Guys i just got a nice HID 9006 kit for my low beam headlights
when the high beams are one it obviously goes back to yellow

has anyone replaced the 9005 bulbs ?
i might just get some cheap HIL lights
already replaced parkers to white ones

any expeariances would be helpful

jamchen
08-08-2005, 11:45 AM
you should still see a bit of HID light even with the high beam on.... correct me if i am wrong...
i'd say stay with the OEM high beam coz you are not going to use it really oftem unless its dark and driving interstate.

also yellow lights give you more see through when fogging.. HID lights are sort of weak in rain for foggy...

just my little thoughts...

lerroy
08-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Actually you make a good point
only reason i have noticed it was i was in orange and its dark in the country and i put high beems on was alot better....
but i never use them in sydney

thanks for the advice :P

T-onedc2
08-08-2005, 05:45 PM
I've changed my Hi beams to "Opti-blue Xenon" globes, be no means an expensive globe, virtually blinded myself standing over 10m away in daylight after installing, and give a noticably brighter than stock light and a rainbow of colours, little bit red directly below front of car, orange ish around sides and greenish to very white ahead. Anyone who's in my car when using them comments on brightness, I'm happy with them.:)

|N|
08-08-2005, 05:47 PM
i have both hi and low beam HID... but thats only coz i use H4 and i dun wanna loose my hi beam ... but i dun really use the hi beam ....

JRC
08-08-2005, 09:51 PM
but in some situations high beams are bad in HID cos the gas needs to charge up so it is less useful in short bursts.....but i guess if ure gonna have them on constantly it might be better