PDA

View Full Version : need some help! (CEL code 8 = TDC

zoopsta
05-08-2005, 11:20 AM
hi guys,

Ok, i finally got off my ass about 1-2 weeks ago and had my car checked out. When i did the ECU jump test, no codes came out (the cel just stayed on), but when honda connected their diagnostic computer device, it was putting out the code for TDC. (About 6months or more, i did the test and the code came out, thats how i know it was tdc)

Now, this is how they proceded. They retarded my ignition timing and lowered my idle speed. What does this do? All i have noticed is that my car feels terribly sluggish and i think its burning slightly more fuel. When the car is cold-ish to warm and i rev to about 4krpm, it bogs down and picks back up, which is seriously annoying!

They told me to come back within a week or two to get it checked out again. Man, should i just get my dizzy rebuilt or buy a new one or something? This problem is quite frustrating, and sorry but i dont have a multimeter to check the voltage of the tdc from the plug, but im guessing honda would do that for me.

Another thing is that the service guy asked me how i knew it was putting out a code 8 and how i knew it was TDC.
I was like, i jumped the plug myself and shit. Apprently it stuffs up your ecu, according to him, what do you reckon.

:confused:

ECU-MAN
05-08-2005, 09:44 PM
thats bull shit that it stuff up your ecu.

dont rebuild your dissy as your need to replace the TDC sensor, your best bet is to purchase a dizzy body from honda, use your igniter, coil, rotor button and cap.

this is common on dizzy's that have shat there top bearing and been repaired ( by just replacing the bearing. ) and also just old age,

nfi why they retared your timming, and lower idle,

zoopsta
06-08-2005, 02:25 PM
around how much would a dizzy body cost?

i was quoted a while ago for the dizzy for about $700, but that probably included the ignitor, coil etc right?

thx

ECU-MAN
07-08-2005, 07:27 PM
the last dizzy body I got for a Prelude was $700 minus the coil, rotor, igniter, cap