PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] Comptech brand mods.

The-Genesis
07-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Im living in newcastle region. Ive decided to get comptech headers, comptech cat back exhuast and comptech CAI. ive done some research. Overall from what i can figure is they increase airflow in the car and no side effects beside some noise when revving. With all these mods hopefully upto 10hp gain?

I cant seem to locate these three, yes i checked autobarn once.... :p. They looked at me very weirdly and replied they have commodore intake only etc.

Are these mods good for performance (i have an auto, want some more urge and feel)

Is this waste of money or?

i know ive asked these questions millions of times but bare with me. :honda:

Where can i get this stuff locally? :!: and how much would this all cost me.

yfin
07-08-2005, 05:50 PM
With all these mods hopefully up to 10hp gain?

Probably yes

I cant seem to locate these three, yes i checked autobarn once.... :p. They looked at me very weirdly and replied they have commodore intake only etc.

PM some of the Ozhonda traders - I can't remember who but a while ago one of them quoted the Comptech Icebox for me. I ended up ordering it over Ebay from Acura of Escondido as it was cheaper.

Are these mods good for performance (i have an auto, want some more urge and feel) Is this waste of money or?

If I was you just get the Icebox for now or some other CAI. It costs around $270 delivered. Not that headers and exhaust are not a good idea - they are just expensive (perhaps expensive is the wrong word as it is relative - they over $1000 for both). I don't think you will be happy with bang for buck with the exhaust and header on the auto. It all depends on how serious you are about performance.

Bang for buck wise (and keeping in mind you have the auto) - I would pick CAI and Hondata reflash. That is it. That said - Hondata is not out for another month or two and pricing is not clear.

The-Genesis
07-08-2005, 07:09 PM
I will definetly get comptech CAI. I heard its not that noisy compared to KN Cai. Any chance for an online dyno graph, i saw one for KN intake wasnt too happy with that one. loss of hp bottom of the rev range but 4hp at 5300 rpm.
Ill post at the traders forum i guess about the CAI, i also want some oen to fit it in or ill just take it to a mechanic.

How do you feel about the comptech headers yfin?

Hondata i am looking forward to, but the thing is, are the dealers going to supply and fit it in?

Any other recomendations on performance mods while i am serious about it.

Thank you for your help yfin.

yfin
07-08-2005, 07:34 PM
I will definetly get comptech CAI. I heard its not that noisy compared to KN Cai. Any chance for an online dyno graph, i saw one for KN intake wasnt too happy with that one. loss of hp bottom of the rev range but 4hp at 5300 rpm. Ill post at the traders forum i guess about the CAI, i also want some oen to fit it in or ill just take it to a mechanic. How do you feel about the comptech headers yfin? Hondata i am looking forward to, but the thing is, are the dealers going to supply and fit it in?

The Comptech gets the lowest top end gain but maintains most of the bottom end. I think you will be happy with it. I don't have the comptech headers - so can't comment on them. Unlikely any dealer will fit Hondata for you -- what is the point though of getting a dealer to fit it? There is really nothing to fit? It is the removal of the ECU - software reflash - then putting the ECU back in.

The-Genesis
07-08-2005, 09:53 PM
When hondata comes out, whos going to supply it as in sell it. online? Ive seen some results on the internet, but how can a simple chip do so much.

blkeuro
08-08-2005, 09:56 AM
Do a search on the threads on Hondata... theres a local chap, James, who's the ozzie Hondata representative.

blkeuro
08-08-2005, 09:58 AM
Check this thread out:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24190

The-Genesis
08-08-2005, 12:39 PM
thank you blkeuro, really appreciated.

If anyone else got another suggestion on a mod pls post besides turbo charging or super charging sugestions are welcome.

Peekay34
08-08-2005, 06:38 PM
I have been told that the best headers to get are made by Toda racing they produce more power than the comptech.

The-Genesis
08-08-2005, 08:33 PM
I want to get somehting that is good for the car and gain some hp peekay. I have been looking at US sites, AUS accord euro sites are non existant. Would do you recken about comptech exhuast? Also i heard DC headers arent that good, the only other i saw was comptech on US TSX sites.

Also the comptech exhuast i have seen look very nice and polished and read soem positive feedback on US sites.

Chris_F
09-08-2005, 02:17 PM
Anyone interested in headers for the euro should PM TeMp, he's got some info about TODA brand (price etc)