PDA

View Full Version : What do you hate about the Euro?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Slugoid
11-08-2005, 11:36 PM
Probably won't get much response cos everyone here loves their Euro :rolleyes: , but here I go anyway.

For me, I guess the auto box is a start. 1st gear is nice but can't access it after 60km/h or so, 2nd and 3rd gear too long and 4th and 5th gear are pretty much crusing gears. I guess manual will much better but too late now and didn't get a choice.

Car is too heavy for my liking (and for what I do at night :) ). Too much weight at the front and with FWD it doesn't help. Stock suspension setup is like riding a boat (spring and sways fixed that to an extent for me). Not enough power (where is my K20A!). Steering is too light for my liking again, but I guess it's better than a lot of cars. Brakes has room for improvement (nothing nothing nothing...stop).

I guess I expected too much from the Euro, and in the end, I forget that the Euro is after all a family car, not a sports car. For what it is, it's an excellent car, but for what I'm really after, it's not. That's also the main reason that I'm going to stop modding the Euro and saving up for something that I really like. Euro will be still around as my pimp mobile, lol, but there will be another car complementing it later on. Something 4 cylinder, RWD, under 1300kg and more of a thrill to drive.

Edit:

Wow, times have changed. It's funny reading a post made half a year ago by myself. What do I hate about the Euro now?? I don't think I hate anything about the Euro now, ever since I got my new ride. I guess all my hate spawned from expecting too much from the Euro, as I mentioned. I don't expect anything from the Euro now, moreso, I look for the Euro can provide for me. Comfort, safety, 5 seats, relaxation, and a pit of poke when I need it. That's how I try to view all cars nowadays, as to what the car can provide me rather than what I expect of the car. Unmet expectations can only bring dissatisfaction. If there's so much hate in a car, then that means the car cannot provide what you want, as with me half a year ago with the Euro.

A wise friend recently told me: "make the best of what you have". Follow that then you'll never hate a car.

TwEigh
11-08-2005, 11:46 PM
well for me,
Dont like the suspension
Dont like the standard and spare rims
Dont like the Tachometer design
Dont like the fact that there is no speakers on the left and right rear doors.
Lack of driver view

and where the hell the cup holders are?

PNR888
11-08-2005, 11:51 PM
Stock 16" wheels are way too small for euro's big wheel arch.
The gap between tyre and wheelarch are too big unless you lower the car. 16" wheel just not helping with the visual effect neither.

With Audio display when playing CD, it doesn't show the time (minutes and seconds) of each track that is currently playing, I found a bit inconvinient at times.

Apart from these, I am pretty happy with the car.

PNR888
11-08-2005, 11:55 PM
and where the hell the cup holders are?

Cup holders are located centrally beside the handbrake handle.
for rear seat passengers, they are located in central arm rest. (when 1 or 2 rear passengers on board)

evolution42
12-08-2005, 12:04 AM
-16" wheels too small
-unnecsessarily jerky DBW throttle
-could do with some more low-end torque (<2000rpm)
-sunroof switch location
-lack of trip computer
-ride can be a bit too hard at low speeds imo
-no speakers in rear doors
-lack of driver view
-genuine floormats wear away too easily

apart from those little niggles, its brilliant! :)

TwEigh
12-08-2005, 12:16 AM
Cup holders are located centrally beside the handbrake handle.
for rear seat passengers, they are located in central arm rest. (when 1 or 2 rear passengers on board)

cant really call the one beside handbrake handle as cups holders..
cup holder suppose to be rounded in shape!

stephen8512
12-08-2005, 01:05 AM
- jerky DBW throttle @ low speeds
- curtain airbags (although it IS a safety feature, you cant,say, put wiring underneath the a-pillar to wire up an in car monitor for instance. (someone put an LCD on their sunglass holder and hid the wires in the a pillar bit)
- huge clearance gap..this car MUST be lowered to look decent...stock ride too high
- floorseat mats wear very easily
- no electric folding mirrors
- NO FELT IN DOOR WHICH RESULT IN LINE GOING DOWN YOUR TINTING JOB

But these flaws are miniscule compared to how much joy u can get out of driving it. :D:D

hnm738
12-08-2005, 01:06 AM
in that compartment you press a button on top right hand corner and the cup divider pops out

baboo
12-08-2005, 08:28 AM
Too Blardy Heavy!!

also
- 16" wheels looks ghey :thumbdwn:
- no trip computer :thumbdwn:
- side airbag on the seats :thumbdwn:
- no black on black interior option :thumbdwn:

Apart from that, I'm happy :thumbsup:

yfin
12-08-2005, 08:40 AM
Too Blardy Heavy!!

That's because you are a track warrior - even the fat ass lux version weighs less than the Subaru WRX STI

euro1978
12-08-2005, 08:44 AM
hehe this is the thread that makes us closet euro fault identifying knitpickers unite !!!

The drive by wire sux. I drove the Type S DC5 recently with its conventional throttle and it's chalk and cheese. There is no reason for the euro not to have a similar setup for it's manual version.

Euro is an extremely competent car but I am happy mine is stock except for some cosmetic stuff and a modulo honda exhaust. I think trying to treat it likes a sports car is when you are most disappointed as I find it fantastic in traffic for my daily commuting but I miss getting up especially early on a sunday and taking the Sti out for a dirty time around the streets of malvern.

SiReal
12-08-2005, 09:09 AM
sorry guys, its just a sh1t car. its as simple as that.

hahaha....joking. I hate em cos there are too many of them around and they look so common that i'm beginning to like the america accord AKA inspire.

EuroAccord13
12-08-2005, 09:18 AM
Too Blardy Heavy!! -- YEAH!! TOO HEAVY FOR ME!!!

also
- 16" wheels looks ghey :thumbdwn: ----- I AGREE
- no trip computer :thumbdwn: ---------- THAT TOO!
- side airbag on the seats :thumbdwn: ---- I Think You Meant Curtain Airbags... :D
- no black on black interior option :thumbdwn: - EXACTLY!

Apart from that, I'm happy :thumbsup:

nexace
12-08-2005, 09:33 AM
- No folding side mirrors
- Black colour doesn't have black interior!!!
- Side window ledge is too high to rest elbow

15%-20% more power would have been good.. :D

baboo
12-08-2005, 09:41 AM
no man~ I mean airbag on the seats so I cannot change to lighter ones...LOL

Chris_F
12-08-2005, 10:04 AM
someone mentioned light steering? Mine hasn't been "light" for quite a while, i'm convinced its the wheel allignment (i regularly check tire pressures with my own gauge) but according to the place where i got it done its been corrected "to perfection" :confused::confused:

Atm i hate how it drives... if i go over a slight bump the steering wheel jerks to one side and even if there is the slightest incline on the road (barely visibley noticable) the car turns sharply in that direction.

Also the clutch continues to feel weaker the longer i've had the car (i drive it like a granny all the time now coz i'm paranoid about it giving way)

Also it's revving like a turd atm because i think its in need of som enew oil.

Hopefully it's all fixable, but realistically i knew what i was getin into when i got the euro - i didn't expect a sports car, just something reliable that i could learn the ropes in and eventually have a bit of fun with.

nEUROtic
12-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Probably won't get much response cos everyone here loves their Euro :rolleyes: , but here I go anyway.

For me, I guess the auto box is a start. 1st gear is nice but can't access it after 60km/h or so, 2nd and 3rd gear too long and 4th and 5th gear are pretty much crusing gears. I guess manual will much better but too late now and didn't get a choice.

Your not sposed to access first after sixty. Thats as far as the gearing takes you.

PERTH_EURO
12-08-2005, 11:10 AM
the felt window tint issue
wiring recal for boot harness
water in front headlights
no black and black
the fact that it attracts people to run into me (2 rear end shunts)

Chris_F
12-08-2005, 11:15 AM
nEUROtic, he's talking bout the auto trans, first gear has a longer ratio than our manual transmissions. Probably gets close to 80km in first for the auto?

VirIIx
12-08-2005, 12:05 PM
1. 16" alloys suck - i feel ripped off :b
2. trip computer is too simple for an car of such calibre - the bloody holden vz have a more efficient trip system
3. jerky at low revs/speed 1st and 2nd gear (crap for peak bumper to bumper driving)
4. no rear foglights
5. no heated side mirrors
6. no powered folding mirrors

but.. you can't have everything and i am happy with the car..

although i've noticed more rattling and vibrating coming from the front passenger door side.

... need to look at master cylinder issues...

Slugoid
12-08-2005, 12:14 PM
With the auto, 1st actually gets u to redline around 65km/h or so, but it locks you out after 40-50km/h or so, not 100% sure. Point is that sometimes I wanted more power at around those speeds and I'm stuck in 2nd, which is a longish gear compared to the manual.

I also did mention light steering. I have 40psi all round with eibach's, so I do feel a lot, but doesn't give u a sense of weight. I personally like heavier steering cos with older car steering gets sorta heavier as you speed up but with the Euro, steering is the same whether you're going at 20km/h or 120km/h around a corner. I know that Euro has some technology where it's less responsive at higher speeds, but you can still easily control the car with 3 fingers even when going at 120km/h or more.

V205
12-08-2005, 12:14 PM
- DBW Jerk at low speeds.

splinter
12-08-2005, 12:54 PM
in my sig I guess

DBW - dont innovate just because others are doing it (but they did it better)
Gearbox - not smooth enough in low gears
Seat's front not height adjustable
Rear and side views poor
Too much vibration from the road through steering column.

other than that after big wheel mod its not to bad for price.

Chris_F
12-08-2005, 01:42 PM
sugoid, try lowering your pressures, generally steering gets lighter as wheel pressure increases. something like 35-36 may give yo uthe feel you want?

Im just confused as to why my steering isn't exactly light anymore:confused:

Eclipsor
12-08-2005, 02:26 PM
I don't have a euro but I've noticed alot of people saying they wish they had power folding mirrors. I've got these on my 92 Accord but I'm not really sure what the point is and why it is so desirable? Can anyone explain?

euro1978
12-08-2005, 02:27 PM
wank factor

VirIIx
12-08-2005, 03:53 PM
I quite like driver visiblity in the euro - side front and back. Very comfortable imo.

Compared to the mercedez C200K, that car has a real shitty rear, and the sides are terrible. the camry's are worse :b

I don't think it's wank factor, it's convenience and the ability to be a lazy arse. WIth my old car when it was hailing I drove it into the garage, had to fold the mirrors up. Because it was powered, i could fold them without having to run out in the hail and fold them. Nice and easy.

SiReal
12-08-2005, 03:57 PM
wank factor
hahah..nice call :thumbsup:

It doesn't have its use in Australia cos parking spots aren't exactly tight and narrow like land deprived asian countries.

red_s2000
12-08-2005, 04:32 PM
I am not sure if this is a concern, but it is getting rather common on the road. not to the same volume as Falcon/Commordore. Especially the Gun-metal color.

Benji
12-08-2005, 04:56 PM
I am not sure if this is a concern, but it is getting rather common on the road. not to the same volume as Falcon/Commordore. Especially the Gun-metal color.

it's good because there'll be heaps of spare parts at wreckers and lots of mods/kits etc available. but bad because you won't be different if you have one, like the wrx when every man and his dog had one.

Eclipsor
12-08-2005, 05:21 PM
It doesn't have its use in Australia cos parking spots aren't exactly tight and narrow like land deprived asian countries.

If you need to fold your mirrors in to get into a parking spot because the cars are that close. How on earth are you going to get out of the car.

aaronng
12-08-2005, 05:45 PM
Get out through the sunroof. :D

Euro05
12-08-2005, 06:10 PM
Velour trim on centre and door armrests = :thumbdwn:.

euro77
12-08-2005, 10:41 PM
For me, I just hate it when my car just bog down with no apparent reason, thanks to the drive by wire.

And also my car attracts too much attention that it has been keyed by a f*cking son of a b*tch.

nexace
12-08-2005, 10:43 PM
it has been keyed by a f*cking son of a b*tch.

Damnit!!! 50 lashes in public for that sort of behaviour...

Some people just don't know the meaning of "respect" :mad:

aaronng
12-08-2005, 11:16 PM
For me, I just hate it when my car just bog down with no apparent reason, thanks to the drive by wire.

And also my car attracts too much attention that it has been keyed by a f*cking son of a b*tch.
Dammit. We should key them and see if they like the feeling. :mad:

Pum[Z]
12-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Hehehehe...

Also why the heck do we have a ashstray at the back for?? I'm sure back passengers don't smoke in the car. Hell if i had passengers sitting at the back of my euro and smoking i will slap them silly...

They could have changed the back ashtray to something more wank like a aircond vent or something...

coladuna
12-08-2005, 11:36 PM
cant really call the one beside handbrake handle as cups holders..
cup holder suppose to be rounded in shape!

Geez. Don't blame the car when you are the one who didn't read the manual properly and don't have the common sense to look carefully.
You don't really have to be Einstein to figure out that it is a cupholder.

kam
12-08-2005, 11:42 PM
1. is severly underpowered
2. looks poo stock (pre 05 model with 16"s)
3. getting too common yo

euro1978
13-08-2005, 12:10 AM

how much power do you think it should come with standard ?

its a family car. :confused:

eurosp
13-08-2005, 01:59 AM
There are quite a lot of "don't like" here. Are there any solution for some of these "don't like"? eg. Not enough power.... Any Mods?

Slugoid
13-08-2005, 02:09 AM
There are quite a lot of "don't like" here. Are there any solution for some of these "don't like"? eg. Not enough power.... Any Mods?

If you have the money, there's a solution for everything. Comptech supercharger, Hondata ECU reflash, exhaust, intake can easily give you more power. Rear swaybar, coilovers, springs/shocks combo, struct brace, better rubber, camber kit all help the handling. Rip out seats, door trim, spare tyres for weight reduction, if you're insane.

Personally, if I wanted to make a Euro fast, I might as well get another car.

j-specAccord
13-08-2005, 09:12 AM
only the japs can do them up properly

j-specAccord
13-08-2005, 09:15 AM
YEAH GO THE 5th GEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! death to the rally really really high common slow 2.4i-vtec! c'mon guys juz slap a K20A in there.... THEN BOOST IT BAHAHAHAHAHA

yfin
13-08-2005, 09:37 AM

Wow. What sort of car did you have before the Euro -a Pagani Zonda?

Back in the mid-late 80s I can remember reading an Aussie car magazine where they tested the Saab 900 turbo. They hailed it as the fastest car in Australia for mere mortals (I think under $70,000).

0-100 was 8.4 seconds! hahaha. How far we have come hey? 4 door, 4 cyl n/a car doing sub 16 over the 1/4 stock out of the box.

Anyway -notwithstanding my disagreement to the underpowered comment - my dislikes (not hates) about the Euro are:

Lack of felt in windows (for tinting)
No trip computer
stock alloys and wheel arch gap
occassional rattles (which i can live with)
no simple AUX audio in to the stereo
wheel alignment tends to be very sensitive
red line too low -- please give me more vtec!

yfin
13-08-2005, 09:39 AM
Too much vibration from the road through steering column.

Splinter this is not normal - get your tyres, balance and alignment checked.

Sure you can feel bumps in the Euro with pot holes, etc - but you shouldn't feel vibration on ordinary well made roads.

TwEigh
13-08-2005, 11:52 AM
Geez. Don't blame the car when you are the one who didn't read the manual properly and don't have the common sense to look carefully.
You don't really have to be Einstein to figure out that it is a cupholder.

lol do you really read every single page in manual book? I have never read any of my car's manual book

albii
13-08-2005, 11:52 AM
i got to say that coming from turbos i found the power more than adequate.....
at the end of the day i decided to grow up and get something classy and even though i looked at the 3 series i thought that unless you spent $90k you dont get alot of power at all........considering the euro can compete with the 3 series bmw i see it as wonderful value as well as very good power wise.

albii
13-08-2005, 11:54 AM
do you really read every single page in manual book? I have never read any of my car's manual book
i prefer to drive the car other than read the encyclopedia euro.

V205
13-08-2005, 12:20 PM
Yeah.. coming from S15 Turbo, I find the Euro's power plenty... especially in the 4000-7000rpm range.

i got to say that coming from turbos i found the power more than adequate.....
at the end of the day i decided to grow up and get something classy and even though i looked at the 3 series i thought that unless you spent $90k you dont get alot of power at all........considering the euro can compete with the 3 series bmw i see it as wonderful value as well as very good power wise.

euro1978
13-08-2005, 12:35 PM
hehe another ex s15 person here.

Lets compare what was worse, the DBW of the euro or shifting in the s15 and the accompanying clunk that made you think your gearbox just fell out of your car.

aaronng
13-08-2005, 12:43 PM
Check this out. The new Mazda6 just got Throttle-by-wire, and 6MT or 5AT. It'll be interesting to check the Mazda forums on whether they start hating the throttle-by-wire since they can compare it to the pre-upgrade model.

http://carsguide.news.com.au/news/story_page/0,8269,16215674%255E21822,00.html

euro1978
13-08-2005, 12:53 PM
Check this out. The new Mazda6 just got Throttle-by-wire, and 6MT or 5AT. It'll be interesting to check the Mazda forums on whether they start hating the throttle-by-wire since they can compare it to the pre-upgrade model.

http://carsguide.news.com.au/news/story_page/0,8269,16215674%255E21822,00.html

Its not a matter of hating drive by wire. It is the fact that the accord DBW is not up to par of the european cars which pretty much all run DBW. The mazda DBW might be fantastic.

That is why I was asking about the liberty GT manual.

Ferrarista
13-08-2005, 01:15 PM
Only complaint i have in the dash board, its boring.

Chris_F
13-08-2005, 01:24 PM
really? i actually really like the dashboard.

Boring > ugly/tryin to be modern

Slugoid
13-08-2005, 01:56 PM
The only thing I hate about the dash is that the techo is on the left, the speedo at the center. Should be tacho in the center and speedo to the left (or digital in the center). I guess that only happens in sports cars :p If your saying the Euro dash is boring, try the BMW ones. Their tacho hasn't changed in 10 years or more....still that simple white on black and red/orange illumination. Simplistic = classy. Too complex = ugly/tryhard. I personally like the dash with a splash of blue (i.e VW and XR6/8).

Off topic: Is the S15 gearbox that bad? What made you guys go from a S15 to a Euro?

fortec@sprint.net.au
13-08-2005, 06:27 PM
I just have one real silly dislike...

If you lost drop something between the front seats and centre console, you cant get your hand in there to retrieve it as there is no room. A real nuisance if you are driving and you need to retrieve what you just dropped in there.

splinter
13-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Yfin yea I'll let them check it out next service, but then again I told them last time about the dbw and they came back with "After we've done the service we've found no such problem exists" cant blame service people though.

Im cool with all the stuff that comes with the car when I test drive it like I accept the power, wheel, visual stuff.. etc.. coz its wat you see thats wat you get but who wouldva thought dbw would destroy you at low speeds.. serious who the hell would test how well the car go at 10km/hr?. we've more concerned with the more important stuff like acceleration and handling. we shouldnt have to worry about if the car comes with 4 wheels or not.

albii
13-08-2005, 08:04 PM
i cant see what the fuss is about with the euros dbw.....i think its great or maybe i have learnt to drive it properly.

Thorn2004
13-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Pffft I love everythin about my new Milan Red Euro :D

Well almost everything, anyone else with luxuries find their sunroof undercover sliding thingy vibrates/rattles when you go over bumps or down a rough road? Is it something that can be easily fixed?

Well apart from that just the tint/window issue, everything else to be honest I love, especially now I have the black leather seats! My missus uncle has a BMW 5 series and he reckons the leather in the Euro is better than his BMW leather !!

Chris_F
13-08-2005, 09:39 PM
i wouldn't doubt that about the leather - my dad's beemer has shit house leather :thumbdwn: if you want the got stuf its like 3000 dollar option haha.

lexus leather is a different matter - i swear the leather in mums is300 was taken from a holy cow's ass :p

aaronng
13-08-2005, 09:50 PM
Its not a matter of hating drive by wire. It is the fact that the accord DBW is not up to par of the european cars which pretty much all run DBW. The mazda DBW might be fantastic.

That is why I was asking about the liberty GT manual.
I know that. I was just wanting to find out if Mazda implemented the throttle-by-wire as aggressively as the Accord Euro because the Mazda6 conforms to EuroIV emissions spec.

aaronng
13-08-2005, 09:55 PM
Pffft I love everythin about my new Milan Red Euro :D

Well almost everything, anyone else with luxuries find their sunroof undercover sliding thingy vibrates/rattles when you go over bumps or down a rough road? Is it something that can be easily fixed?

Well apart from that just the tint/window issue, everything else to be honest I love, especially now I have the black leather seats! My missus uncle has a BMW 5 series and he reckons the leather in the Euro is better than his BMW leather !!
Supposedly applying vinyl protectant onto the sunroof seals helps reduce the sunroof rattle. Give it a try, those seals need some protection against UV anyway. I use 303 Protectant from Autobarn.

euro1978
13-08-2005, 11:14 PM
I know that. I was just wanting to find out if Mazda implemented the throttle-by-wire as aggressively as the Accord Euro because the Mazda6 conforms to EuroIV emissions spec.

sorry mate you have lost me there. "implementing aggressively" ??

PNR888
13-08-2005, 11:16 PM

!!

My sunroof undercover sliding thingy does vibrate and cause noise when it is in open position. When it is in Closed position, the problem is fixed.

sodaz
14-08-2005, 01:21 AM
1. It's becoming too common, way too common
2. Could use more lumbar adjustment (for my bad back)

aaronng
14-08-2005, 01:21 AM
sorry mate you have lost me there. "implementing aggressively" ??
One reason why our Accord Euro's throttle-by-wire is jerky could be because it is set too aggressively to burn excess fuel that is present in the cylinder+intake after you lift off the accelerator. To get a fast enough response, you can either use a more sensitive sensor and also a higher gain so that there is less ramp up time to burn the exces fuel. If unburnt fuel is released out the exhaust, then it will probably not meet Euro IV emissions requirements. Therefore more cars are having throttle-by-wire now, because they have to meet emissions requirements, especially for cars that are to be sold to California, where it is extremely strict.

The article said that the Mazda6 now has an electronic throttle and meets EuroIV emissions. I'm assuming here that BECAUSE of throttle-by-wire that it now meets EuroIV, which makes sense since nothing else was changed mechanically.

OldnGrey
14-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Don't forget the low speed jerkiness is far more obvious on the manual.
The auto masks a lot of it.

(The Mazda6's new 5 speed auto will be interesting to test drive too. My wife wants a wagon for her next car)

albii
14-08-2005, 12:08 PM
Don't forget the low speed jerkiness is far more obvious on the manual.
The auto masks a lot of it.

(The Mazda6's new 5 speed auto will be interesting to test drive too. My wife wants a wagon for her next car)
arent we all forgetting why we didnt buy the 6 in the first place?
apart from it being underpowered it is also a very unrefined car.

The-Genesis
14-08-2005, 12:50 PM
The auto could be better, should ahve made 7cvt transmission!!
I always welcome more power, the auto is slow

thats it.

Breeze
14-08-2005, 05:47 PM
Well I did buy the JDM Euro wagon import, they only things I don't like
1) The great JDM sat nav doesn't work in NZ
2) Some of the Sat Nav menus are in Japanese
3) The drivers auto up window seems to have a fit and wont go up unless you pull the switch gently
4) Road noise from the rear wheels
5) The electric drivers seat has a slight amount of play and when you hit the brakes it moves forward a bit
6) Small 16" rims

The upside over Aus/NZ new cars
1) It has 149kw factory (where the extra 9kw comes from is beyond me but its JDM mate)
2) It has an awesome trip computer that lets you save trip details by date (gives instantaneous fuel, average fuel, distance to empty and current kms travelled since set)

Suntzu
14-08-2005, 07:22 PM
I like my new euro. Its done only 4500km.

What i dont like is:

Parking visibility and visibility blockage from the rear view mirror and the A pillars.
Softness of front and rear bumper plastic.
Mine got a few rattles even though its practically brand spanking.
Constant Rattle from manual gearbox on downshift.
2nd gear ratio is too tall. Takes the edge of the 1 st gear mumbo launch!
Harshness at low speed yet still has a bit of body roll.
I have 18 inch alloys and the car either goes right OR left at 100kph, its like the alignment is screwy or flaky.
The fact that at 100 -110 kph you got to drive it all the time without relaxing cause its a bit "nervous" when tracking straight (though brilliant through corners) - This is my biggest complaint.

Otherwise I love it! Im happy with my purchase 100%. These are minor things compared to my last Mitsu Magna sports lease!

Chris_F
14-08-2005, 07:51 PM
suntzu i have the same problem with my 17" wheels in that the wheel allignment feels dodgey and the whole car is twitchy. its like the wheels only feel like goin in the direction they choose. Atm its my biggest hate.

That and the engine has crap all power. I'm hoping its due to the oil and filter needing replacement...

h22a accord
14-08-2005, 08:01 PM
ive noticed that the 05 euro luxury with 17" rims tracks more than my 94 accord with 17" rims.

X8TEENX
14-08-2005, 08:25 PM
too heavy for the car..

outside looking = not bad

overall not bad expet the performance system..

ant234
15-08-2005, 01:52 PM
Same as Suntzu... had it not long (1 month), done ~4000km

rattles is pissing me off to the extream...

- rattles from the passenger front door..
- Sunroof when the sliding thing is open
- a metal click noise when i drive out of my driveway... still yet to locate
- A slight sick noise when the engine is cold... only under acceleration u can hear it...
- small clicks when clitch depress

- sunroof switch... why can't it be near the roof itself?
- no trip computer (mazda6 got one!)
- seat memory (in the face lift mazda6!!)

power, I'm fine with... thats coming from a S13 turbo and heavily modded.. If I want a sports car, I woulda got a Clio sports... V6!

Honestly, I really want to love the car, just a little depressed about the rattles/noise...

aaronng
15-08-2005, 02:04 PM

- Sunroof when the sliding thing is open
- a metal click noise when i drive out of my driveway... still yet to locate
- A slight sick noise when the engine is cold... only under acceleration u can hear it...
- small clicks when clitch depress

- sunroof switch... why can't it be near the roof itself?
- no trip computer (mazda6 got one!)
- seat memory (in the face lift mazda6!!)

power, I'm fine with... thats coming from a S13 turbo and heavily modded.. If I want a sports car, I woulda got a Clio sports... V6!

Honestly, I really want to love the car, just a little depressed about the rattles/noise...
Is your metal click noise from the rear? If so, check this link out:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15092

kam
19-08-2005, 12:02 AM
im sorry with my comments, i didnt mean to piss you guys off. to be honest, i dont have any complaints with it. those listed were only me being REALLY picky. the comment about bieng underpowered was coming from acura getting a V6 in theirs, whcih would have been nice here, or even a Type R model.

exISeuro
19-08-2005, 12:58 PM
Amongst many other little things... i hate it when i turn the car off forgetting to close the sunroof. you have to turn the power on to close it :\. annoying.

but the user is to blame :rolleyes:

nav12c
19-08-2005, 04:58 PM
Amongst many other little things... i hate it when i turn the car off forgetting to close the sunroof. you have to turn the power on to close it :\. annoying.
i agree with this one. i used to have a commodore and they closed automatically when you shut the engine down.

I didnt like that either, coz sometimes you want to leave it on tilt mode. But you shouldnt have to turn the power on to close it.

SiReal
19-08-2005, 05:06 PM
i test drove the euro lux tiptronic...good power, fanged the living sh1t out of it, but to be hoenst, i didnt feel it was like a proper luxury car...the car felt somewhat cheap and i dunno why....i think it was the interior plastics...very "graphics art folder box" material...pls dont flame me all you euro enthusiasts!! :D

euro1978
19-08-2005, 05:25 PM
The euro is pretty much as good as japanese cars get in terms of finish (Lexus not included cause lexus is actually priced at the same level as the german brigade)

If you think euro feels cheap then you better not buy a japanese car cause most of them feel cheaper even the ones that are more expensive.

nexace
19-08-2005, 05:46 PM

but the user is to blame :rolleyes:

Ahhh... Good point. My civic sunroof has 4 buttons, Open; Close; Tilt; and ASC = Auto Sunroof Closure. This is an override so that if the roof is open, having this function disabled means the roof stays open or tilted.

Wish they had done this with the Euro too and put the buttons on the roof somewhere.

PNR888
19-08-2005, 09:57 PM

I had the same problem before. but it is solved...

If you have window tinting,, then it could be from inproper fit of the door penel... see ur dealer or window tint people..

If u have no window tint.. the noice could be from rubber window seal, eventhough the sound doesn't appear to be from there.. solution is easy: wind down the window.. clean the window rubber seal and apply silicon spray (Rubber protectant)... this works for my car, the rattling noise has gone completley,,, I have travelled over 10000km after silicon spray, noise still hasn;t come back..

kitbkk
20-08-2005, 01:14 AM
If it was a RWD it would be one of the greatest cars.. but we all knew this before we bought our cars....so..yeah its not a big problem..
oh yeah and I hate that the OEM head unit car audio is designed like it is so its pretty anoying wen you want to replace it with another one..if ya want to get a new head unit, u gotta put it under tray (not sure this is wat u guys call it).

kitbkk
20-08-2005, 01:17 AM
oh forgot that there r too many on road too.. so cant be different lol..
but my head still turns everytime I see every euro though :D

aaronng
20-08-2005, 11:10 AM
I don't think I could make full use of RWD on Sydney roads. I'd probably end up losing my license first before I can even tap the advantages of RWD. If it was a track machine, then yes, RWD would be great. But then again, I wouldn't buy an Euro as a track car. Too heavy and the engine is a long stroker, so it can't stay at high rpms as long as a K20A.

I can see one advantage of out headunit... No one will break into the car to steal it because it doesn't fit in any other car!

yfin
20-08-2005, 11:21 AM
If it was a RWD it would be one of the greatest cars..

I like the fact the Euro is FWD! A RWD will have more power loss with the same engine at the wheels. I also like the fact I can corner with a lot more confidence in the Euro with FWD. It is just idiot proof. Sure oversteer can be fun - but it is also harder to correct.

I don't feel any torque steer in the Euro either - and for street driving understeer really isn't noticeable in this car.

chop_sticks
20-08-2005, 02:05 PM
Hmmm only thing i didnt like was the number plate holder. Why does honda need to make it so big. My sisters accord 97 model is even bigger lol.

The fact that 19s still look small on it also. The car needs 20inch+ to make it look crazy. Other than that i cant fault it.

aaronng
20-08-2005, 02:25 PM
Hmmm only thing i didnt like was the number plate holder. Why does honda need to make it so big. My sisters accord 97 model is even bigger lol.

The fact that 19s still look small on it also. The car needs 20inch+ to make it look crazy. Other than that i cant fault it.
Hehe, you can cut it down to size like some members did. But I like the extra protection it gives.

me_kevinly
21-08-2005, 11:51 AM
cant fit a WHEEL CHAIR without folding down the rear seat
>.<

kam
21-08-2005, 10:45 PM
The fact that 19s still look small on it also. The car needs 20inch+ to make it look crazy.

shit you crazy ! :D

jl88rl
22-08-2005, 01:30 AM
I want the 'tune' button to be where the 'skip' buttons are on dash cos i can skip on the steeringwheel, and hence be closer.

Also i do agree that now i cant hang my arm out while driving, the sill of the door is too high...

...and most importantly! get that f**kn door lock out of the freakin way! The usual honda slide 'door lock' inside the door handles wouldve been perfect...

Calipers are huge. Noisy tyres. Hard to get to small bolts to change things: grill, cai...

AND! The fact that windows go down on remote, but can only go up with key in door!!!

... Feels good gettin it all off my chest.

Ferrarista
22-08-2005, 01:36 AM
oh forgot that there r too many on road too.. so cant be different lol..
but my head still turns everytime I see every euro though :D
Modifications are your friend :D

Entity
22-08-2005, 07:49 PM
euro done 2000km so far

biggest problem is A pillar restricting vision severely when turning right, this is a safety problem because i CANNOT see pedestrians and median strips when turning right, its like every right turn is a blind turn because i have to move my head in front and behind the pillar just to make sure nobody is there

smaller problems:
-16" wheel + big arch combo
-beige cloth interior in black euro looks VERY VERY VERY cheap and cannot put custom leather upholstery due to side airbags inside seats (which i was not told about until after delivery)
-direction of sports shift (pull back should be up gear)

thats about it, other things at least i can mod.

albii
22-08-2005, 08:25 PM
euro done 2000km so far

biggest problem is A pillar restricting vision severely when turning right, this is a safety problem because i CANNOT see pedestrians and median strips when turning right, its like every right turn is a blind turn because i have to move my head in front and behind the pillar just to make sure nobody is there

smaller problems:
-beige cloth interior in black euro looks VERY VERY VERY cheap and cannot put custom leather upholstery due to side airbags inside seats (which i was not told about until after delivery)

yes totally agree ..beige is gay..

stephen8512
22-08-2005, 10:01 PM
i also hate how the HID washers come on when u want to wash ur windshield
there should be a separate function to operate them.....cuz whenever i get a lil spec of shit i wanna get rid of (and for argument sake lets say ive JUST cleaned my car), if i put the washers on, its gonna get water crap all over my bonnet.....and me no likey....

vex66
29-08-2005, 11:10 PM
Whoever said the euro has no torque steer either has an auto or isn't trying hard enough. Under hard acceleration in 1st or 2nd, I can feel the front end lighten up and squirm. It's not really a complaint as it is way better that the 3.5 Magna I used to own.

kam
29-08-2005, 11:25 PM
yup, the euro looks really poo boring with the normal non leather seats. the leather seats make a big difference. and i accidently once pressed the horn when trieng to press the volume button on the steering wheel, that was embarrisng :P

Sulley
29-08-2005, 11:35 PM
euro done 2000km so far

smaller problems:

i actually enquired abt changing the cloth seats to leather when i was checking out a standard euro and the dealer said its a $2000 option.
so its possible to custom the upholstery?

exISeuro
30-08-2005, 08:13 AM
how about when the doors tend to close if not opened with adequate force therefore hitting girlfriends, mothers aswell as drivers ;) unexpectedly.

VirIIx
30-08-2005, 12:03 PM
how about when the doors tend to close if not opened with adequate force therefore hitting girlfriends, mothers aswell as drivers ;) unexpectedly.

I'd rather that then people who slam the door shut! :)

yfin
30-08-2005, 08:56 PM
Whoever said the euro has no torque steer either has an auto or isn't trying hard enough. Under hard acceleration in 1st or 2nd, I can feel the front end lighten up and squirm. It's not really a complaint as it is way better that the 3.5 Magna I used to own.

It is my comment - I drive a manual and don't drive like a granny either.

Not sure what your definition is of torque steer - what you are describing sounds like a loss of traction. "Front end lighten and squirm" - that isn't torque steer.

On a perfectly flat road try full throttle in 1st or second and don't hold the wheel. Does the car go in a straight line or in different direction? Mine goes straight.

Try that same exercise, for example, in a Mazda 626 V6 (1997 model). Steering will tug like crazy and pull in a different direction fast. Now that is torque steer.

Suntzu
31-08-2005, 02:05 PM
Compared to my 163kw 320nm Magna sports = Torque steer city

The euro has almost ZERO torque steer. The VSA controls it as does decent suspension, tyres and most importantly spread of torque.

You have to be doing something ridiculous to effect a torque steer situation IMO.

FYI I forgot I wasnt driving my Euro in the wet today and I had my Missus Lantra 2.0l man. I flung it into a roundabout and whooops..180 degree spin, corrected and drove out.:p

Man theres a bit to complain about, BUT get out of the euro for a bit and drive like you normally drive in another carand you will see how well sorted this car is. It make you a better driver. No doubt in my opinion.

Mines in for a service today for a realignment of the wheels (to sort out the nervousness) repair of a scratch, fitting of the Tauraus rear parking sensor and general sorting out for its 5000km. Pity i scratched the 18 inch alloy speed lites a few days a go though, it would have been perfect.

EuroAccord13
31-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Totally agree, I've had two Magna Sports, one with over 220HP @ the wheels and they are not only Torque Steer Department cars, but Floaty as well...

vex66
31-08-2005, 10:34 PM
Fair comment about it not really being torque steer. Still, it can be disconcerting mid-corner. The euro definitely kills anything of that size (that I have driven) for handling.

25yko
31-08-2005, 11:32 PM
the wait from the order date to showroom to be picked up " I WANT MY EURO!!!!"

Suntzu
01-09-2005, 08:55 AM
My off centre nevrousness has reduced a lot. I got a honda dealer to rebalance and re align the wheels properly. Tracking very well now.

ant234
01-09-2005, 02:08 PM
FYI I forgot I wasnt driving my Euro in the wet today and I had my Missus Lantra 2.0l man. I flung it into a roundabout and whooops..180 degree spin, corrected and drove out.:p

Which roundabout is that? :P sorry I missed it!!

Another thing to add... The passenger side (and rear) windows do not have the function where it will automatically wind down the windows in one touch...
Gosh, even my cheapie Astra got it! :P

Really annoying is you have to remember to close the sunroof before turning off the car.

Justin L
01-09-2005, 07:34 PM
OK, I'll just add my 2 cents worth.

Besides the windscreen creak (which I'm yet to rectify at the 1k service), I hate the sequential shift orientation. It's just plain wrong!

I am more than happy with the rest..... ;)

nexace
01-09-2005, 10:20 PM
the wait from the order date to showroom to be picked up " I WANT MY EURO!!!!"

Have to agree with this...especially waiting over 5 weeks. :(

yfin
01-09-2005, 10:34 PM
Keep on topic please.

splinter
01-09-2005, 10:52 PM
Im abit surprise why honda still doesnt turn off headlight when key is removed. that woulda been nice. the cabin light is very neat. dims dradually when doors closed.

BiLL|z0r
03-09-2005, 08:33 AM
My 3 cents:

16" wheels way to small.
Gap in guards too big - would like to lower it but don't want it to be any harsher in ride.
More torque under 2K would be nice but it still beats my old lancer by a long shot.
Definately a black trim for the white models.
Trip computer would be nice. Stock commo's have 1 so we should get 1.

nexace
03-09-2005, 11:59 AM
Just realised the other day something I found distracting.

There's a couple of lines on top of the dash near the centre that is reflected on the windscreen.

splinter
03-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Bill, we do have a trip computer that records the kms. unless u mean fuel consumption

aaronng
03-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Trip computer would be nice. Stock commo's have 1 so we should get 1.
It's because the trip computer is built into the navigation system that is comes with the Euro in Japan, USA and Europe... We got shortchanged with the standard non-navi model. :(

If a navi Euro NEVER existed, then we would have gotten the trip computer. Even the base Jazz has a trip computer. :mad:

BiLL|z0r
04-09-2005, 08:19 AM
Bill, we do have a trip computer that records the kms. unless u mean fuel consumption

Yerp, fuel consumption, km's to empty, that type of thing.

jamwyn
04-09-2005, 04:10 PM
Guys I am not sure this is a prob. Did a search but couldnt find something similar.

When i reverse out of my garage, i have to do 4-5 point turns. So when its dead quiet in the morning, i can hear the brakes like 'gripping' whenever i lightly touch the brake pedal.

Its like 'ahhhh' then i depress then its gone. Is it normal guys?

Thanks in advance.

If its normal then this is what i hate bout the EURO. How come theres noises from the brakes? My S15 never did that any given day. But the built quality of the Euro is much betta.

aaronng
04-09-2005, 05:09 PM
My gf's astra does this when reversing and just lightly pressing the brakes. "BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
hahaha... it's so damn loud compared whatever brake squeals we have. Mine happens when I am moving forward and lightly applying the brakes. I suspect that the rotors have a fine layer of rust, so it takes some hard braking to get that layer off to give you silent braking.

jamwyn
04-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Wow.. Thanks for the reply Aaron. Will check it out in a few days time as currently ive only covered 183 kms on the white beast.

aaronng
04-09-2005, 10:14 PM
Wow.. Thanks for the reply Aaron. Will check it out in a few days time as currently ive only covered 183 kms on the white beast.
No problem. If you can brake quite strongly in the morning, then you will find for the rest of the day that the brakes won't squeal.

tanalasta
27-05-2006, 12:36 AM
Nit picking... some of these are purely subjective criticisms and I wouldn't go as far to say I 'hate' them about my car.

Very little to hate about the handling of the Euro with 17" wheels. The automatic transmission isn't as sporty or torquey as I may like, but it's an automatic. And an Euro. Not a WRX :P What no turbocharger? Just joking!

Suspension perhaps a little firm. Which is great for cornering and cruising but those nasty speed bumps hurt.

The velour in the middle of the Euro Sport seats are an interesting touch - but I don't know why they didn't go the full Lux leather seats like the Type-S model. Still, I like it a lot better than the Euro std seats.

That MY06 trip computer ... hmm ... Speed limiter too finicky to adjust too.

Rear visibility in the Euro (and most new cars with a high boot) average. In my 1992 Toyota Camry, I could reverse/parallel park within 10cm of whatever and never hit it. I can't do that with an Euro (well I lie - I have the parking sensors in the Euro but I can't yet judge on visibility/instinct alone).

That 9.1L/100km - all my friends with Euro's agree that unless you do quite a bit of highway/freeway work, 10L/100km is more appropriate and if you're in peak hour traffic the BP ultimate becomes a very expensive proposition.

VSA in Honda Euro not as quick to react as it could be.

Have to lift up lid to access cigarette lighter - to plug my Belltronics RX65 in (yes it's legal in WA).

Wish they store a $10 pen-tyre pressure gauge next to the jack/full sized alloy *ooh la la* spare. Easily fixed. Surprised I'm yet to know of a car that does this.

Exhaust tends to discolour rapidly and doesn't look quite as attractive as the 'new' chrome finish.

HID not standard on all models and terribly expensive to retrofit. For the price of a HID set you may as well just buy the luxury.

New '06 chrome grill takes some adjusting to ... mind you, I love my Euro Sports Grill.

Bridgestone Potenza's could be Pirelli's or Dunlop Sport Maxx. Why do so many manufacturers use Potenza's as OEM? True, they're not the worst tyre and cheaper than what I plan to replace them with at 40000km but their road-noise and performance could definitely be better.

Euro Sport not coming in nighthawk pearl is very very curious - a lot of people looking for a sport's / aggressive image adore black.

If the Civic comes with an mp3 player, why is the MY06 model's MP3 deck a $1000 accessory? And so hard to replace the head-unit although Alpine now do a model. I'll bet my bottom dollar it'll appear in MY07.

That's about it so far!

TEMPTN
27-05-2006, 01:48 AM
Just picked up my euro last nite, and i deeply regret getting this car, comming from a high modded s15 200+krw to a euro power is nowere there,
Im already considering putting this car back on the market already again with only 35km
Thought it would be good when test driving but now i miss the power, comfort is the only nice think i like about, and these cars need a major make over to look nice
Weres can i get this supercharger i hear about ??

aaronng
27-05-2006, 02:06 AM
Suspension perhaps a little firm. Which is great for cornering and cruising but those nasty speed bumps hurt.
Check your tyre pressure. Should be 33-35psi.

The velour in the middle of the Euro Sport seats are an interesting touch - but I don't know why they didn't go the full Lux leather seats like the Type-S model. Still, I like it a lot better than the Euro std seats.
I think the JDM Type S comes with the same 1/2 leather 1/2 velour seats. BUT they have the option of fitting Recaros with the Type S.

That 9.1L/100km - all my friends with Euro's agree that unless you do quite a bit of highway/freeway work, 10L/100km is more appropriate and if you're in peak hour traffic the BP ultimate becomes a very expensive proposition.
Unfortunate, as yours is an auto. My manual does 10.5L/100km in the city, and 7L/100km on the freeway. So it does average out to 9.something for me. On the bright side, you can still put in 95 octane.

VSA in Honda Euro not as quick to react as it could be.
Are you getting VSA or TC? I've tried to engage VSA on the track, and what I had to do to get to the limits would be too dangerous on public streets.

Exhaust tends to discolour rapidly and doesn't look quite as attractive as the 'new' chrome finish.
Get Meguiar's NXT All Metal Polysh. One application will clean up the chrome and will maintain it! Surprisingly, my exhaust is still chrome after almost 2 years.

Bridgestone Potenza's could be Pirelli's or Dunlop Sport Maxx. Why do so many manufacturers use Potenza's as OEM? True, they're not the worst tyre and cheaper than what I plan to replace them with at 40000km but their road-noise and performance could definitely be better.
In the end, it's all about the money. I'll be changing my Dunlops to something better too.

yfin
27-05-2006, 02:07 AM
Just picked up my euro last nite, and i deeply regret getting this car, comming from a high modded s15 200+krw to a euro power is nowere there,
Im already considering putting this car back on the market already again with only 35km
Thought it would be good when test driving but now i miss the power, comfort is the only nice think i like about, and these cars need a major make over to look nice

Yes, please sell the car as if you are complaining at 35kms there is no end in sight. :D

aaronng
27-05-2006, 02:11 AM
You won't get 200+kW atw even with the SC. In fact, the reflash that is needed to work with the SC probably won't be released for the Euro. So if you want power, it's back to car shopping for you.

yfin
27-05-2006, 02:16 AM
You won't get 200+kW atw even with the SC. In fact, the reflash that is needed to work with the SC probably won't be released for the Euro. So if you want power, it's back to car shopping for you.
According to the hondata web site they are looking at the SC (with appropriate reflash) for Australia! Price would be interesting.

But I agree with you - if temptn was expecting anything close to 200kw at the wheels when he picked up the Euro that was just foolish. It doesn't cost anything to test drive a car - even if you test it 10 times it still costs zero.

Omotesando
27-05-2006, 11:28 AM

So funny u say that.

Why the heck did u buy the car in the first place then, especially if you have given it a test drive?

My ex-S15 was around 19Xrwkw too. Although that car was faster than a Ferrari Modena 360 and handles much better than the Euro, u're comparing Apples with S15s.

The Euro Accord is better built, more luxury items, engine is smooth to rev, no cop attention. To me you should buy a 2.5L Pig-Nose WRX instead.

But the thing is, your Euro still needs to run in until 10,000km mark. The S15 never felt like it needed to run in for some reason.

TEMPTN
27-05-2006, 12:04 PM
yeah well i guess just got to run it in
obviously i new wat i was getting myself into when getting the car, but didnt no it was that bad in power in low end
and i no that i wont get close to 200kw and it will b dumb but extra power on take off will be good
and its not like i can go to a test drive and rip the shit outta the car redline every gear to feel the power

SO WHY ARE MOST U GUYS COMPLAING ABOUT POWER THEN?

Spec83
27-05-2006, 12:12 PM
They are two totally differnt cars - one aimed at boy racers and the other aimed at a luxury market..... I have driven s13-s15 silvias and a my05 WRX and to tell you the truth in stock form they are weak as piss and would prefer a euro over any of them any day...

Omotesando
27-05-2006, 12:13 PM
I know. I was complaining it so much too initially.

4th gear in a 200rwkw S15 pulls about the same as 1st on the Euro !

But now, I'm okay with it. Just have to get used to granny driving and lack of G force anywhere.. :P

Omotesando
27-05-2006, 12:18 PM
They are two totally differnt cars - one aimed at boy racers and the other aimed at a luxury market..... I have driven s13-s15 silvias and a my05 WRX and to tell you the truth in stock form they are weak as piss and would prefer a euro over any of them any day...

Weak as Piss?

A stock MY05WRX runs 14 flat and a 5.X 0-100kph.
An S15 isn't that fast stock but still runs 14.5s and 6.5s. Put an exhaust to replace the pea shooter on it and its running low-mid 13s easily due to sudden top end power gain.

These are different cars but I wouldn't call them boy racers as a lot of users are mature. Not to mention piss weak. The Euro relative to them is piss weak.

I don't see the Euro winning Performance Car of the Year 2001. :o

TEMPTN
27-05-2006, 12:26 PM
see there are other ex s15 owenr that brought a euro and regret power loss and would prefer the extra power and a package or luxury, like i said i love the comfort but extra power would b good

this is thread were you complain about what you hate about ur euro so im just letting out what i hate

MalGib
27-05-2006, 02:53 PM
What I hate about my Euro:

1. All four doors open when the remote open button is pressed ... bad for security.

2. Awkward blind spots ... the passenger-side 'A' pillar and the driver's side 'B' pillar.

3. Inconsistent engine performance ... never sure how it will react to the same throttle movements from one day to the next.

4. Honda discounting the list price of the '06 Euro Sports by $1500! So much for the exclusive limited edition get-them-while-they-last marketing approach.

5. No settable speed alarm warning.

6. Great illumination from the standard headlight beams, but high beams are weak and short lengthed.

7. No "auto-mute" connection on the Radio/CD player for in-car mobile phone kits.

8. Big volume differences when changing from FM radio to AM radio to CD player.

Sorry if some or all of these points were raised in previous posts. Just my list of disappointments. Other than that, in general, I just luv driving the car!

tanalasta
27-05-2006, 08:28 PM
The MY06 trip computer comes with a speed-alarm function. It's bloody irritating to set though.

coladuna
27-05-2006, 09:52 PM
bunny-hopping at slow speed. It really shits me.

YouRow
27-05-2006, 10:42 PM
Dislike:
1. A pillar position (restricts vision).
2. City fuel consumption. (nearly double highway???)
3. Hissing audio system (sounds like everyone has a bad lisp).
4. Factory tyres (wearing despite alignment and good pressure after 4500km).

EuroDude
27-05-2006, 11:53 PM
@tanalasta, 06 has a speed alarm??? News to me, sweet!

@coladuna, keep the revs higher above 1000rpm

@YouRow, city consumption is only 0.5L/100km worse for me. Yeh passenger A-pillar is a biatch.

Omotesando
28-05-2006, 12:08 AM
1. All four doors open when the remote open button is pressed ... bad for security.

Agree with this. Kind of wished it opens the drivers then other doors subsequently. Noticed even the Mexican built (I believe) VW Polo does this.

yfin
28-05-2006, 12:40 AM
yeah well i guess just got to run it in
obviously i new wat i was getting myself into when getting the car, but didnt no it was that bad in power in low end
and i no that i wont get close to 200kw and it will b dumb but extra power on take off will be good
and its not like i can go to a test drive and rip the shit outta the car redline every gear to feel the power

SO WHY ARE MOST U GUYS COMPLAING ABOUT POWER THEN?

More power would be excellent - to quote Jeremy Clarkson. I donīt think power on take off is bad - it is similar to many V6 cars and can keep up with the WRX up to 80kph if the WRX is not launched from 6000rpm (ie both cars idle launch). So it could be worse.

I think in your case coming from something with 200kw at the wheels was always going to be a step down in power though wasnīt it? I mean you possibly couldnīt have expected M5 performance from the Euro so the comment about selling the car with 35kms on it was a bit odd if you had properly driven the car on the test. Or even just looked at the spec sheet - 140kw and 1395kgs.

The car is a good all round performer in its price range. Perhaps your expectations were too high or you made a poor decision.

The car will free up more from 35kms but you need to accept its capabilities or start shopping for something different. Or maybe the Hondata or supercharger is for you. Good luck

yfin
28-05-2006, 12:42 AM

lol - where do you live, Los Angeles? :D

EuroDude
28-05-2006, 01:00 AM
bwahaha yeah LA is bad, Syd is ok. Simply lock the doors after you get in if you are concerned.

As for performance, take off speed is freakin excellent (beats most cars on the road)! But as for overtaking speed, well thats another story. But at least we can drop down a gear and rev up to 7300rpm if more power is needed.

Speaking of which, it would be nice if the Euro had a straight six engine. That would fill in the gap so to speak.

Adagio
28-05-2006, 09:44 AM
For me there is only one problem -- The annoying throttle lag. Overall it is a an exceedingly well made and cleverly designed automobile just bit antiseptic in its responses compared to some European cars. It is a truly delightful cruising car with a flair for the sporting mode.
On reading some of the responses some have bought the Accord as an outright sports car. It really is a very capable sedan with sporting connotations.

coladuna
28-05-2006, 03:02 PM
@coladuna, keep the revs higher above 1000rpm

You don't have to be below 1000rpm for it to bunny-hop. If you are in 1st gear and let go of the throttle, it's very easy to do, especially in heavy traffic. Hate having to depress, release the clutch on and on to stop it from happening.

MalGib
28-05-2006, 03:20 PM
You don't have to be below 1000rpm for it to bunny-hop. If you are in 1st gear and let go of the throttle, it's very easy to do, especially in heavy traffic. Hate having to depress, release the clutch on and on to stop it from happening.

Yep I found it a nuisance too ... hard to keep a smooth crawl in peak-hour traffic below 15km/h. However I've noticed it's not so bad since 1. the car has over 5000km on the clock, and 2. using 98RON fuel. Without doubt the higher octane fuel seems to improve low rpm 'tow' and smooths out the 'lumps'.

Another dislike to add ... for such a well thought out sound system, there is no input jack or other interface to connect an iPod or other mp3 player. So whats the 'aux' button supposed to do then?

ALN
28-05-2006, 03:49 PM

You could make any car fast just depend on your budget. :D
For supercharger try comptech USA or Jackson Racing( required water port mod). There is one EP3 with K24a2 swap pull more than 300 HP about (200 kw)at the wheel with Jackson racing SC so yeah that's really possible. But Euro not really design for racing purpose so if you wanna make so there are quite alot to change. LSD, better brake, better clutch and fly, and better head parts and I won't suggest you to get reflash only try to get stand alone. Anyway, I really like seing people with approach. :D
Hope that's help abit.

EuroDude
28-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Another dislike to add ... for such a well thought out sound system, there is no input jack or other interface to connect an iPod or other mp3 player. So whats the 'aux' button supposed to do then?

Buy an IceLink Plus from www.thecarkitcompany.com.au which comes with a cradle and plugs into the CD changer connector at the bottom of the headunit.
I have one and its freakin sweet! U can also control the iPod via the Steering wheel/HU buttons.

MalGib
28-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Buy an IceLink Plus from www.thecarkitcompany.com.au which comes with a cradle and plugs into the CD changer connector at the bottom of the headunit.
I have one and its freakin sweet! U can also control the iPod via the Steering wheel/HU buttons.

hey great idea EuroDude, but am I reading the price right? ... $299? ... and $499 installed? ... gees! thats more than the mp3 player is worth! Considering its using the in-car sound system amp and controls, thats an awful lot of cold hard cash for an adapter! Have I got it wrong?

EuroDude
28-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Well yeah it is alot of money but the unit is now $249, not $299. Considering the Honda MP3 option is $1000, or a decent aftermarket HU is $500+, its a good price considering, especially if you already have an iPod :)

ps. You can get something like the Audison SRx3 Amp to run off the stock HU speaker wires and drive a Sub and the fronts or rears.

yfin
28-05-2006, 09:47 PM
Not worth even $249 - go with the soundgate for around $80US. Plenty of threads on it but you don't get the track shift up and down (big deal - if you mount your ipod in a decent spot it isn't hard to reach to shift the track).

EuroDude
28-05-2006, 10:27 PM
True, but with the IceLink, you can place the iPod in the front CD holder bay out of view, and pop open the door when in use so you can see the track names, or Videos :) I personally find the steering wheel controls very useful especially when looking for a certain track, plus its much safer when driving.

EuroDude
29-05-2006, 05:49 PM
The MY06 trip computer comes with a speed-alarm function. It's bloody irritating to set though.

erm my 06 doesnt have a Speed Alarm :o

I hold "i" for three seconds and toggle through the options, I have Language, CHG Setting, etc... but "Speed Alarm" is nowhere to be seen.

tanalasta
29-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Hmm... I remember seeing it in the instruction booklet. I'll have to have another play next time I get around to it to see if I'm remembering correctly.

EuroDude
29-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Yeah the manual mentions Adaptive Cruise Control and the Speed Alarm, but our Euro's didnt get those features :(

MiSloVic
24-06-2006, 10:56 PM
Yeah the manual mentions Adaptive Cruise Control and the Speed Alarm, but our Euro's didnt get those features :(

yup.. i saw the 'speed alarm' thingy in my manual, but can't find that in the trip computer. :(

hondaskywalker
25-06-2006, 02:52 AM
Friends as my other thead conveys... I own both the 1998 HONDA ACCORD V6-L and the new 2006 HONDA ACCORD EURO... have to say, despite the 8 year gap and of course totally different exterior look... I personally think the 1998 HONDA ACCORD V6-L is better... drives smoother, has more room in the back, looks better inside and is much more comfortable to drive... I am a bit dissapointed with the new Accord... if anyone has ever driven a well-maintained and top-notch HONDA ACCORD V6-L you'll understand what I am talking about.... anyone agree?

Cranial
26-06-2006, 12:58 PM
Seems like everyone's gone off topic regarding this thread! haha

Anyway - my gripes with my 05 Accord Euro (which I'm sure some would have the same probs)
- Clutch vibrating/clicking (being looked at by Scotts today)
- Various door/dash rattles (can't do much about that)
- Brake shudder (I've done 35k km's but pads still good, also got Scotts to look at it today)
- Power-sapping A/C
- Rear crossbar squeak
- Throttle-lag (silly DBW)
- Wheel alignment (get's knocked out so easily!)
- AND... my cars' been keyed down the drivers side! :(

primetimex
26-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Please add to the list:

- A/C which makes stupid noises from high whistling noises in the '03 Euro as well as now the '06 Euro small rustling noises from A/C Gas circulating ! (supposedly)

jamwyn
26-06-2006, 04:30 PM
Fuel Efficiency for Auto Trannys!!!..

Worst - 13.8L/100km

Best - 10.1L/100km respectively. And i dont have a heavy foot either.

K24A
26-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Refering to da 06 Euro...da stock rims dont look gud and also da part under the rear speakers where it can be seen in da boot looks chatty...

BusterSonic12
26-06-2006, 04:35 PM
on my 06 euro, there meant to be a speed alarm in the multi info display. But i somehow can't find it, even tho i followed the steps refering inside the Honda Accord Euro Manual Pg102- 103.
Can someone help me out? they would not missied the function right?

erm my 06 doesnt have a Speed Alarm :o I hold "i" for three seconds and toggle through the options, I have Language, CHG Setting, etc... but "Speed Alarm" is nowhere to be seen.

Hmm... I remember seeing it in the instruction booklet. I'll have to have another play next time I get around to it to see if I'm remembering correctly.

yup.. i saw the 'speed alarm' thingy in my manual, but can't find that in the trip computer. :(

Can we do something about it?? would honda doing anything to fix it?

EuroDude
26-06-2006, 04:43 PM
It appears to be an optional component which we didnt get. :(

Honda should update the manual to say "Some countries only".

BusterSonic12
26-06-2006, 04:59 PM
have you asked honda that?
i m going to ring up tomorrow, pretend to be super super dooper angry :p but i kinda want it, since i m on red P, i can warn myself when over speed limit !!

It appears to be an optional component which we didnt get. :(

Honda should update the manual to say "Some countries only".

hondaskywalker
26-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Look to be fair, the Honda Accord Euro looks crazy.... very nice - no one can say anything about that... HOWEVER, look inside and it's just too squashy, has too much plastic and is designed in a way that makes you grasp for air.... compare it to a 1998 Honda Accord V6-Luxury and it will blow the Euro skyhigh!!!!

MiSloVic
26-06-2006, 07:45 PM
have you asked honda that?
i m going to ring up tomorrow, pretend to be super super dooper angry :p but i kinda want it, since i m on red P, i can warn myself when over speed limit !!

yeah! the speed alarm is something very very useful, especially for a car that is so stable and quiet on speed.. just a few days after getting my car.. i've found myself driving at 20km/h over the speed limit many times!

stephen8512
26-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Look to be fair, the Honda Accord Euro looks crazy.... very nice - no one can say anything about that... HOWEVER, look inside and it's just too squashy, has too much plastic and is designed in a way that makes you grasp for air.... compare it to a 1998 Honda Accord V6-Luxury and it will blow the Euro skyhigh!!!!

i agree that the rear seating is a bit squashy in the euro, but i dont really see the euro as a family car. more like a medium sized sport-oriented car aimed at people aged between 25 and 35.
i wouldnt say it would blow it skyhigh. the 6th gen has just as much plastic as the euro IMO.

also, try comparing the current 7th gen ACCORD luxury with the v6 to your 6th gen v6-L instead of comparing it to the euro.

EuroDude
26-06-2006, 08:05 PM

We all have our own opinions. this is my opinion...

stale 90's design, cheap looking plastics, busy ugly center dash, boring sterile steering wheel, aging lines, ugly in-your-face glove box, generally cold looking interior
http://members.shaw.ca/stevescarcare/images/honda/accordafter3.jpg
Sleek modern design, great colour tones, quality plastics, brilliant comfortable steering wheel, generally warm inviting interior
http://www.autobytel.com/images/carpics/testDrv/TSX/650/TSX_interior2.jpg
its the acura tsx interior, but close enuf ;-) I dont find the euro interior squishy at all - coming from a little eg civic

You need to buy yourself a Euro my friend ;)

yfin
26-06-2006, 08:08 PM
You need to buy yourself a Euro my friend ;)
He owns a Euro too! That is what makes his comments so interesting. :eek:

I hope skywalker sticks around - love his phraseology - Euro interior makes him 'gasp for air'! Love it. We need people to challenge our thinking sometimes. I remember Faiz, one member who hated his Euro (it oversteered too much apparently). He got bagged a bit (he was on his Ls) - but he was a source of great entertainment sometimes. He eventually left this forum unfortunately :( So stick around skywalker. :thumbsup:

BusterSonic12
26-06-2006, 08:18 PM
going to nut at the honda dealers about the speed alarm :P
for space, it's ok since it so more a sport car to me than a family car, plus i hardly have people at the back so ya it's all cool :D

2jz
26-06-2006, 09:22 PM
Near impossible to get lint off the fabric part of the half fabric/half leather(vinyl) seat

yfin
26-06-2006, 10:58 PM
Near impossible to get lint off the fabric part of the half fabric/half leather(vinyl) seat

I thought so too until I tried a different vacuum cleaner. I used the Miele cleaner at my parents house - yanked up the dial to 1800 watts, used one of those small window sill attachments, and it did the best job on those Euro seats I have ever seen. That vacuum cleaner must have a supercharger, VTEC or something as it kicks ass.

2jz
26-06-2006, 11:33 PM
That's because they r Miele!!! I will try my panasonic then! Mine is a euro sport and i think the fabric might be different?

EuroDude
26-06-2006, 11:36 PM
Have you tried those funky lint remover brushes? They should do the trick.
http://www.rushimprint.com/images/1105820870.jpg

2jz
27-06-2006, 12:30 AM
Have you tried those funky lint remover brushes? They should do the trick.
http://www.rushimprint.com/images/1105820870.jpg

Where can you get them from?

BusterSonic12
27-06-2006, 12:38 AM
free from the plane :P
i got an auto, don't like the limit of 2nd gear to 1st gear :( but it's an auto after all oh well

hondaskywalker
27-06-2006, 01:46 AM
Guys, the EURO, despite it's nice looks, new gadgets inside and nice backside... it's a shyte box... I swear it is... I regret buing it!

aaronng
27-06-2006, 02:09 AM
Wooo... I'm going to sit on the sidelines and watch this. I agree that the quality of the plastics is nothing compared to our 1994 CD4 Accord. But the design and engine/suspension is heaps better.

BiLL|z0r
27-06-2006, 08:01 AM
skywalker, if you hate it that much sell the focker. Did you even test drive it before you bought it? The dealer I bought mine from has a 101% money back satisfaction guarantee.

94_Accord
27-06-2006, 09:17 AM
i dont like how they wont come out in black with a black interior.. lol

when my olds brought theirs home thats the first thing i cracked the shytes at!

Cranial
27-06-2006, 09:18 AM
I have to say that I used to own a 1989 Legend - I traded that in for the Euro actually. The Legend definately had better plastics and trim, but its handling fall way short of the Euro. If I wanted plush comfort - I would have kept my Legend.
By the way though, I must admit that I still miss my Legend - it was one sweet ride! (lowered, exhaust, 18" rims - unique!)

Dray_Templar
27-06-2006, 10:06 AM
the thing i hate most about the Euro, is that i don't own one :'( atleast if i owned one i could sell it and buy another Accord V6-L :)

blackeuro
18-12-2006, 12:35 AM
No Mp3 Player!!!

badthing
18-12-2006, 09:09 AM
No Mp3 Player!!!

The mp3 player comes as a $1000 option :)

blackeuro
18-12-2006, 09:27 AM
thats a joke considering the lux model is over $40k.
they coulda done a lil better. :thumbdwn:

aaronng
18-12-2006, 09:34 AM
thats a joke considering the lux model is over $40k.
they coulda done a lil better. :thumbdwn:

Being only 1k, you could negotiate for the mp3 player to be thrown in with the car before you bought it.

Merlin086
18-12-2006, 01:24 PM
I hate that my dealer didn't throw in a MP3 player for someone to steal while my car is unlocked in the garage with the door chime not going off to wake me up..............

.........lol......:eek:

EuroDude
18-12-2006, 01:49 PM
The mp3 player comes as a $1000 option :)

When the module itself probably only costs $10 to manufacturer
lol =\

Thats where Honda make money, with accessories and rip off lux models ::zip:
Which is why the base models are such good value

MiSloVic
18-12-2006, 06:57 PM
When the module itself probably only costs $10 to manufacturer
lol =\

Thats where Honda make money, with accessories and rip off lux models ::zip:
Which is why the base models are such good value

now, has anyone used a FM transmitter for the euro?

EuroDude
18-12-2006, 07:50 PM

I'm sure some people do, but for audio quality, you are better off getting an iPod adapter and a 30/60/80GB iPod Video, which all up costs from roughly $500 to $750. Plus you can use the steering wheel buttons to control the iPod.
(Search ozhonda for "IceLink")

tanalasta
18-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Crappy speakers and headunit quality. As in sound quality. Also, there was absolutely no reason why they couldn't incorporate mp3 into a yearly upgrade ... perhaps it's on the works for a future update.

Also don't like the fact there's no sunroof in the sports model.

Lose a lot of functions compared to the TSX equivalent.

Lots of wind noise.

FM transmitter works fine in an Euro.

aaronng
18-12-2006, 08:34 PM

I have. Let's just say that with the Euro's speakers, you'll hear the electronic interference noise if the transmitter is powered by your 12v socket. On a Holden Astra, no such problem as the speakers on the Astra does not have as good a high end.

blk05gli
18-12-2006, 08:34 PM

i use an FM transmitter with my ipaq - works well through the stock euro system and i still have volume control on the steering wheel. :thumbsup:

nick_7g
18-12-2006, 09:26 PM
You can't go for a 5 minute drive without seeing atleast 10 of them.

Lack of fancy extras/option like O/S models on my 04. Oh and no trip computer on my 04 damn it. Oh and no ful sized spare on my 04. I really wish i had waited 4 months.

I've used a belkin FM with car power and it comes out nicely.

But all these things are trivial compared to quality and great value of the Euro.

^__^ SM ^__^
18-12-2006, 09:43 PM
I use the Monster iCarPlay Plus and it's really good.. Bass is very very good for a FM transmitter.

EuroDude
19-12-2006, 08:08 AM
You can't go for a 5 minute drive without seeing atleast 10 of them.

not as bad as seeing 100 camry's or 200 commodores lol

akira
19-12-2006, 10:14 AM
seen lots of them aorund and its getting to common.couple of my mates own one now. looks alright but...
- wheels really put it off...bloody tiny compare to the car itself
- feels very heavy when you drive...probably its because its a family car
- cant really change much of the interior itself

edw-R
19-12-2006, 09:25 PM
I hate the 16" wheel. Too small for EURO.

tron07
20-12-2006, 08:59 AM
I hate the way the door spring open or close... was very afraid that it might spring open into a metal pole, concreate wall or something. I got slam by the door too, trying to get out in a small space and the door spring back close knocking me on my chest.

EuroDude
20-12-2006, 09:11 AM
^ lol true dat. Although u get used to it, and it loosens up a bit after a while

tron07
20-12-2006, 09:25 AM
I dont really mind cause I am taking care when opening the door... dem worry if a mate or some chick open the door and it spring into a pole denting the door....

EuroDude
20-12-2006, 09:30 AM
^ Good point. Maybe u can sand down the metal notches or somthing

tron07
20-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Just thought another thing, the clutch and the foot rest are too near to each other, sometimes when depressing the clutch, will also hit the foot rest, and my shoes are not even that huge.... I got small feet.

aaronng
20-12-2006, 01:46 PM
Just thought another thing, the clutch and the foot rest are too near to each other, sometimes when depressing the clutch, will also hit the foot rest, and my shoes are not even that huge.... I got small feet.

I've got big feet and that has never happened to me. :)

bluedez_man
20-12-2006, 03:16 PM

Lol. I haven't had a problem. I think there is plenty of space......but then again, my last car was a Mirage.

VirIIx
20-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Lol. I haven't had a problem. I think there is plenty of space......but then again, my last car was a Mirage.

Totally have to agree with Blue.

The Euro has plenty of space between foot rest and the pedals. When I wear sport shoes it still has plenty of room and even with the massive wide colorado leather shoes it fits - and another pair of massive wide shoes i have...

I was surprised to find so much leg room for pedals available.

If you want tight.. you should see my Liberty... or try the WRX, that's a tight fit.

aaronng
20-12-2006, 04:04 PM
Haha, I wear chunky Timberland shoes when I drive. Wait til you try the Daihatsu Terios. There is no space to put your foot comfortably.

VirIIx
20-12-2006, 04:13 PM
Haha, I wear chunky Timberland shoes when I drive. Wait til you try the Daihatsu Terios. There is no space to put your foot comfortably.

But you're a big tall boy aaron :p

IAMVTEC
20-12-2006, 05:23 PM
If youre good you can drive in anything. I drive better in sandals

Fr3aKi3
20-12-2006, 06:32 PM
If youre good you can drive in anything. I drive better in sandals

I guess all racing drivers must be really bad then since they "only" wear racing shoes when they race...

bluedez_man
20-12-2006, 06:44 PM

Haha. I Can imagine. I used to have to take my shoes off to drive my ex's Barina. If I drove with my shoes on I found that I was hitting the brakes while I was accelerating, and hitting the accelerator when I was breaking.:thumbdwn:

aaronng
20-12-2006, 07:01 PM
I guess all racing drivers must be really bad then since they "only" wear racing shoes when they race...

Ayrton Senna tested the NSX during its release wearing leather loafers!

Fr3aKi3
20-12-2006, 07:32 PM
but Senna is a driving GOD.....

ZEi20T
20-12-2006, 08:38 PM
i use an FM transmitter with my ipaq - works well through the stock euro system and i still have volume control on the steering wheel. :thumbsup:

what frequency do you use for th transmitter? i cant seem to find anything that doesnt get noisy as i go through different suburbs

aaronng
20-12-2006, 08:41 PM
He's human.

Silver-Arrowz
20-12-2006, 09:48 PM
As much as a Senna fan I am, he is human. The way he ended is no way for hero to bow out but he is human after all.

I have nothing to hate about my Euro. Give me a few months and I'll find something to complain about.

jasonbb
21-12-2006, 11:01 AM
I was using 107.9 for the FM transmitter, still get some interference. I just got a car kit installed for the iPod, much better.

What I dont like:
Not enough power down low (I came out of a VY V8 Calais)
Doesn't cut out the radio when you get a phone call on the car kit.
No pause button for Cd's or Cd/Aux (iPod)
More tyre noise than the Calais but is quieter in the cabin.
Average cup holders (Great in the Calais where they spring out of the dash)
No dipping left mirror.
In sports mode or manual the gear changes should be allot quicker.

Other than that its a good car, pretty good ride, smooth 5 speed auto.

kman2k
02-09-2007, 12:44 PM
My previous car was Accord 01 ... and now Accord Euro.

The only thing I don't like about Accord Euro is the horn button on the steering wheel is too sensitive ....which is very annoy.!!!!

terryansimon
02-09-2007, 12:58 PM

The only thing I don't like about Accord Euro is the horn button on the steering wheel is too sensitive ....which is very annoy.!!!!

I agree. I have accidentally pressed the horn on several occasions when I use my thumb to cancel the cruise control.

Adagio
02-09-2007, 05:13 PM

They must have changed the sensitivity as mine is just fine. Just as well you don't have to struggle with a Peugeot button which is on the end of the trafficator stalk. I do find the trafficator stalk in the Euro is too close to the steering wheel as my knuckles sometime hit it, usually when they're white :o.

xanctus
02-09-2007, 08:46 PM
I don't like the fact the tachometre is like regular USDM Accord, compare to TSX.
I don't like the fact that HID is not a standard.
I don't like the fact that my stock wheels are 16"

hahahaha other than that I am loving it.

jnancarrow
02-09-2007, 09:03 PM
I've got an 07 Lux and here's what I don't like:

Sunroof button in awkward spot
Drink holder box opens the wrong way around for the driver
about 1" too high in the arches
CD player doesn't show track time
Climate control doesn't seem to come out the forward dash vents?
Touchy throttle down low

Other than that, I reckon it's a great car and cr*ps on any similar car at that price.

luxobarge
02-09-2007, 09:29 PM
- They included remote windows down but not up.

- The big speedo with smaller tacho on the left - IMO it would look much better if they were both the same size.

- The glove box is too damn small.

Still think its an excellent car and im very happy i made the choice to purchase it.

V205
02-09-2007, 10:46 PM
I can't believe they haven't resolved the DBW throttle surge issue.

Ragerunner
02-09-2007, 11:33 PM
I am generally very happy with the Euro, but as mentioned there are a few annoying bits like:

The distance between the tyre and arch is too big.

I don't really like the chrome grill in the later Euro models

CD Player doesn't show the name of the track or artist being played

jnancarrow
03-09-2007, 12:12 AM

In my 07, it's not surge it's just touchy.

tony1234
03-09-2007, 08:17 AM
That's the most annoying fault on the Euro.BTW i believe the JTUNE reflash reduces the sensitivity issue.

BusterSonic12
03-09-2007, 08:41 AM
only i don't like, is the auto 1st gear is tooo long comparing to manual

r-r-redEuro
03-09-2007, 11:21 AM
i hate the wheel arch its too big

i dont know how to set my speed alarm LOL someone pm me please ><"

the half leather and halve velvet seats are hard to clean with vacuum compared to full leather.

cant think of anymore but until next time.

devilians
03-09-2007, 12:34 PM
I point is if you hate ur euro why did you buy?
I will say more like things you want to have or things will be better with
things I want to have
*Auto fold side mirrors
*Better looking stock wheels on 07 luxury
*location of sunroof switch
after all i don't hate my Euro I'm loving it but room for improvment
makes it more fun having to trun you own car into the way you want

tron07
03-09-2007, 03:20 PM
I've got an 07 Lux and here's what I don't like:

Sunroof button in awkward spot
Drink holder box opens the wrong way around for the driver
about 1" too high in the arches
CD player doesn't show track time
Climate control doesn't seem to come out the forward dash vents?
Touchy throttle down low

Other than that, I reckon it's a great car and cr*ps on any similar car at that price.

I think you can press the mode thingy do direct air to the forward dash vents....
You will get use to the throttle... its pretty nice once you get the feel of it.

03-09-2007, 04:27 PM
the latch/lock for the glove box is crapola, to much pulling force needed to open it (one handed that it), i think thats why most peoples boxes are now alittle lop sided (all the euros i personally know have this prob), as in the gap is not uniform across the whole glove box. so you need to use one hand to push the box and the other to pull the latch.

a small gripe for a great car.

tanalasta
03-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Glove box latch is crap - I agree and that it often 'catches'. I don't use much pulling force but find that giving the glove box a good 'whack' will release it. Try that first 80057 rather than snapping the glove box :P

Potenza REO40's wear too quickly, especially with a tyrewear rating of 180. I just replaced these with the less noisy C-drives for $1200 fitted/aligned/balanced. They don't grip quite so well (understeers more) but are otherwise fine.

Paint chips easily.

Replacing any part is expensive.

Agree that the half leather/half velvet is too hard to vacuum.

Wish they had a sunroof in the limited/sport edition + Xenons which would just be perfect. Or at least as an option.

Window scratches tint too easily if felt not applied and excessive wind-noise if the tint installer bent the trim back instead.

Radio antennae gain is a bit low and causes some problems occasionally with my iTrip boost nano.

Rear legroom is a bit lacking/cramped, especially room under the seats.

Automatic transmission, especially from first to second isn't very smooth on my car.

Paint chips easily.

I think that's all I can think of at the moment. By the way, I love my car!

04-09-2007, 01:30 PM
bah, i hardly use the glove box, the centre console compartment is big enough for my bits and pieces, only the log books are in the glove box.

eurofan
04-09-2007, 03:32 PM
1. owners manual is super thick. honda can customise the Euro for different countries but can't edit the owners manual to be relevant to that country? it occupies close to half the glove compartment!

2. for the 5AT - in tiptronic mode, it automatically downshifts, and sometimes does not allow the driver to upshift if the car is perceived to be going too slowly.

aaronng
04-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Don't leave the heavy manual in the glovebox. You'll find your glovebox sagging on the right side after a while. ;)

tron07
04-09-2007, 05:07 PM
I put the entertainment book inside, with my CD case.

LXRY
04-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Not gonna bitch too much, cause I love this forum and you guyz all cool, but.......time to knit pick hehe.....

MODEL - 06 Euro LXRY automatic...

1) Bad blind spot on drivers side (for my height anyway)

2) Rattles scattered through the interior of the car ( glovebox, dash in several locations :- windscreen, sunroof issues, power window switches, speaker pods, rear parcel shelf. (solution....EARPLUGS !!)

3) Not enough power

4) Stock height like driving a 4wd, LOL

5) Squeeky drivers seat

6) Lost alot of money btw seat and centre console still havn't got em out (like a money box...tight !!)

7) Front doors too heavy, easy to slam (was told they real doors)

8) Tint scratching problems...had them replaced three times, they changed the trims too softer/different ones now can hear the road.

9) Carpets/mats SH*t !! Wear too easily (cheap)

10) OEM tyres CRAP !! (have cheap written all over it)

11) Need fast foward on the steering wheel...FULL function steering wheel, DAMN IT !!

12) Tramlining (shocking)

13) Heater/Ac lets out bad odour when I accelerate

14) Lack of colour selection, both interior and out

15) No automatic closure of sunroof.

16) No memory for drivers seat.

17) Oem mp3 player $600-$700.......ROFLOL

18) Oem battery equivilent to mazda 121 battery (cheap !!)

19) Alignment issues :mad:

20) Lack of customer support from Honda Australia....."We all wrong, our car is invinsible/faultless attitude" not too mention denial of problems (thank god for the internet and forums like this one).

Too answer some of the questions regarding " Then why did you buy one?".......most of these problems appeared 5000 klm's + stupid me didn't do my homework first.

Value for money, YES....If you want to buy a motor, drivetrain.

Ragerunner
04-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Interesting...I don't really seem to get/notice most of the problems you mentioned LXRY.

Maybe the euro YOU got in particular wasn't made well or you are just too picky hehe.

I think the euro has plenty of power, but that depends on what you drove before, and it's something you'd research before you buy.

Although I do agree there are some things a lot of people hate about the euro, I think the euro has the least amount of things to hate about in comparison to other cars in the same price range, e.g. Mazda 6.
So it's a matter of which car has the least of problems because I'm sure we all know there is no such thing as a perfect car =P

aaronng
04-09-2007, 08:51 PM
After having the whole runthrough on a Merc C280 at the dealership, it makes the Euro look so pathetic in terms of build quality, luxury, safety, features, control, engine power, handling, zero rattles at ear splittling audio volume and it even has Continental ContiPremiumSport2 tyres as stock! :)

Jegi#5
04-09-2007, 09:16 PM
only i don't like, is the auto 1st gear is tooo long comparing to manual

That would be because it's a 5 spd as opposed to the manual's 6. Just buy a manual and you've got no complaints. :p

Well for me there are too many rattles for a car of this price most notably from the sunroof shade that you slide. Also sometime's it's hard starting. Honda told me this is because sometimes the car doesn't read the signals from the key causing a hard start however for a car of this price you would expect it to start easily. My dad's 01 Mitsubishi Verada has no problems, why can't a bloody 06 Honda.

r-r-redEuro
04-09-2007, 09:29 PM
yeah sometimes its so hard to start my engine i thought it was going to die. whats wrong with it ? its like not enough fuel going to the ignition and it shakes like your about to stall a manual.

Jegi#5
04-09-2007, 09:46 PM
yeah sometimes its so hard to start my engine i thought it was going to die. whats wrong with it ? its like not enough fuel going to the ignition and it shakes like your about to stall a manual.

Well I find that if you turn the key and keep it on ACC until the green key in the dash stops flashing and then twist the key to start it, it greatly reduces the chance of a hard start. Still not bullet proof though. This is what my Honda dealer told me, but it still happens on and off, not as much as before however.

r-r-redEuro
04-09-2007, 10:39 PM
oh alright thanks for that i'll give it a go tommorow.

robburl
04-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Your drivers auto window up is probably caused by dirty window guides. Clean them to make sure the window slides easily should fix the problem.

aaronng
04-09-2007, 11:49 PM

It's supposedly caused by some emissions thingy. Anyway, what I do is let the engine idle for about 10 seconds before I turn the engine off. It reduces the amount of unburnt fuel left in the cylinder when you turn off the engine.

r-r-redEuro
05-09-2007, 12:14 AM
It's supposedly caused by some emissions thingy. Anyway, what I do is let the engine idle for about 10 seconds before I turn the engine off. It reduces the amount of unburnt fuel left in the cylinder when you turn off the engine.

yeah ive read that off you ages ago and forgot. and now you just reminded me it could be that.

but its been happening again lately, servicing 5000km, soon so i'll talk to honda.

thanks for that

aimre
05-09-2007, 01:57 AM
its FWD

IAMVTEC
05-09-2007, 02:09 AM
After having the whole runthrough on a Merc C280 at the dealership, it makes the Euro look so pathetic in terms of build quality, luxury, safety, features, control, engine power, handling, zero rattles at ear splittling audio volume and it even has Continental ContiPremiumSport2 tyres as stock! :)

Well what do you expect its twice the price of the Euro.

The Euro is what it is, a nice medium size family car. Its not a sports car, its not a luxury car, if you see it for what it is its great, if not youre gonna be disappointed.

By all accounts the new C class seems great. If only it looked better. :(

_CiVIC_
05-09-2007, 09:03 AM
its too fockn modest... i miss my type S :(