PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] Features in manual we didn't get - solutions?

VirIIx
05-08-2005, 12:05 PM
After reading a few seperate threads here and then, one being the motorised mirrors: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25450

I figured a single thread about certain features listed in the manual that we never got here in Australia, and if it's possible to go about getting those features.

The ones that I took notice of and remembered where:

1. Motorising Side Mirrors
2. Heated Side Mirrors
3. Rear Fog Lights.

There are the 3 i'd love to get in my euro, I can live without motorised side mirrors, but I've grown too used to the heated side mirrors. Excellent to clear up mist in the mornings (esp for peak driving) and good for driving in the rain - even snow if you live/drive to snowy mountains :)
Not sure how easy or what it would take to get heated features put into the mirror.

I know on my old car it was worth $1,000 per mirror to replace....

Rear fog lights i wouldn't mind having either.. good for use in VERY VERY heavy rain (happens a few times a year) and in heavy fog for country trips.
Otherwise a good tool to get those tail gaters off your back :)

Again, im not sure how these are implemented in the Euro's overseas, but if a similar concept could be adopted it would be excellent. Not a fan of having extra lights attached purely for this application.

Be nice to see what other people saw in the manual and took a fancy and how they would/could implement those ideas.

euro1978
05-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Solution to heated mirrors.

Get a hair dryer with a 12V cigarette lighter plug and hold it outside your window whilst driving.

leungie
05-08-2005, 12:40 PM
Talking of using foglights to get tailgaters of the ass, (should this be another thread or i can't even talk about it on this forum), i got tailgated by this blue honda euro last night with number plate ALx688, with single exhaust done. Does anyone know this guy? (quite rude coz i opened my window wanting a friendly chat and he starts tailgating me.....)

euro1978
05-08-2005, 12:50 PM

Otherwise a good tool to get those tail gaters off your back :)

Nothing like getting your foot and trying to drive the brake pedal through the floor to get rid of pesky tailgaters.

I do not condone it but its funny when you see them shit themselves if you are manaical as I am and you are watching their expression in your rear view mirror as you do it (I do not condone this either).

You can see them say ohhhhh shhhiiiiiiiitttttttttttttt

leungie
05-08-2005, 12:56 PM
I thought of doing that but he was too close... he would have hit me...

ant234
05-08-2005, 01:12 PM
I can sense an insurance claim coming up :)

euro1978
05-08-2005, 01:24 PM
I did say twice I do not condone it and yes, two wrongs do not make a right.

That look on their face though, priceless (sorry)

Hoffy
05-08-2005, 01:25 PM
One note of warning for the rear fog lights, I think the new NSW road laws now make it illegal to drive with rear fog lights on other than in poor conditions. I know the law has always been there for front fogs as I got done many years ago and they weren't even yellow fogs. I'm not sure how that goes with the Euro fogs. I know it is a pain driving behind cars with rear fogs on at night, particularly the Hyundai Excels.

leungie
05-08-2005, 02:03 PM
I can sense an insurance claim coming up :)

hhaa that's the thing
Before when i really wanted a bodykit, i wanted someone to hit me so i can claim insurance for it... but everytime another 'wants' to hit me, i naturally prevent it from happening....

:o

VirIIx
05-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Well the fog lights on a Euro are fog lights.. they're not just driving lights. Same rule would also apply to rear ones - cept for all the stupid people who drive with them on constantly eg. shitty excels, wankers in impreza's are the two that stick in my mind the most. In my old car i had 2 fog lights, so i'd get infront of that person and flick mine on - taste of their own medice but doubled :) - get a clue mate..

secondly, as much as one would want to hit the brakes, it's the inconvenience that's annoying. Someone hit me from behind and it's just annoying.. regardless of if it was their fault or not.

I'm wondering where you would put rear fog lights on a euro tho... i don't want to be drilling any holes. Wondering if it would live in the existing taillight.. If it was setup like that in say the European models, would it be as simple as importing one and making the necessary wiring adjustments? need to do a google..

VirIIx
05-08-2005, 03:07 PM
Found a link to a small mod they did - apparently it seems they removed the reverse light.

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-4354.html

They have some links to pics, i'd prefer 2 rear fogs personally and also to keep both my reverse lights

EuroAccord13
05-08-2005, 03:15 PM
i got tailgated by this blue honda euro last night with number plate ALx688, with single exhaust done. Does anyone know this guy?

Mmmm... I can only think of two other Euros besides me that have a single exhaust, I'm thinking especially, since you are in Sydney, it could be that guy hat posts in the TSX forums about all his mods he did...

leungie
05-08-2005, 03:17 PM
apparently this guys raced with another guy, hit the other car and ran off....
APPARENTLY, as i only saw this on another forum.

VirIIx
05-08-2005, 04:21 PM
I haven't come across another blue euro in sydney yet that was somewhat done up. You'll know my euro when you see the number plate, as it matches my nick ;)

leungie
05-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Cool I'll say hello to you next time if i see you... my plate matches my 'car'.... easy to spot too!

(BTW, Where do I post if I want to start a cruise of some sort? just to meet other euro drivers)

VirIIx
05-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Cool I'll say hello to you next time if i see you... my plate matches my 'car'.... easy to spot too!

(BTW, Where do I post if I want to start a cruise of some sort? just to meet other euro drivers)

I was just thinking the same thing, We uhm.. tried to organise one a few months ago which.. didn't go that well.. as dates kept changing and it wasn't a very firm decision either so yeah..

but be great to get something "solidly" organised. A sunday would be good :) a BBQ somewhere..

LOC888 is trying to get it up and running again:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=383649#post383649

aaronng
05-08-2005, 05:35 PM
Yeah... a meetup would be nice... I can show off my nice dent, and scraped bumper... Just yesterday I found new curb rash that was not there before! And I didn't touch the kerb anywhere! *rant rant*

EuroAccord13
05-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Guys, keep this to PM please or put up an EOI in the lounge for your meet
:)......

VirIIx
05-08-2005, 09:53 PM
ok, so im somewhat over my rear fogs.. but anyone have a solution for heated mirrors?

vincent
09-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Solution to heated mirrors.

Get a hair dryer with a 12V cigarette lighter plug and hold it outside your window whilst driving.

I can picture someone doing it :wave: