PDA

View Full Version : CTR pistion fitting

Jomsy
07-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Is is possible/advisable to fit CTR pistons to an ITR with out doing any machining or new parts,ie can i just pull of the head and sump, take out the conrods, swap pistons and re-assemble the motor, without changing rod bearings, or honing/machining the bore

e240
07-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Is is possible/advisable to fit CTR pistons to an ITR with out doing any machining or new parts,ie can i just pull of the head and sump, take out the conrods, swap pistons and re-assemble the motor, without changing rod bearings, or honing/machining the bore

Why would you want to do that? ITR = 1.8L CTR 1.6L
If you're buying the CTR pistons you might as well buy aftermarket Hi Comp Integra pistons.

TODA AU
07-08-2005, 08:19 PM

It is possible...
It is not advisable... (More it is houso & daft. Ie: asking for trouble)

Weq
07-08-2005, 10:51 PM
u defaintly should hone the cylinders and check clearances.

fried
10-08-2005, 05:16 PM
is this the same as putting CTR pct pistons in a b18c1 vtir? or specifically in ITR

Bowzer
10-08-2005, 06:19 PM
the Bore's are 81mm and afaik they also come in the oversize versions... the CTR piston upgrade is a popular choice amongst Honda Challenge events in the USA, due to the fact they must use OEM parts (regulations) and keep all internal parts OEM this allows them to still extract more HP.. Reason being increase the compression ratio...

If you decide to do this to your engine, dont skimp out checking the clearances of the main bearings and rod bearings... once you upset the nature of them reliablity pretty much goes out the window and torquing them up to specs with a torque wrench wont be the same as what honda did at the factory when they torqued it using a digital stretch meter precision to like .0000xx. Also the wear and tear of the bearings are going to be totally different...

Do it right the first time get new bearings, take it to a machine shop get them to hone the walls and if necessary if your going .25 oversize get a bore as well

shmivic
10-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Do it right the first time get new bearings, take it to a machine shop get them to hone the walls and if necessary if your going .25 oversize get a bore as well

well said bowzer
i used oversized ctr's in ma b16 and attention to detail is the key do ur research

kayot1k
10-08-2005, 08:11 PM
dont mean to hi-jack thread.
but how difficult is it to install in a b16a block.

same difficulty involved?

Perry
10-08-2005, 08:58 PM
by memory u have to do sumthing to the sleeves i think boring it or sumthing like but its possible tpo fit them in b18c give more higher compression

EG5
10-08-2005, 08:59 PM
dont mean to hi-jack thread.
but how difficult is it to install in a b16a block.

same difficulty involved?

this involve some machining to the b16a rods.

shmivic
11-08-2005, 07:03 PM
yep the best thing to do is download entire engine tech specs and go from there you really dont wana put a valve into one of them especially if its an afterrmarket valve too

pgclee
13-08-2005, 08:20 PM
CTR piston = 400 aud
after market piston = 1400aud...
that is why..haha..

CTR has higher dome compare to ITR piston if i'm not mistaken..