PDA

View Full Version : Alarm problem

Perry
10-08-2005, 02:47 PM
Hi guys,

Any1 here has a the bomerang alarm system in there car,
Lately when i diactivate the alarm the door lock doesnt want to unlock and sumtimes it work, its not my remote, i know my car battery is due to be replace.
Could that b it, can any1 confirm?

Replies ASAP please :D

waymad
10-08-2005, 07:23 PM
i know
your central locking needs adjusting do it your self if you do not know go to some place and it will only take 10 mins or so

Perry
10-08-2005, 08:08 PM
wat u mean by adjusting i had this alarm for a while as well

nexace
11-08-2005, 02:46 PM
Sometimes the central locking wire isn't moving properly. Just remove the door skin and have a play around with the lock box.

Perry
11-08-2005, 04:28 PM
dont think is the central locking

anna1984
11-08-2005, 04:57 PM
hey ive got the same alarm but never had that problem.
your better off contacting the person who installed it or places that stock boomerangs

nexace
12-08-2005, 09:36 AM
Hmmm...

I had a similiar problem with my alarm but it's not a boomerang. I fix mine by oiling and jiggling the lock cable.

Kazaf
12-08-2005, 12:31 PM
I have the exact same problem, just after having my sound system installed 2 days ago.
The door locks when I use the remote, but when I want to unlock/deactivate my alarm it does not work.
Only the alarm deactivates but the door does not unlock, so I have to use my key to unlock the doors. Never had this problem before, it was either the installation of my sound system that affected the central locking, or it is just faulty.
I'm sure it's the central locking, unsure of the brand, will check it out later.

Nuttz
12-08-2005, 04:57 PM
usually when u have an aftermarket alarm system the use a small joiner for the solenoids to move your locks up and down. Sometimes they will come loose and will do what u are saying. Just open up your doors find the joiner and tighten the screws on it. shouldnt be too hard.

Kazaf
12-08-2005, 05:42 PM
I opened up the screws, went to technician, they said to open up doors, simply tighten up screws.
I did as they said, same problem.
Went back they couldnt help me.
It's the central locking mechanism.

DNYALL
13-08-2005, 07:42 PM
i'm having the same problem. Just after i installed my stereo. Now my central locking and alarm both don't work on the passenger door. Only drivers. Took the skins off to look and nothing looked out of place. I am baffled :confused:

Kazaf
14-08-2005, 01:19 AM
i'm having the same problem. Just after i installed my stereo. Now my central locking and alarm both don't work on the passenger door. Only drivers. Took the skins off to look and nothing looked out of place. I am baffled :confused:

Mate if you ever fix this problem please let me know, I'm getting abit worried about theft of my sound system. :(