PDA

View Full Version : Front bumper respray???

tracer
07-08-2005, 08:26 PM
The other day I was reversing my car out of a driveway, and for some reason was not paying attention to the raise on he side of the car :( .

Anyway I somehow scraped the paint off the front right corner of my 94' Vtir, the scrape is what looks to be a section on the front bumper that could possibly be detatched from the rest of the front bumper it is just below the front indicator.

Is it possible to remove the lower section of the front bumper and only spray that, or will I have to get the entire front bumper resprayed???

Also when getting resprayed would it be a good idea to spray the small black guards that are at the bottom of the front bumper?
Or if someone could tell me where I could get this front lip from???

http://www.gigashare.com/files/hotlink/1417709972.jpg

tegraa
07-08-2005, 08:54 PM
Yes that section is a separate piece and can be removed. You would not need to re-spray the whole front bar, just that scratched section.
On another note, where did you get your front bar from?

That lip isn’t a type r lip and the teg in your photo is a gen one DC2 so is that bar a vtir bar?

faijai
07-08-2005, 08:57 PM
yes u can remove the black bit form the bumper and just respray that

and like tegraa said the pic u showed is just a lip. the bumper is exactly same as urs. lookes like a older modem type r lip with holes on each end.

Ironfist
07-08-2005, 09:10 PM
Yeah i like that lip as well. Its a c-west lip and it costs alot of money to get them here in aus :(

mcdare
07-08-2005, 11:47 PM
man the lip looks awesome, how did u get it in? i'm lookin' for a lip too for my '98 dc2 vitr. and how did u get the headlight covers blue? it looks suh-weet.

lerroy
08-08-2005, 08:17 AM
Is that a pic of your TEG ?
if so yes you can remove it
if not and you dont have a lip, then no you cannot remove the black corners

mcdare
08-08-2005, 09:48 AM
hha lerroy what are u hinting at? :)
I know this is kinda out of topic.. but what are the types of front lips a '98 dc2 can have?

tegraa
08-08-2005, 12:21 PM
man the lip looks awesome, how did u get it in? i'm lookin' for a lip too for my '98 dc2 vitr. and how did u get the headlight covers blue? it looks suh-weet.

If you have seen an dc2 up close, the "black corner parts are one piece with the front lip (not bar). That lip is a straight bolt on like all other lips that fit on a dc2 bar.

The "headlight covers" you refer too are just blue bulbs too. It think

mcdare
08-08-2005, 12:38 PM
erm, i meant.. how did u bring the lip in - where did u purchase it from? thats really blue.. the covers seem to be blue in general not just the bulbs.

tracer
08-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Dang... I didnt say it was my lip. I asked WHERE CAN I GET IT!!!

Sorry for the misunderstanding

mcdare
08-08-2005, 12:49 PM
haha sorry, but it looks hot aye. lol

lerroy
08-08-2005, 01:21 PM
lips thats what all of us want

you can go to honda get a OEM typre R Lip prob about the $300 mark
you can go to www.carmate.com.au see what they have
or you can go all out import one from the US Comptech lips are all the rage on honda-tech or from spoon or mugen etc..

but yeah with that lip you could take it off and spray it
but on standard VTIR/GSI 94 teg there is no lip just one peice front two tone colours