PDA

View Full Version : Minor Mod

free2d
14-08-2005, 02:36 PM
Hi,

There a few parts that I like to upgrade/install. I hope bros in the forum can comment or any experience with them.

What I already change:
HKS short ram, Spoon barke pads, Spoon front upper stut, 5Zigen single catback, test pipe, Mugen thermostat and fan switch.

Next will be:

1. HKS SLD speed remover (How it compare to Apexi RSM?),
2. Koni Yellow/Neuspeed front set shocks. Will keep the stock springs as I like the height.,
3. Short Shifter (Comptech or Neuspeed),
4. Brake Lines,

Thanks

toE
14-08-2005, 03:34 PM
I presume you are riding an Accord Euro aka CL7? :o

stephen8512
14-08-2005, 04:20 PM
I presume you are riding an Accord Euro aka CL7? :o

accord euro is actually AKA CL9, not CL7. CL7 is euro R :D

anyway, not sure about your other mods ur gonna do but a few of the pple have done the comtech shortshifter install. there should be a thread here somewhere if u do a search

sounds like a nice ride u got there man. post some piccies up

EuroAccord13
14-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Hi there;

You from Malaysia/Singapore? One thing being you guys like to call Bros :D...

You are enquiring about the speed limiter remover, that means your car is a parallel import right (Speed limited to 180km/h with a 180km/h speedo)? I've heard about the HKS speed meter but I've seen more people using the Apexi RSM to remove the speed cut, also, it looks better too IMO..

There have been a fair bit of us Euro owners using Comptech Short Shifter and there hasn't been problems with it, my only problem with it is that the instructions reads like it's easy to install but it actually isn't. With the shifter, I actually read Neuspeed's instruction (Easier)..

Koni Yellows are great shockers, not sure about the Neuspeed ones but they are very popular in USA...

As for the brake lines, I don't have anything/advice that might be able to help you..

CHEERS

PNR888
14-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Hi

Next will be:

3. Short Shifter (Comptech or Neuspeed),

Thanks

4 out of 6 Euros from last Brisbane Cruise now have Comptech short shift installed. (DIY by Baboo and matell). we all enjoy our short shift.

free2d
14-08-2005, 09:36 PM
Me from Indonesia. I am driving JDM CL7 Euro-R 2003.

Apexi RSM is not listed in Apexi website for CL7. Maybe not updated but HKS is.

Road condition here are bad. Having difficulty choosing shocks only or spring plus shocks. Ride height is OK at the moment. I guess Comptech or Neuspeed shifter both alright. Another choice will be Spoon shifter.

I am also thinking of replacing HKS SRI to Injen CAI. No offence, but will this be a downgrade? Other than price, wondering if Mugen and Gruppe M intake box work much better.

I find it funny that we upgrade so much crap in our car but seldom max the performance of the parts. It is very difficult to maintain the right perspective of what I want from what I need.

Glad that you guys reply . Thx.

toE
14-08-2005, 11:07 PM
accord euro is actually AKA CL9, not CL7. CL7 is euro R :D

Oops! :o

EuroAccord13
14-08-2005, 11:11 PM
Apexi RSM is not listed in Apexi website for CL7. Maybe not updated but HKS is.

It doesn't matter if it's listed or not as it's a basic wiring process, your tuner should be able to wire up for you... Shouldn't be a problem :)

CHEERS