PDA

View Full Version : Civic engine swap

Jonathon
10-08-2005, 06:04 PM
:wave: Hi all
I own a ED Civic 1990 GL with a D15B4 engine
I would like to know what other engine's will fit in my car
because I need a new engine I have a hole in the bottom end where one of the con rod's hit it and i also got oil getting in to the spark plug so i think the ring's have gone
also what do u all think of Japanese import's I live in Rockingham WA i can get one from grotty's so i been told swaping my engine I was thinking of getting a B16A

cheers :)

Jonathon
10-08-2005, 06:34 PM
also my engine is twin carb so when i get a electronically Fuel injected engine what eles do i have to get done

www.dohc-vtec.com.au says
As the b16a is an electronically fuel injected engine, if you are going to do a conversion in an originally carbureted car, such as an EG breeze or GL, you will need to purchase fuel tank, fuel pump and fuel rails from a compatible EFI model Honda (such as another EG, EK, DC2)

heist
10-08-2005, 06:39 PM
search is your friend!

waymad
10-08-2005, 07:17 PM
hey i have done this swap from dual carby to fuel injected and there little bit of stuffing around but worth it i put a d15b jdm spec engine hard to get bolts straight in no problems the reason i wen6t for this engine is i did not want to spend much money but i wanted bit more but if you are after hp go with b16a

Jonathon
13-08-2005, 11:48 AM
iam going to get a b16a dose anyone know where u get them from and how much it costs

Steer^Gimic
13-08-2005, 06:00 PM
this forum is full of information. sift through the bullshit that most people clutter this forum with, and you will find what your looking for.

click here ----> http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/search.php?