PDA

View Full Version : Tanabe Sustec Pro SS - Review

redliner
08-08-2005, 07:04 PM
DISCLAIMER: This review is based on my personal experience and is solely of my own opinion.

My first impression was whoooooaaa, the ride was extremely comfortable (Just as good as or even better than stock). Ok that was on kind of smooth surfaces. So I drove around a bit looking for some rough roads. Now what other roads are as bumpy as the Hume Highway, suprisingly it kept the wheels on the road over bumps and the ride comfort still pretty good to me (this is where the helper spring comes in play).

Ride Comfort

After playing with the damper setting I finally found the stiffness I like, which were 3 at the front and 2 at the back. With these settings I found it to be one of the most comfortable rides closest to stock. Not only that the helper spring actually works well to maintain the ride comfort while dropping your car extremely low.

Handling

Handing has improved dramatically, you can actually feel that the car has less body roll on sharp turns and maintains a good grip as it keeps the wheels on the road without bouncing around too much. As you can work with height adjustment, it allows you the freedom to choose the height that suits you while it maintains the ride comfort all the way through.

Final Remark

Compare to other suspensions I rode with, I have to say this is one of the best. Comparing to Tien HA, I have to say I would choose Tanabe Sustec Pro SS any day. For streetable use and i'm sure it will be great on the track as well. Overall mark I would say 9/10.

DNYALL
08-08-2005, 08:08 PM
Around how much would i be looking at to purchase a set of these and where could i get some from. Still deciding what suspension to buy, so many choices :confused: . But yeah thanks for your help

redliner
08-08-2005, 09:31 PM
Contact Assassine, he is one of the ozhonda trader. Great bloke, he'll hook you up with tanabe suspensions to suit your needs.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60

Da1nONLY
11-08-2005, 10:48 PM
hahaha.. your a funny **** Kheng....
read what you've typed dude!!
if your going to write a review on a particular product please fix up your grammar and sentence structure...:D

[stealth]
11-08-2005, 11:59 PM
spring rates F/R?

and how low can u go.. 0-4" drop?

bennjamin
12-08-2005, 12:03 AM
hahaha.. your a funny PERSON Kheng....
read what you've typed dude!!
if your going to write a review on a particular product please fix up your grammar and sentence structure...:D

ditto if you are going to reply ;)

keep replies on topic guys !

Da1nONLY
12-08-2005, 03:27 PM
ooops!! sorry dude! =P
just teasing him...

ditto if you are going to reply ;)

keep replies on topic guys !

Vivski
17-08-2005, 06:15 PM
Hey, thanks for the review!
What height are you running now?

I've wanted to drop my Civic a bit purely for handling (like a bit of ride height for speed humps, gutters, etc).