PDA

View Full Version : Double Clutching

Flanderz
11-08-2005, 04:01 PM
Hi guys could you help me clear something up. The meaning of double clutching as I understand it is:

depresing the clutch
going to neutral
taking the clutch out
reving up to optimal revs
depresing the clutch again
then changing gears

Cause my syncros are stuffed this is supposed to help me change gears smoothly right?, well what is the difference between doing the above and doing this:

before changing gears
depress the clutch
keep the revs up while the clutch is in
Then change gears

Im asking because doing both of these kinda helps changing gears in my car. Also I beleive the top is the proper way of double clutching while my mate reckons the bottom is the right way??? am i right or wrong?

IRI
11-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Have you been granny shifting?

babyboy
11-08-2005, 04:07 PM
not good for car

ian
11-08-2005, 04:11 PM
double post dude.

check out: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4882&highlight=double+clutching

j-specAccord
11-08-2005, 04:11 PM
seriously dbl clutching is a waste of time.
i get better times when i juz straight shift, dbl clutching is juz a show off tecnique. of course when done properly it can increase your gear changing but watching the actual real circuit racers they do not really dbl clutch much at all, something they do is rev matching when slowing for corners (a better way of engine braking) which i find pretty cool.
my friend had an LS who's syncro stuffed up and mine also did on my old accord, best idea go buy a new gearbox cos getting the syncro fixed will prob cost the same amount almost. you will juz end up wearing the cogs if you keep driving with it

Flanderz
11-08-2005, 04:33 PM
hmmmm, It was on another post and has answered my questions, thanks for the help, if ya want, ya can close the thread down. Thanx

fly_vti
11-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Hi guys could you help me clear something up. The meaning of double clutching as I understand it is:

depresing the clutch
going to neutral
taking the clutch out
reving up to optimal revs
depresing the clutch again
then changing gears

Cause my syncros are stuffed this is supposed to help me change gears smoothly right?, well what is the difference between doing the above and doing this:

before changing gears
depress the clutch
keep the revs up while the clutch is in
Then change gears

Im asking because doing both of these kinda helps changing gears in my car. Also I beleive the top is the proper way of double clutching while my mate reckons the bottom is the right way??? am i right or wrong?

the second one sounds like flat shifting... WHICH IM FAMOUS FOR! :D FLAT SHIFT THE BEST SHIFT.. JUST DONT TAKE YOUR FOOT OFF THE ACCELERATOR WHEN YOUR CHANGE GEARS LOL

fly_vti
11-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Granny Shifting Not Double Clutching Like You Should..... Your Luck You Didnt Blow The Welds On The Intake... Lol

wynode
11-08-2005, 04:56 PM
double post dude.

check out: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4882&highlight=double+clutching

As above. Please search in future.