PDA

View Full Version : over heating probs?

destrukshn
08-08-2005, 06:31 PM
hey i'm hoping you guys can help me out here.

i got a eg civic sedan, with a d16y4 motor.
my car is over heating as topic states.
but, doesn't go as far as 3/4's
it sometimes just stays normal, and at times it would start going up, i've noticed that it goes up slightly during idling.
and cools down to normal driving conditions while i drive.
and when it starts to go up a little, when i press on to engage the ciggarette lighter, the gauge would jump up, and then when the lighter goes off, it would go down.
i've put on the a/c and doesn't affect the temp gauge.
plus when it was heating up at half way, i would turn off the motor, then put it on the reds, and it would show normal operating temp.

i've checked for leaks, none, no loss of coolant, no leaks whatsover.
water pump was changed a year ago, same as the thermostat, and radiator less than a year.

i was thinking it was the temp sensor being faulty but i did the diy ecu test, and nothign comes up as temp or anything to do with the cooling system.

can any help me out on this one?

T-onedc2
08-08-2005, 07:46 PM
".......put it on the reds......"

What does this mean?

If all those parts have been replaced then I would think possibly the thermofan is not switching on, faulty switch or the fan itself maybe.
:confused:

destrukshn
08-08-2005, 07:50 PM
reds is turning everything on, like.. turning on the fuel pump stage.
so you, so you turn the key once, it's acc for your cd player etc, and then, turn it again, and then, it's your reds, whewre all the nice red lights come on.

thermo fan is switching on.

T-onedc2
08-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Oh ok, yeah I call it "on". Sorry don't think I can help any further then.:( :thumbsup:

ECU-MAN
08-08-2005, 10:39 PM
could be a earth/ground issue

try cleaning your earth points

destrukshn
09-08-2005, 08:34 AM
any particular earthing points?

could it be the thermostat that's scewed, like slighty stuck open?
that's the last conclusint that i've got.