PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Q

notorious_ahmie
10-08-2005, 07:46 PM
hey guys ive searched the forums couldnt find anything(correct me if im wrong)

i need a good car alarm cause of the system soo i would like to get the pager ones. i went to jaycar the other week and they were going to sell me the pager one and throw a few extra freebies such as boot release.. auto window winding... the features on the alarm as i can remember were ...i cant remember haha..anyways it was going to be 300$ and there reccommended installer was going to be 200$ more expensiv than normal because i have central locking..but do u guys recommend anything else?im getting scared more and more everyday without one :(

thanks for the input guys and sorry bout the long post

aimre
10-08-2005, 09:29 PM
unfortunatly alarms dont do shit these days,
weve broken into mates cars, and no one even took another look.

n e ways, to ur q,
do u got n e tech knowledge, maybe u can fit urself.
if not, ring some auto elecs and ask them for quotes

notorious_ahmie
10-08-2005, 09:55 PM
nah no knowledge..might sound dumb but if some1 is gonna break in then its gonna happen..but on my street the car is a bit far so if im sleeping and somethin happens at least i can run and do something about it haha

jackosimm
10-08-2005, 10:10 PM
elaborating on the point of they dont do sh!t. When is the last time you went over to a car in a carpark with the alarm going off?
Its such a common thing these days that everyone has the mentality of it just being a fault or set off accidently.
On topic again, I personally think that is a very worthy deal theyve given you at Jaycar, especially with the freebies.