04-08-2005, 06:16 PM
this guy's air con is working. its just not cold. so i agree with ECU-MAN
ahh ok fair enough then. my bad,
but when A\c isn't working it just blows doesn't it ? just like a fan.

mini_s2000
04-08-2005, 06:22 PM
take it all out, thats why we have windows...(lol)

aimre
04-08-2005, 08:02 PM
take it all out, thats why we have windows...(lol)

i thought they were there so we could see

ECU-MAN
04-08-2005, 09:28 PM
its cool dude, Im not flaiming either, fact is could be one of 50 things causing his problems., only real way to test is to put it on the pressure gauges and see whats happening...

..(not trying to flame)

Encor3
04-08-2005, 09:32 PM
its cool dude, Im not flaiming either, fact is could be one of 50 things causing his problems., only real way to test is to put it on the pressure gauges and see whats happening...
sorry to go off topic but how often should A\C be regassed? if the answer is when its needed? ... approx many years would that be? or is this question like how long is a piece of string lol

ECU-MAN
04-08-2005, 09:35 PM
most places will tell you anually, I recond thats just a revinue making thing. every 3 to 5 years should be ok.

Ryanair
04-08-2005, 11:31 PM
'''Start the engine and let it run at fast idle with the a/c on for a few minutes then look at the small window (should be around bottom right along the a/c hose about 1cm big). continuous bubbles or foam indicate low refrigerant'' - Civic owners manual

if it's not that, your compressor might be fcuked.....and a rebuild is around $500 (I just got mine done), if not a regas and new pipes etc is around $250 but I got a little ripped by the auto-electrican i went to. Good luck

berniebern
05-08-2005, 02:15 PM
Take it to a mechanic and get them to check the wiring. If you or anyone else have been f'ing around with your engine, good chance you have cut your wire and your engine isn't feeding to your a/c to give it power to cool. This is almost certainly the case if your engine sounds like it is 'hunting'.

ILLIN
08-08-2005, 05:35 PM
My sister had a problem with her a/c in her x3 excel... they regassed it and within a few days it wasn't cooling anymore... so they regassed it with a flourescent gas... and checked for leaks with a UV light... turns out the pipes were fractured and needed replacing... costed close to $500 from a dealer...