PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice

jdmcivic
03-08-2005, 10:09 PM
Currently i'm running 32 front and 36 rear should i change them, can ppl recommend a good type pressure for stockies on an eg on the street? And also can ppl post the tyre pressure there running on their civics for street and track?

ACTI0NMAN-1
03-08-2005, 11:30 PM
Tyre pressure is unique to each tyre brand/mould. The best people to answer this question are the tyre place you purchased them from.

kvad
04-08-2005, 01:43 AM
look for a metal thing when you open the drivers side door giving you this information (well on my car anyway). if not check your manual. kpa to psi is *0.135 + 10% as recommended by honda.

mugeneration
04-08-2005, 09:32 AM
Look at the actual tyre itself, it should have its pressure threshold written on it. Exactly how high/low in this threshold you want to go depends on what sort of performance from your tyre you are after. If you want grip and ride comfort, youd go for the lower pressures. However if you want good performance in adverse weather conditions, as well as a longer life for the tyre you would go the upper end of the threshold. Higher pressures are less prone to blowouts when driving on the highway (im expecting people to argue with this point, so ill explain if anyone does).