PDA

View Full Version : Alloy Wheel Stuck to Wheel Hub...

EuroAccord13
11-08-2005, 12:34 AM
Hi;

My friend had his tyres done at XXXXXX tyre place and was over at my place to try out some alloys, when I tried to loosen the nuts on the wheels a tad, it was so tight that I had to step on it to just loosen them a bit. I then proceeded to jack the car up to have the wheel removed, however to my surprise, with all the nuts out, the wheel was stuck to the hub and I was pulling as hard as I could and hammering it from the back to try and get it out and it wouldn't move...

What can I do?

Thanks in Advance...

CHEERS

armak81
11-08-2005, 01:41 AM
had this problem with my civic...
tyre place didn't take out the plastic alignment cap that attatches to the hub. they rattle gunned the lug nuts on and crushed the alignment cap. eventually got it off by hitting the rims with a rubber mallet at different angles and areas on the wheel

gelo
11-08-2005, 01:50 AM
i dunno how stuck its
but you can try and kick the tyre

MR-VTEC
11-08-2005, 07:35 AM
yeah this happened to me not too long ago. i got mine off by hitting the front side of the tyre with the palm of my hand and at the same time hitting the back side of the tyre with a rubber mallet. kind of works like popping a bottle cap off.

bennjamin
11-08-2005, 07:47 AM
dont kick it - that amount of force could be applied into your fall as you hit the ground from mis-timing.

Use a rubber mallet in a criss-cross around the outer edges of the wheel to hopefully slowly loosen it up , until it is able to come off. Good luck

SKREMN
11-08-2005, 07:33 PM
Happend to me i kicked it has hard as i could a cupple of times from diff angels and problem solved

nobbs
11-08-2005, 07:48 PM
like others have said, all you need to do is tap it from the back woth a rubber mallet or something, it may take some time, but keep trying hehe.....oh and dont do nothing to crazy that will cause ur car to fall off the jack/jackstands

ECU-MAN
11-08-2005, 10:41 PM
hahah

just kick it with the flat of your foot on each side

I have had this countless times, just be carefull if the car is on jack stands