PDA

View Full Version : Koni yellow height adjustable question

-MuGen PoWer-
14-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Hey,
i got a set of Koni yellow height and damper adjustable in a dc2 and i was wondering how would i adjust the height?
Can i just use springs clamps to clamp the springs and then change the height of the cup or do i have to take out the whole sussy?

bennjamin
14-08-2005, 11:04 AM
there are 2 adjustable clips on the front shocks , and 3 on the rear . You simply pull up/ or remove the spring , use a small flathead screwdriver to move the circle-clip to the desired height.
You CAN use a large screwdriver or pole to hold the spring up and do it ( if your springs are softish) OTHERWISE you will have to take the lot out and take out the spring to adjust the height.

PM me if u need help matey

paulosportz
14-08-2005, 03:41 PM
yeah i got these on the front and rear of the car.

u might have to take out your whole shock thought to compress the springs then just put the clip to its lowest setting

-MuGen PoWer-
14-08-2005, 09:31 PM
so you cant just use spring clamps to compress the springs and then adjust the cup?

bennjamin
14-08-2005, 11:02 PM
yup u can - it takes 2 people tho :)
We can do it soon mate !

-MuGen PoWer-
15-08-2005, 11:23 AM
thanks Ben, will contact you before the weekend

Snoop_gee
19-08-2005, 01:04 AM
with koni yellows are they compatible with super lows or any another other spring types? Or would you need some kind of adapter.

aozora
19-08-2005, 10:19 PM
with koni yellows are they compatible with super lows or any another other spring types? Or would you need some kind of adapter.

Konis are usually OEM replacement shocks... so whatever springs that are made for your car will fit... if that makes sense.
Adapter? o.O

Snoop_gee
20-08-2005, 12:18 AM
thanx aozora yeah i think u answer my question replacement shocks... so whatever springs that are made for your car will fit. Maybe i am thinking of coil overs or sumthing. I remember some1 told me about having adapters for the springs u use when using coil overs. I think though i aint an expert with sussy setups?

CTR Coupe
20-08-2005, 12:57 AM
thanx aozora yeah i think u answer my question replacement shocks... so whatever springs that are made for your car will fit. Maybe i am thinking of coil overs or sumthing. I remember some1 told me about having adapters for the springs u use when using coil overs. I think though i aint an expert with sussy setups?

You’re thinking of Ground Control coil overs. It needs special adaptors to keep the spring more stable with the sleave. This is what makes them better than the usual eBay coil overs. They designed each set to work with a specific shocker.

Snoop_gee
20-08-2005, 12:05 PM
You’re thinking of Ground Control coil overs. so for a car like mine 88 gen 2 crx would ground control coil overs be better than a shocks and spring setup?

HRV-80Y
22-08-2005, 11:51 AM
anyone know what the lowest koni yellowz can go ?

compatible with springs 3.5" ?

Boost
22-08-2005, 01:10 PM
i dont know if they suit springs that are lowered 3.5". Plus it also depends on spring stiffness. Dampers work to reduce oscillation and to work at their max potential they need to be abe to have its design length of stroke/travel. if you lower the car too much, you have also reduce the shocks allowable travel, thus prevent the shock to work properly.

alphabeatsco
22-08-2005, 02:34 PM
i wanna ask a question,
when u lower ur car, does it really affect the REAR control arm?
im afraid the exhaust pipng will hit the rear control control arm.

Z
22-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Is there any major issues with running the rear Koni's on the lowest height adjust? Ive heard you can sometimes get the spring slipping off the perch.

Im running King Lows is it makes a difference.

bigteethygrin
22-08-2005, 03:21 PM
camber may become an issue depending on how low you go.

luzinit
22-08-2005, 04:41 PM
springs may slip off the perch if the spring is too short, ie. cut springs etc, but if u buy proper springs, on the lowest perch should be ok, wouldnt machine any extra grooves to go lower than that lowest perch tho.

Boost
22-08-2005, 06:31 PM
machining extra slots for the seat is a cheap and nasty replacement for coilovers... and even then u dont have the full adjustment like coilovers..

paulosportz
23-08-2005, 01:40 AM
i got mine on the lowest setting, front and back along with king springs on a civic si

no problems so far!

DNYALL
23-08-2005, 06:16 PM
are they the super lows or just the lows. Getting the same set up next week. Need to know what kind of drop it is at lowest.

Boost
23-08-2005, 07:36 PM
its around 1 inch drop on the lowest setting.. then if u have lowered springs.. it loweres the car even more..

Z
23-08-2005, 10:36 PM
springs may slip off the perch if the spring is too short, ie. cut springs etc, but if u buy proper springs, on the lowest perch should be ok, wouldnt machine any extra grooves to go lower than that lowest perch tho.

Thanks chief.

nickiipoohz
23-08-2005, 10:44 PM
how much for koni adj. yellow?

CTR Coupe
24-08-2005, 04:31 AM
around 1k for shocks without springs

egSi
24-08-2005, 09:05 AM
Is there any major issues with running the rear Koni's on the lowest height adjust? Ive heard you can sometimes get the spring slipping off the perch.

Im running King Lows is it makes a difference.

mate i have koni yellows on lowest settin + king super lows, no probs mad setup nice low and stiff :thumbsup:

paulosportz
27-08-2005, 12:43 AM
i might suggest htough
those clip/rings 'may' need to be replaced
i raised my car few days ago cause i got a defect
and the clips do get abit weaker... as i went to put the fronts back in, and it unclipped twice while trying to refit
but seems to be fine now with load on it..

just a heads up