PDA

View Full Version : Install Amplifier

starching
13-08-2005, 04:50 AM
Anyone install the Amplifier with the original Audio?
if so, How can I do it?

thx

Tu88y
13-08-2005, 08:51 AM
Yes you can install a amp with your existing head unit. What you need to do is get a RCA converter. Which will convert your audio line on the head unit to RCA.

yfin
13-08-2005, 09:04 AM
Moving to Audio forum - also please provide more info in post title - ie I don't even know what car your question relates to.:wave:

-MuGen PoWer-
13-08-2005, 09:26 AM
ive got a set of RCA converters if that helps?

vividjazz
13-08-2005, 01:19 PM
You might get alot of noise with the factory head unit. They were not really built to run an amp - built to a price. Its only a bit over a couple of hundred bucks for an aftermarket unit that will play MP3s and CDRs and that has at least one set of line outs for your amp.

Remember some manufacturers (NOT Honda) proudly spend not more than $US99c on each speaker.

Even an expensive car doesn't guarantee you good factory sound gear. Jaguar (owned by Ford) puts in the same weird 7x8 speakers as an AU Ford Falcon.

mugeneration
13-08-2005, 07:36 PM
yeh youd get better performance for price if you were to forget the amp for the moment and buy a head unit, speaker package. You can even get a decent full sound system package for not too much over 1 grand. Once you start spending cash on a sound system, its hard to stop! lol so get it all in one go.

Btw, factory speakers are poor. My factories were 15 watt max. Itd b a pretty cheap amp that could run speakers with that low wattage without blowing them up lol even most head units these days have higher wattage internal amps that this value.

But if cash is limited, just get a head unit. You'll get more functionality and better sound on factory speakers. My recommendations - pioneer mp3 h/u, alpine h/u or clarion h/u