PDA

View Full Version : type r floormats

alphabeatsco
05-08-2005, 05:24 PM
hey anyone here, bought those EBAY floor mats b4?
apprently they are on left hand drivers, so it's different to us.
would dat be a problem?

if not, anyone know where to get these for our version?

i dun want to spend 250 for mats..i know u can get genuine ones for that price.

strafe
05-08-2005, 05:38 PM
I have seriously thought about tracing my factory floor mats out and getting some upholstered. The only thing i can think of with the american mats is that there wont be hole on the right hand mat to stop it from slipping up.

mugeneration
05-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Hmm dont think that this would be a problem. I dont have type r mats, but my mates are different shapes for each side. I think if you just used the 'drivers' side mat on your passenger side should be fine. But like i said, i dont have them so maybe if someone does they can give u 100% info.

Civic Type R
05-08-2005, 05:43 PM
hey anyone here, bought those EBAY floor mats b4?
apprently they are on left hand drivers, so it's different to us.
would dat be a problem?

if not, anyone know where to get these for our version?

i dun want to spend 250 for mats..i know u can get genuine ones for that price.

Umm did it occur to you that those are fake American copies.
All genuine Civic Type R floormats for the EK are RHD and have the little white tag at the base of the drivers side.

Genuine versions sell for about $280- $300 AUD for good condition ones thru OH traders.

Zdster
05-08-2005, 06:07 PM
I have read that Autobarn make custom fitted mats but have always forgotten to ask when I go down there. Might be worthwhile making a phone call to see what they say.

jackosimm
05-08-2005, 06:09 PM
If your going to auto barn for custom made, why not just hit up an auto upholster instead, be much easier on the pocket

Lyle_Style
05-08-2005, 11:13 PM
Yes i have them off ebay in red, they look really good and are surprisengly great quality. They cost me $100 Aud Landed and they came with 5 pieces, 2 for front and 3 for back. They fit almost perfect however the drivers and passengers are switched but it is barely noticeable. there is just an indent on the drivers matt for the boot latch on the oposite side of the matt. But you can barely notice it. They are a great buy and worth the $100 i think.

alphabeatsco
06-08-2005, 01:33 AM
hmm..do u guys think it'll look ok even though it's switched?

aimre
06-08-2005, 01:38 AM
Yes i have them off ebay in red, they look really good