PDA

View Full Version : Please Read: Pillow Ball top mounts

spetz
11-08-2005, 11:57 PM
Ok I know this is a Honda forum... but I need help.

What brands are available for CE lancer's/mirages?

I have found D2 making them. They come with their coilover kit and are sold separately but after calling them I am not sure if they would work with other brand coilovers which I have on my car.

So, what brands of pillowball top mounts are available? I have Fulcrum coilovers which fit the standard top mount.
I am guessing that MAYBE evo ones may fit? FTO ones may fit??? I know on both of these cars the bolt pattern is the same on the top.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
And if people could just give me some contact details of some suspension places who may be able to source such things that would also be greatly appreciated

e240
12-08-2005, 09:01 AM
I read somewhere that adjustable pillowball mounts are useless for most Honda's because of the way the suspensions are designed.

So you might want to re-consider getting a set unless you want it just as as a decorative item.

I just picked up a new set of D2s for my Civic....Very nicely machined parts I mus say... Smells good too! Hahahahah....

bennjamin
12-08-2005, 10:00 AM
yup afaik the camber cannot be adjusted via a pillowball on hondas . . . perhaps it is the same on your mitsubishi.
Either dont lower your car too much or invest in a custom/adjustable front upper arm etc.

wynode
12-08-2005, 10:27 AM
Do Lancer's / Mirages have a McPharson strut setup (as opposed to the common Double wishbone setup on most current Honda's)?

spetz
12-08-2005, 02:07 PM
Yeah I have McPherson so that's how my camber is adjusted (that and camber pins on the knuckles).
And you guys are correct Honda's use double wishbone suspension so top mounts wont do anything for alignment.

My problem though is not that I have too much camber, but rather too little and want more. I am already using K-Mac top mounts but they are no good

wynode
12-08-2005, 03:11 PM
I'm not too sure of top mounts but you could try looking at DC5 items as they use a Macpherson strut setup. Gluck!