PDA

View Full Version : Is it US Integra GSR same as Australia Integra VTI-R?

MoNd3sto7
17-02-2004, 12:37 AM
Hi there...

I'm newbie for Honda car. Just got my 96 Integra VTI-R today and never drive a V-tec and fornt wheel drive b4. :D So here i got some question to ask..

anyone know is the US Integra GSR same with OZ Integra VTI-R? Because i want to get the Header(extrator) and the cat back system from the us ebay. So i would like to know if they can fix perfectly or not? They sell very cheap on the ebay. One header sell on the ebay only have to pay US80 and the cat back system only US197. Also would like to know does anyone buy from there b4? thanks ;)

tanghy
17-02-2004, 02:06 AM
get ready to be ripped by customs and duty
also ridiculous shipping amount
good luck!

revolution
17-02-2004, 09:45 AM
get ready to be ripped by customs and duty
also ridiculous shipping amount
good luck!

Not if you're smart you won't get ripped by customs.... :D

DarkCoupe
17-02-2004, 11:33 AM
what do u do do revolution so you dont get ripped???

madgrk
17-02-2004, 11:35 AM
he brings it in on a little toy sailing boat that you can buy from a hobby shop. Has a GPS on it and he just sails it over from the US to Australia :D

WE'RE ONTO YOU NOW MATE!! :D

DarkCoupe
17-02-2004, 11:41 AM
lol :P

A'PEXi
17-02-2004, 01:32 PM
lol little toy sailing boat with gps :D

VTEC16
17-02-2004, 02:00 PM
One header sell on the ebay only have to pay US80 and the cat back system only US197

I very much reccomend that you stick with a brand name header....even then, go for the best (or get a JDM ITR 4-1 as a cheap-er alternative). Too many hondas LOSE power by putting on dodgy parts.

As for the catback system....It wont affect the flow and dynamics of your power delivery as much....as long as it doesnt have any obvious restirctions/bottlenecks, you should be ok.

US ebay sales often look like great deals....then you factor in shipping and customs....and the fact that you are buying a product you havent seen, from a person you dont know, in a different country.... and all of a sudden the price, service, hassles and lack of recourse may sway your purchase.

MoNd3sto7
17-02-2004, 04:16 PM
Vtec16

Thanks for ur comment..... do you know where can i get the second hand ITR header? btw I'm from perth... so will go shop around this few day if i got few time......

oh ya, got a problem too.. i feel like my car Vtec isnt open. do u know wat going wrong? just dont hear and feel any Vtec power :?

McChook
17-02-2004, 04:18 PM
on box have written

WARRANTY REPLACEMENT

VTEC16
17-02-2004, 06:01 PM
Vtec16

Thanks for ur comment..... do you know where can i get the second hand ITR header? btw I'm from perth... so will go shop around this few day if i got few time......

oh ya, got a problem too.. i feel like my car Vtec isnt open. do u know wat going wrong? just dont hear and feel any Vtec power :?

no probs at all mate...

Iv seen JDM ITR headers for sale on this forum on a few occasions...

RAYTDR has a set for sale (click here (http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2616&highlight=jdm+itr+header))

...as for your car not engaging vtec (i gather thats what you are saying?)

vtec will only engage if (its been a while...but i think the following are correct):
1) your oil is up to temperature
2) your fuel pressure is high enuf
3) your revs are high enuf

....so if you can eliminate which one/s of the following are normal, then you may come closer to the problem... if however vtec is engaging, then your problem may lie elsewhere...

IRI
18-02-2004, 12:22 AM
"vtec will only engage if (its been a while...but i think the following are correct):
1) your oil is up to temperature
2) your fuel pressure is high enuf
3) your revs are high enuf "

Sorry to take over the thread, but if vtec is only supposed to come on after those conditions (assuming the reason is to protect the engine), wouldnt a vtec controller fvck up your engine after a while?

madgrk
18-02-2004, 08:54 AM
VAFC is only meant for cars that have other (aftermarket performance) components installed on it. It does nothing if you don't have those installed. If anything you are losing power if you are changing the VTEC point on a stock VTEC vehicle.

VTEC16
18-02-2004, 10:20 AM
VAFC is only meant for cars that have other (aftermarket performance) components installed on it. It does nothing if you don't have those installed. If anything you are losing power if you are changing the VTEC point on a stock VTEC vehicle.

Not completely true....and certainly off topic (sorry mate :P )

Sorry to take over the thread, but if vtec is only supposed to come on after those conditions (assuming the reason is to protect the engine), wouldnt a vtec controller fvck up your engine after a while?

Thats a good question....im not sure if most aftermarket vtec controllers (eg. VAFC, fields) would overide the fuel pressure and oil temp requirements, not only the revs....

does anyone have any info on dis?