PDA

View Full Version : wiring 6.5"s into eg doors

HOT4ME
15-02-2004, 11:36 AM
ive got an eg hatch, did a full audio install yesterday but still cant figure out how to get the front splits wired into the door! i got them fitting fine, its just the wiring...

can i drill a new hole in the door for the wires, and then run them through the rubber tube thing?

what did u all do?

REK13S
15-02-2004, 03:12 PM
run the wires where the stock ones went

Chronos
09-04-2004, 05:25 PM
ive got an eg hatch, did a full audio install yesterday but still cant figure out how to get the front splits wired into the door! i got them fitting fine, its just the wiring...

can i drill a new hole in the door for the wires, and then run them through the rubber tube thing?

what did u all do?

Do you have any pictures of these speakers? What type are they? Do they sit flush? I'm trying to figure out if my Alpine SPR-176A's will fit in the front doors of an EG hatch.

wynode
09-04-2004, 06:43 PM
run the wires where the stock ones went

Its VERY hard to feed them throught the stock rubber grommet thing. What I did was wrap up the wires with electrical tape, and feed them through the hole in the metal where the grommit is, but not actually through the grommit. You'll need small finger but it can be done (my fingers are fat!)

PM me and i'll take a pic for you if you want.

Fhrx
09-04-2004, 07:40 PM
We usually run the speaker cables through that rubber tube but you'll find in most Honda's its quite hard due to the plug on one end.

You'll find it is very difficult to do but with patience it can be done. This is one we did last month:

http://www.fastfoursforumscarclub.com/temp/wires_run_honda.jpg

SIKCVC
10-04-2004, 12:55 AM
i'm running stock wirers no probs... i dont see the point up grading unless running shit loads of power.

Fhrx
10-04-2004, 06:08 AM
Well there is not a lot of benefit if you're not running much power no... :)

A'PEXi
10-04-2004, 09:07 AM
lol im running stock wires to the front as well, theyre still okay i guess.... just cut the clip off.... but by the sounds of it, you can see the stock wire haha

SIKCVC
11-04-2004, 07:25 PM
what do you guys think is the point at which the wires should be changed? 50RMS 75RMS 100RMS???

Fhrx
13-04-2004, 08:22 AM
Just like your power cables, speaker cable gauge all depends on the power to be running down the cable.

For 50 watts RMS (3.5amperes) most standard cable is fine. But if you begin running a couple of hundred to your front splits you'll need to upgrade to something larger like 16AWG.

Most subs get something between 16AWG and 8AWG. :)

Javed
22-04-2004, 01:47 AM
Ill be running 100 rms (maybe a bit more as the amp is underrated) to my splits and have some nice 16 AWG sitting right here. I am absolutely dreading the day when I actually get the time to do my install (all the stuff has been sitting in my room for like 6 months lol) and have to run the wires through. I amguessing the good old coat hanger wire will be the trick. Also you have to drill the empty sockety bits of the plug as marty has done there. Must say, that is an excellent job there Marty, I only wish you were up in QLD! But hey, the more incentive to do it myself and save some $$$! Also for reference I am running 8AWG to my sub (Boston pro 12/5 lf) when my system is installed :D