PDA

View Full Version : type r turbo???

Mugen_B16B
10-08-2005, 06:15 PM
is it worth turboing a dc2r to about 125wkw??? what r the advantages and disadvantages????

locote
10-08-2005, 06:19 PM
only 125???
what a waste of money im sure you can get 125wkw with n/a mods

GSI-PSI
10-08-2005, 06:19 PM
advantages are power and disadvantages is that it will add stress to ya engine and youll prob lose ya licence lol

GSI-PSI
10-08-2005, 06:20 PM
and you'd be looking at about the 140kw mark with a minimal kit on a type r

locote
10-08-2005, 06:27 PM
go nitrous mate, cheaper!!!!

joonix
10-08-2005, 06:53 PM

Not a suitable option for a daily driver.

A burst of gas is not a good way to over take a semi-trailer on the the hume highway...

For ease of driving, yes turbo charging is a very viable option. It's also a cheaper method to make higher power.

But of course, you own a Type R, and should be used to handling an unpractical car :)

Personally, I'd work the NA setup for response.

2MPRSS
10-08-2005, 07:16 PM
i wouldnt turbo a type R engine,what for your going to change the internals anyway,

DaPlaya
10-08-2005, 07:17 PM
Turbo u pussy! lol jk I seen a turbo type R once, not that this would me much use to u, but yea, it was the most awesome thing ive ever heard.

locote: get over your nitrous obsession lol

paulosportz
10-08-2005, 08:13 PM
there is a white turbo dc2r around east of melbourne
looks/sounds mighty fine
dont know how hard it goes though

anyone ehre own it?

locote
10-08-2005, 08:27 PM
nitrous nitrous nitrous ahhhhhh!!!

euro1978
10-08-2005, 09:47 PM
A shop in Sydney the name escapes me right now did a red DC2R turbo to over 300kws.

I will remember the name of the store and get back to you on it. It was featured in a magazine a while back.

I personally reckon front wheel drive turbo is not ideal but each to their own.

BLKCRX
10-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Iv done a handful of type R turbo DC2 around Australia, on a stock engine with a nice turbo setup you should be aiming for around 200kw at wheels, easy. With a built engine and high boost the power is endless !

As for FWD and turbo ;) I say bring it on turbo rocks !! if you think NA is good wait till you drive boost ;)

Regards James

euro1978
10-08-2005, 10:03 PM
I have previously owned a 4wd turbo (Sti) and rwd turbo (s15) so I cant speak from experience on a FWD turbo only from talking to owners of FWD turbo cars

I suppose a nice smallish turbo would be good but anything too extreme and the thing will be all over the road (well the way I would drive it would be anyway)

Felix
10-08-2005, 10:10 PM

Yeah except for the engine internal work and replacements that are required.

Q_ball
10-08-2005, 10:28 PM
typeR + turbo = farkn hectic ;)

tekling
11-08-2005, 12:08 AM
looks/sounds mighty fine

anyone ehre own it?

yeh i know what ur talking about
i see it around springvale most of the time if its the same one we are talking about
is it wingless and with a kit on??

Mugen_B16B
11-08-2005, 12:33 AM
but what kinda turbo r u talking bout james?? like..... say i onli wanna put a turbo in, with out changing my internals, just so it can go sscccHHHHHHHHHHH hehehe thats all plus scare the living day lights outa other guys :P

paulosportz
11-08-2005, 12:59 AM
yeh i know what ur talking about
i see it around springvale most of the time if its the same one we are talking about
is it wingless and with a kit on??

thats the one!! would love to know what power figures its pulling and what goodies are under the bonnet.

Weq
11-08-2005, 12:54 PM
I had have 4wd turbo (Sti) and rwd turbo (s15) so I cant speak from experience on a FWD turbo.

I suppose a nice smallish turbo would be good but anything too extreme and the thing will be all over the road (well the way I would drive it would be anyway)

ive got a 4wd turbo (b4), mate has a sti and ive driven a s15. Nothing gets me started more then my lil sohc civic. turbo honda is not ur average fwd turbo :)

pgclee
11-08-2005, 03:21 PM
people are getting richer by days...do you all agree?
hehehe...

smoknhothonda
11-08-2005, 04:37 PM
A shop in Sydney the name escapes me right now did a red DC2R turbo to over 300kws.

I will remember the name of the store and get back to you on it. It was featured in a magazine a while back.

I personally reckon front wheel drive turbo is not ideal but each to their own.

Hypertune did a red Type R turbo, and it featured in fast fours a few years back with a S15 on the cover also.

fly_vti
11-08-2005, 04:38 PM
is it worth turboing a dc2r to about 125wkw??? what r the advantages and disadvantages????

TURBOING A TYPE R IS A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.. TYPE R IS DESIGNED FOR N/A ONLY.. TURBO IT AND YOU WILL CHANGE ALL THE INTERNALS WHICH MAKE IT TYPE R.. THE BEST IS TO TURBO A VTI-R.. SAVE MORE MONEY.. dont reccomend.

GSI-PSI
11-08-2005, 05:03 PM
looks/sounds mighty fine

anyone ehre own it?

does it have airbrushing on the bonet?

paulosportz
11-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Not to sure, maybe someone else can confirm that

Fattony
11-08-2005, 05:58 PM
So many stupid responses here i dont know where to start. For one the use of N20 on a vehicle for street is for one illegal and not as cost effective as it seems, when you consider that a 10lbs bottle will give you about 60seconds of giggle gas, depends on how what HP you jet it to, and at a cost of $110 to fill a 10lbs bottle that doenst seem so cost effective esp considering to setup and properly dyno a N20 kit your lookint at about 1500 all up if you decide to use a basic dry kit and add in a adj fuel press reg for the margin of safety. Oh and dont be hitting the limiter while your on that shit as its easy to do with a honda in stock for cause then you will end up with looking at a type r conrod through your block.
Secondly for the round abouts 5-6k mark you can setup a proper turbo kit on a type r and with modest boost levels on a stock internal motor you will see power of 140-150kw@wheels not to mention the torque levels you will acheive over a n/a setup, but dont forget that to make this power with cams ect you would be revving this shit out of the motor and have the expense of changing valve springs to suit the increased lift of the cam that you choose. So you have to constanlty be in the high end of your rpm zone to make the best of the power you got, and dont forget the loss of bottom end and midrange power your gonna have. What you going to do, ask a person to only race you when you hit vtec.

TECBOY
13-08-2005, 02:19 PM
Agreed

superR
13-08-2005, 07:03 PM
fattony you got a hole in one!..... giggle gas aint the way to go unless you want to have a rebuild in a couple of months. and + its kinda cheating dont you think.

baby_c
13-08-2005, 07:16 PM
my sis has a turbo type r and believe me its worth it. so much fun and shes still running the stock computer and internals... its only a little turbo but so much fun!!! =)

poweredbyhonda
13-08-2005, 07:29 PM
The only problem you will have are the ring lands/rings if tuning isn't correctly done. Which idiot says you have to be in the high rev range to win races. You guys are all internet mechanics, bloody rice boys!

locote
13-08-2005, 08:23 PM
i just told 3 days ago by a mechanic in perth that stock honda conrods do take turboing that well. he said if your looking at making high horse power you would need stronger conrods. but theres a few guys here running turbos wonder if they were told same thing or they aware of it?

saxman
14-08-2005, 05:11 AM
i just told 3 days ago by a mechanic in perth that stock honda conrods do take turboing that well. he said if your looking at making high horse power you would need stronger conrods. but theres a few guys here running turbos wonder if they were told same thing or they aware of it?
yes... the rods are basically the weakest link. Doesn't mean you can't boost on stock rods... just need to have good tuning and not run too much boost and you're find on stock internals.

locote
14-08-2005, 11:48 AM
what do you think is the most whp you could get with out upgrading the rods,
surely 300 would need and upgrade

votek
14-08-2005, 01:06 PM
white integra is 4 door and no air brushing on the bonnet..

saxman
14-08-2005, 02:06 PM
what do you think is the most whp you could get with out upgrading the rods,
surely 300 would need and upgrade
for a b18, I'd probably say 250whp would be about where you want to start considering new rods... 300 definetely would be a place to have them

vti_ek9
17-08-2005, 02:18 PM
hey paulo..i know that type r...
it's fat joes little brothe....joe...(yellow nsx guy)...
it's white...4 door...with full kit....i think the turbo conversion was done at jetspeed...not sure...but it sat in there workshop for about 6months +
goes...alrite....(but i'll still beat it)..heheh

pgclee
17-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Vtec + a turbo...how much you're willing to go dude...too much things to consider...just stay std...best idea...

fly_vti
17-08-2005, 05:38 PM
hey paulo..i know that type r...
it's fat joes little brothe....joe...(yellow nsx guy)...
it's white...4 door...with full kit....i think the turbo conversion was done at jetspeed...not sure...but it sat in there workshop for about 6months +
goes...alrite....(but i'll still beat it)..heheh

i think your taking about qball. his car is a gsi engine turbo'd he is only running 30% of his cabability atm. as he has to wear in his internals before they can raise boost for 25 - 30psi. see if you beat him then ;) :p

incoming
17-08-2005, 06:30 PM
my sis has a turbo type r and believe me its worth it. so much fun and shes still running the stock computer and internals... its only a little turbo but so much fun!!! =)

^^ true story..

that thing hammered!
to everyone thats saying dont go turbo.. have u driven a turbo R?
a decent setup in stock R owns ALOT of street cars

bang for ur buck -> go turbo

GSI-PSI
17-08-2005, 06:37 PM
prob with alot of u guys is that ya way 2 scared. Just turbo the friggin car. It will handle the power on 9psi. Way too much talk and not enough action here guys, i just want some integra competition out ere hehe

locote
17-08-2005, 08:16 PM
GSI-PSI you my get some comp from me, but u gota wait 3months as i just foundd out i lost me license haha, turbo should be ready to go in when i get my license bak all fingers crossed!
as for now got my cams and gear coming in some time this week, and im getting a edelbrock short runner intake manifold.

locote
17-08-2005, 08:18 PM
ill be goin TURBONETICS T3 450hp kit btw, comes with everything, good weekend job.

GSI-PSI
17-08-2005, 08:27 PM
lol i just spent the whole of last weekend replacing my motor

vti_ek9
18-08-2005, 12:39 PM
i think your taking about qball. his car is a gsi engine turbo'd he is only running 30% of his cabability atm. as he has to wear in his internals before they can raise boost for 25 - 30psi. see if you beat him then ;) :p

noo...i'm not torking bout gsi-psi...
the turbo type r is from springvale and it's 4 door...and has j-spec front headlights...
anyone on here seen a yellow nsx with black rims around the se area off melbourne...well..hes little brother owns the turbo r....

gsi-psi....wat area are you from?..neva seen your car around??
:rolleyes:

GSI-PSI
19-08-2005, 01:25 AM
noo...i'm not torking bout gsi-psi...
the turbo type r is from springvale and it's 4 door...and has j-spec front headlights...
anyone on here seen a yellow nsx with black rims around the se area off melbourne...well..hes little brother owns the turbo r....

gsi-psi....wat area are you from?..neva seen your car around??
:rolleyes:

northern suburbs dude

poweredbyhonda
19-08-2005, 08:28 AM
I also haven't seen your car around and I'm near the North too. Love to drag ya aswell.

z3lda
19-08-2005, 10:52 AM
4dr jdm type r turbs is own by danny. that car isnt runnin so crash hot. lots of prob.