PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter Help

jdmcivic
14-08-2005, 05:35 PM
Hi, I wanna change my fuel filter, does anyone have a DIY guide for it. And also so is the fuel filter in the engine bay or near the petrol tank?

Z
14-08-2005, 05:41 PM
Its in the engine bay. Looks like a little black tin can.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=374586

Thats for a teg buts its all the same shit nowadays.

zoopsta
14-08-2005, 05:47 PM
the location depends if you have a fuel injected engine or a carby

if its carby: on the fuel tank, look under
if its fuel injected: its in the engine bay

z3lda
14-08-2005, 06:23 PM
if its fuel injected: its in the engine bay

thats just so helpful.

sshould be next to the brake and clucth cylinder on the right

tRipitaka
14-08-2005, 06:25 PM
thats just so helpful.

sshould be next to the brake and clucth cylinder on the right
around the corner

bennjamin
14-08-2005, 07:51 PM
in your EG civic , it is located next to your brake booster . IT has 2 fuel lines inot the top. Its the size of a oil filter.

jdmcivic
15-08-2005, 03:13 PM
ok cool, so its under the fuel tank, i got a carb. Is it hard to change?

lighty01
15-08-2005, 07:36 PM
how do u know if u need to change it.. last time i serviced my car i was gonna change it but then realised it was approx $60!!.. whats the benefit of changing it?

jdmcivic
15-08-2005, 09:53 PM
dunno i guess cause i'm not getting enough k's per tank, it could be a diff prob altogether, but i'll try it and see if it improve's my fuel ecomi.

zoopsta
15-08-2005, 10:48 PM
whens the last time you replaced your spark plugs?

ive read around and people have suggested the fuel filter be replaced every 20,000kms or so.

Warning. Use this information at your own risk. I nor OzHonda take any responsibility in your misinterpritation on this information

89 Civic has the fuel filter mounted on the fuel tank , if you safley jack up the car and take the Left rear wheel off, look at the fuel tank and you will see some orange /red fuel lines going to the filter which is hiding under a plastic cover. the plastic cover has two plastic clips holding it on, then with that removed you will se the fuel filter, its advised to clamp off both lines to prevent fuel spillage. undo the filter hoses by pulling the hose clamps back then pulling off your hoses, take note how the filter came off as they are directional. put the new filter on in the revers way you took the old one off, make sure the fuel lines and clamps are on correctly and put everything back together. start the engine and look for fuel leaks. there is also another filter in the engine bay mounted on the manifold, just follow the fuel line.

Warning. Use this information at your own risk. I nor OzHonda take any responsibility in your misinterpritation on this information

jdmcivic
16-08-2005, 12:43 PM
i changed the sparks (OEM) a about a year a go, why? Do the sparks effect fuel comsumtion as well?

zoopsta
16-08-2005, 02:06 PM
Well according to what other people have said, the general consensus is yes it does. How many km do you travel a year?