PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm. Mods before engine swap

MoDCoN
04-08-2005, 12:41 AM
Hi there! I've been lookin all over the civic/crx section... Can't seem to find a general answer (justs lots of very specific, and useful info...)

I just wanted to know whether any one could give me a small list of mods (performance based...) that could be completed on an EG civic prior to a b18 conversion... (as in, i don't want to have to redo the same mods after the new engine is installed...) cos from the looks of it, headers, clutch/flywheel, and internal work are there specifically for an engine type. Whereas on the other hand, and exhaust, intake? can be transferred across. I'm just asking for a basic list, to build up the picture in my head. Thanks all, here's hopin i dont get flamed...

I'm figurin i'm pretty right with handling mods - they should all be transferrable??? New (lower) suspension, front and rear swaybars, struts....

:)

Have a nice day

SiR JDM
04-08-2005, 12:48 AM
Depends what initial engine your running.

Exhuast youd want a 2.5" for the b18... which on any EG civic (even b16a) would cause alot of low end power loss due to loss of compression.

Intake would not be compatable either unless your using universal connector (peice of rubber for example) for the TB.

Yea your right with handling mods, they are all irrelivent to the engine work.

panda[cRx]
04-08-2005, 01:06 AM
Depends what initial engine your running.

Exhuast youd want a 2.5" for the b18... which on any EG civic (even b16a) would cause alot of low end power loss due to loss of compression.

2.25 is fine, i dont think 2.5 is necessary unless its had a fair amount of work. it'll just make it loud annoying and droney:thumbdwn:

SiR JDM
04-08-2005, 01:25 AM
sorry that was a typo, i ment 2.25"

ekslut
04-08-2005, 08:28 AM
yeah, just do a cat back exhaust, and thats about all the performance mods you can do. Just work the suspension and upgrade your brakes so your car is ready to handle the extra power from the B18c

Z
04-08-2005, 10:40 AM
When you do your swap, you might want to consider a respray and wire tuck :thumbsup:. Also take pictures of you standing in the engine bay.

Chi
04-08-2005, 10:46 AM
Anti Sway bars
Castor kit
Camber kit
C pillar bar
Floor Bar
B pillar bar
Roll cage
5 lug conversion
Brake stopper
Engine damper
HID conversion
Front and rear strut bar
coil overs
short shifter
Tie bar
Subrframe reinforcement kit
Recaros
Fog lights
DC2R steering wheel
CF wing
CF hood
CF lip
CF Boot lid
Traction bar

hmm, thats it for now.

MoDCoN
04-08-2005, 01:37 PM
sounds good! 'cept why the five lug? to get better wheels? thanks for it all! :)

ekslut
04-08-2005, 01:47 PM
sounds good! 'cept why the five lug? to get better wheels? thanks for it all! :)

coz usually when you do the 5 lug conversion, you upgrade the brakes with it to the ITR calipers and disks

MoDCoN
04-08-2005, 01:52 PM
okay thanks.

quote...
Recaros
Fog lights
DC2R steering wheel
CF wing
CF hood
CF lip
CF Boot lid

i dont nned all these... not made of money! :P

EGB16A
04-08-2005, 02:22 PM
i think J's intake will be ok on both engines... anyone clarify this?

Nuttz
04-08-2005, 05:11 PM
just save your money and wait till u get the b18c in there first.