PDA

View Full Version : spoon mirrors

lerroy
08-08-2005, 08:34 AM
Hey

Was just looking at some spoon carbon fibre mirrors

from looking at the pics they look to not use the Integra power mirror system is that right ?? im guessing weight etc..

if so does anyone know a brand of carbon looking ones that do ??

thanks guys

http://www.unit-8.co.uk/acatalog/Spoon_Carbon_Mirrors-combi.jpg

nipnip
08-08-2005, 10:02 AM
ebay has some for sale. majority disables power windows, but there are power window ones availible occasionally. go for US$150 roughly

ekslut
08-08-2005, 10:05 AM
yeah, the spoon ones do not have the power adjustment in them. The only ones that I know about are the cheaper fake carbon ones you can get off ebay that you can get power adjustability.

But do you need to adjust them often?

HRV-80Y
08-08-2005, 10:18 AM
hmmmm cf mirror electrical ones...nice....

let me know how u go wit d mirrors !

oh btw lerroy nice 2 meet ya like couple weeks ago i fink on d fortnightly cruise 2 harry's !

euro1978
08-08-2005, 10:48 AM
But do you need to adjust them often?

I adjust my passenger mirror all the time to avoid gutter rash whilst parking so I think its worthwhile having.

bubblecivic
08-08-2005, 11:25 AM
HondaR stocks them if your after them.

I'm not sure where else to look as I have no luck myself. Ebay comes up with nothing for the integras/rsx.

ekslut
08-08-2005, 11:42 AM
HondaR's ones are non-electric too. Vision are the people who make the spoon ones.

lerroy
08-08-2005, 01:24 PM
yeah i saw hondar ones non electric
i guess i rarley use the electric window but handy, might even go some folding ones ahah

and JDM-6oy yeah it was nice to meet you to ill see you there again :)

PS- i really dont wanna buy some fake ones from Ebay, sorry ahahha

j0nbubz
09-08-2005, 12:28 AM
how in fact do you take off mirrors?

ekslut
09-08-2005, 08:46 AM
There is a triangle plastic panel inside where the mirrors are. Just remove that (held on by clips, just pry it off with a screwdriver) then the 3 screws that hold the mirror on will be exposed, and just remove them.

From memory this is how it is done.

bubblecivic
09-08-2005, 08:51 AM
Yeah sounds about right.

Anyone source any aftermarkets yet? Hehe

bennjamin
09-08-2005, 08:55 AM
check this site out - i got some spoon knock-offs for a very cheap price - but usually woudl be about $140 delivered to your door :)

www.jdmshit.com

Also ,
[QUOTE]There is a triangle plastic panel inside where the mirrors are. Just remove that (held on by clips, just pry it off with a screwdriver) then the 3 screws that hold the mirror on will be exposed, and just remove them.[QUOTE]

That is pretty much it. You simply place the mirror motor loom inside the gap and retighten all up. Great :)

lerroy
09-08-2005, 09:10 AM
thanks Ben
they look just like spoon ones :)
Again not motorised but hey.
also how do you adjust them then ??? aftermarket ones there isnt even a manual handle inside right ??

bennjamin
09-08-2005, 09:44 AM
thanks Ben
they look just like spoon ones :)
Again not motorised but hey.
also how do you adjust them then ??? aftermarket ones there isnt even a manual handle inside right ??

just push it. It has limited movement , but simply use a clean towel or glove and push it to your wanted viewpoint.

lerroy
09-08-2005, 11:35 AM
ah i see thats the JDM way i guess then hahaha :P

thanks

InSaNe
09-08-2005, 07:18 PM
iv got them on my car...... and they are electric.... not sure if they are spoon or not but the sure look like them....

edw-R
09-08-2005, 09:11 PM
Our driver side is right and USA driver side is left. Don't buy mirror from USA.

lerroy
09-08-2005, 09:28 PM
yeah i was looking at some folding mirrors on passwordjdm
then i thought of that...

thanks EdwR

dynosaur
03-05-2007, 11:01 AM
so , where would we get the spoon-style mirror in Australia ?

does anybody know ?

thanks in advance...

ricki_kalsi
05-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Get the Vision mirrors, if you are thinking of getting "Spoon" mirrors. They are like half the price and exactly the same thing, considering Vision make all carbon products for spoon sports.

I have these, and you do not have to adjust regularly... i thought have non power mirrors would suck, but it's not bad at all! The mirror that comes with the mirror frame is great. Has a blue tinge, which doesnt reflect glare into your eyes. I have had experience with carmate mirrors, which are similar to the el'cheapo bay ones. My friend had to take his back 3 times, and ended up returning them because tehy just wouldn't fit. IMO do it right first time, and go JDM!

didz
05-05-2007, 10:21 PM
i can see it now, a van parks next to you and *pop* "Oh was that your CF mirror? damn..."

shadou
06-05-2007, 12:26 AM
lol I was going to buy a cf one but then I thought side mirrors weigh next to shit so rather save the odd $200 and save it for something that actually does something like a strut bar or something along those lines