PDA

View Full Version : S2000 - OK for Melb/Syd daily driving?

Rock
13-08-2005, 12:38 PM
A few questions :

1. Just wondering if any existing owners have had problems dealing with a 2 seater car on a daily basis. Can the car handle traffic or does one need to rev it bit to get it going?

2. What can you fit in the boot? Spacious enough for a couple of luggages?

3. What sort of price range am I expecting for an S2000 based on the year of manufacture?

4. Is the aussie S2000 available with the rear glass window or is that plastic?

PLES2K
13-08-2005, 01:49 PM
1. Just wondering if any existing owners have had problems dealing with a 2 seater car on a daily basis. Can the car handle traffic or does one need to rev it bit to get it going?
Even though i'm from Adelaide, i find city traffic fine like any other manual car i have driven. Just have to change gears more often as I usually drive it upto 3rd or 4th gear in the city to avoid attention from the revving noise. At around 4000rpm the engine is screaming loudly already.

2. What can you fit in the boot? Spacious enough for a couple of luggages?
The biggest thing i manage to fit in the boot is a home CD player in its large box. You won't be able to fit a couple of decent size luggages.

3. What sort of price range am I expecting for an S2000 based on the year of manufacture?
1999 model are around $40,000 depending on kms, some are below $40gs :eek:

4. Is the aussie S2000 available with the rear glass window or is that plastic?
The Aus 99-01 comes with the plastic, and all 02+ built comes with the glass.

.::F[L]Y::.
13-08-2005, 05:07 PM
As PLES2K mentioned the S2K drives like any other manual car in traffic, though if the revs are too low i have found that the car jerks. The car is ideal for freeway driving though.

The 2 seater factor isnt an issue with me but if your one of those ppl who likes to drive a group of mates around then it might be a pain in the ass.

Storage wise the S2K is very limited with very little storage imo

in terms of pricing, i have found that buying inthe colder months you can save up to a couple of thousand, 99-00 models nowadays i have seen go for 35-39k mark depending on kilometers.

basically the S2K is designed as a roadster for the 'driver' with one thing in mind...fun drivin. If your after a car which offers heaps of storage capaicty and the ability to ferry mates around then this car is not for you....id recommend a euro accord :)

Rock
14-08-2005, 02:18 AM
Thanks, I was earlier deciding between the s2000 and the integra, but realised that there is something special about the s2000 which I may only get to enjoy now rather than later.

CRXONE
10-11-2005, 04:33 PM
Just take a sit in an S2000. With the push bottun start and the hood off in the sun with the high revving engine.

I cant think of anything better. It shits all over an Integra anyday.

SiR JDM
12-11-2005, 01:44 AM
Sam, when you get back ill take you for a ride =) heaps of the melb boys got them now so ill just steal one for the day haha :p

But seriously, 2 seats i dont find a problem. I drive/passanger in an s2k most days and I use to own a delsol so i never found the 2 seater thing a problem, kinda liked it more.
Its not the most powerful or torquey thing but for daily driving its great ive found. Once it does get going (can tend to bog a bit on take off if you slip the clutch too much) it really is a very quick car. The 6 speed gbox is great too. Just pop it from 6th to 4th with the wrist and theres heaps of power for a quick overtake.

The boot isn't huge, but its not rediculously small. With a sub, it still has considerable room for backpacks, etc. Maybe 1 suitcase depending on size but it is a bit limited.

Depending on KM and Condition and your luck, as most of the guys said 35-40k is to be expected. Although, your a man whos good with words Sam and you can (and i Have seen more than once) them go for a bit under 35 (31-33 range) and still in great condition.

Just my 2c as some of the questions asked are personal opinion/preference.