PDA

View Full Version : water in the boot...

dimsum
05-08-2005, 01:15 AM
arrggg
i though the water was seeping in from the tail light so i removed it, made sure it was sealed. I though it worked cause i washed the car and no water was there.
This morning it rainned, i checked the boot and there's puddles of water. Now i have no idea where the water is coming from, it doesn't leave a trail so i can't pinpoint where it's coming from.

what should i do?
where should i take it?

kOncept
05-08-2005, 03:43 AM
check the seal on the top of the rear hatch... that may be where it's leaking in

when you check the seal it should be 100% connected to the hatch and not hanging down at all best of luck man.

Bludger
05-08-2005, 07:51 AM
get in the boot with a flashlight and get someone to hose your car
it sounds like plenty of water is getting in so you willl et the water easy

CMI70Y
05-08-2005, 05:56 PM
hay man its happening in my boot as well but only gets drenched after a hard night od rain!
Keep us posted how you go!;)

nipnip
05-08-2005, 05:56 PM
could just be your tail light gasket. the previous owner of my car had altezza lights and i had the same problem, because the gaskets that came with the cheap lights weren't really doing your job

after returning to stock lights with stock gaskets problem is gone. maybe your gaskets on on thier way out? so pull your light off and inspect the gasket. i believe it is something like $90 from honda for each gasket. i found mine at the wreckers

CJL
05-08-2005, 06:05 PM
hmm sounds like its the rubber seal as explained i dont think it would be the lights, cause I have driven through heavy arse rain and not had the back wet....

my 2cents

SKREMN
05-08-2005, 07:59 PM
it could also be your sunroof drain pipes have a look at those

crispy
05-08-2005, 09:29 PM
yea i was gonna say the same as skremn. Check your sunroof drain pipes, there quite common to disconnect on LS's so it may be the same on the vtir

skoota
06-08-2005, 11:10 AM
had the same problem on my car, found that it was coming in through the rear light. Behind the back light panel where the light is fixed in i noticed that this spongey material was wet... This is where it came in from.

I resealed my rear lights, and drilled a small hole in the boot then spayed with anti rust and a coat of paint. Now lets see that water come in ;)

Oh yeah cleaning out the carpet took ages :thumbdwn:

|N|
06-08-2005, 11:17 AM
on a dry day ... get a bucket of water and pour over it...then u ll know where is the leak .. could simply be just some rubber came loose...

nipnip
06-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Behind the back light panel where the light is fixed in i noticed that this spongey material was wet...

that is the tail light gasket im talking about

tegraa
06-08-2005, 07:02 PM
had the same problem on my car, found that it was coming in through the rear light. Behind the back light panel where the light is fixed in i noticed that this spongey material was wet... This is where it came in from.

same here