PDA

View Full Version : Divers side door glass for 88-91 gen 2 CRX

Geo
11-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to send a quick msg to ask around for suggestions on what I should do... I own a 1990 mod gen 2 CRX and when I purchased the car, the door moulds were in very poor condition. so I was told that because the moulds were worn everytime I opened and closed my window the old moulds would scratch the shit outta the glass. I went to Honda and bought a pair of brand new door moulds and have fitted them for both sides of the car but now what I need to know is if the scratches on the window are repairable? I would prefer to get a new glass put in but Honda quoted me $353 for each side which sounded like abit of a rort. any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

bennjamin
11-08-2005, 07:53 PM
im sure you could find the objects in question at a wrecker - beign a 15 year old car there would be heaps of spares lying around somewhere :)

Or better yet - create a thread in our WANTED TO BUY section !

Geo
11-08-2005, 07:56 PM
Yeah I have tried almost every wrecker in Sydney. Shit door moulds are a common problem in gen 2 CRX's due to old age which cause scratches to the side window so every wrecker i went to was selling scratched glass lol wasn't really much use to me.

Geo
11-08-2005, 08:08 PM
i'll try the wanted to buy section. Thanks for the tip

Snoop_gee
14-08-2005, 01:51 AM
very similar problem but ma rubber seals are gone.
Any recommendations.. will windscreen O'brien do it? Even thought it's a drivers side window seal?!?!

Geo
04-09-2005, 02:56 PM
I rang windscreen O'Brien and the lovely lady on the phone said they didnt stock glass for the 2nd gen crx's and also she told me they have to order the glass directly from honda so as far as the price goes its not any better than what honda quoted me, it was actually more expensive. She let me in on a little secret and suggested I go through insurance because I think part of the deal with some insurance companies is that they offer you 1 free glass replacement each year but what im not sure of is will they cover you for scratches which are only there because of the dodgy door moulds or do I have to pull out a crow bar and "accidently" break my glass and then "claim" that someone tried to "break in" to get this free replacment? lol any suggestions would be much appreciated.

jackosimm
04-09-2005, 03:19 PM
Id be making a call to see what your insurance covers regarding that, another tip is, instead of pressing "1" for a general enquiry, punch the number to sign up a new account or pay bills(you'll be answered a lot sooner). Simply say you hit the wrong button;)
But yeah, just check exactly what you have covered.