PDA

View Full Version : noise weird

Dtegra
13-08-2005, 12:05 AM
hey guys got a funny noise comin from my engine bay,it happened first time wednesday nite..and i thought it was a driveshaft or sumthin bout to come out so i had em replaced coz they were a lil screwed anywyas got it all back sweet as car was fine then the noise came tonite..
its like a tyre rubbing noise it comes in and out i have no idea i thought maybe gearbox or sumthing but i dont think so eveythings sweet then i thought diff but the cv guys said it was fine im so confused, anyone else had these problems

Mz Integrra
13-08-2005, 12:25 AM
I've been hearing a noise with my car for a while ... the only thing I can liken it to is the sound of popcorn popping lol Don't know what it is and no mechanic I've taken it to can find the problem as of yet.
Could it be something to do with your transmission?

doctor411
13-08-2005, 12:31 AM
surely a competent mechanic can atleast identify where the noise is coming from ??

Felix
13-08-2005, 11:07 AM
hey guys got a funny noise comin from my engine bay,it happened first time wednesday nite..and i thought it was a driveshaft or sumthin bout to come out so i had em replaced coz they were a lil screwed anywyas got it all back sweet as car was fine then the noise came tonite..
its like a tyre rubbing noise it comes in and out i have no idea i thought maybe gearbox or sumthing but i dont think so eveythings sweet then i thought diff but the cv guys said it was fine im so confused, anyone else had these problems

Power steering....?

spardikis
13-08-2005, 06:44 PM
sounds like the power steering....also checked your belts?? check em for rubbing/wearing

VtecHungry
17-08-2005, 08:48 PM
i had the same problem thing was the power steering pump got a small leak and when i was driving, would throw power steering oil onto the belts made them slip pretty bad, pretty easy to fix, got the pump reco, and new belt

does it happen t low rpms and while turning, ie putting strain on your power steering system

pintorulz
15-09-2005, 12:36 AM
i always hear a hmmmmmmmmming vibrating noise when ever i turn my steering wheel to the left.. any ideas wat it could be???

OZ#227
15-09-2005, 05:17 AM
CV Joint ???

kOncept
15-09-2005, 06:03 AM
i reckon check powersteering too...

I've been hearing a noise with my car for a while ... the only thing I can liken it to is the sound of popcorn popping lol Don't know what it is and no mechanic I've taken it to can find the problem as of yet.
Could it be something to do with your transmission?

i could be wrong but isn't that suppose to be the sound of your engine knocking? like a metal rattling sound right? it is only when you try to push the car hard in a high gear?

DHOCHKG
19-09-2005, 08:34 PM
i always hear a hmmmmmmmmming vibrating noise when ever i turn my steering wheel to the left.. any ideas wat it could be???

I think is CV joint as well..!
as i on my LS got the same problem..
but to replace it isnt that expensive..! around $500 inc labour

2NTICN
19-09-2005, 11:30 PM
could be a bearing in ur gearbox...

Dtegra
19-09-2005, 11:48 PM
hey guys ...OLD thread..since fixed the problem i had a fukd diff..replaced with brand new and all new bearings through my hole gearbox...800 good ole hannyz to many damn launches at WSID thats wat screwed it