PDA

View Full Version : Just had my euro serviced on the 1st 1000kms

kitbkk
14-08-2005, 09:16 PM
hi all.. I just had my euro serviced for the first 1000kms from John Blair Honda on high street Pharan on the last Friday.. After the service, it was nice. I could feel that the car runs smoother. but... Today I just noticed that there was a scratch on the tint (front passenger side) and I am very sure that before I took my car for the service there was no scratch at all.. It was not a big one just about 1 to 2 cms in length. I got my euro tinted from the Honda dealer when the car was purchased. The tint is still on its warrantee but I dont think it will cover any scratches or marks. I tried to ring the Honda service today but as it is Sunday so it wasnt available (thanks god F***). What can I do?? You guys reckon I can just ask the service to replace the tint or... Will they believe that the scratch was made by them?? thanks :(

nEUROtic
14-08-2005, 09:28 PM
You should swab the area so u can get the DNA of the person that did it first, get that tested first then goto the dealership.

yfin
14-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Did they install felt on the windows with the tint? If not - there is your problem - not the dealer.

kitbkk
14-08-2005, 10:07 PM
You should swab the area so u can get the DNA of the person that did it first, get that tested first then goto the dealership.
R u Joking??lol

kitbkk
14-08-2005, 10:12 PM
Did they install felt on the windows with the tint? If not - there is your problem - not the dealer.
You mean inside the door?? I dont think I ve seen any felt in it...but honestly Before I took the car to the service there wasnt a scratch there... I really doubt the service people did it.... damnnn ..
Or if I think of changing the tint in the future,,, I think the legal limit here (in Victoria) is 35% IF Im not mistaken.. Should I replace it to 25-15% tint?? Is that really risky of getting pulled up by cops??cheers

yfin
14-08-2005, 10:19 PM
You mean inside the door?? I dont think I ve seen any felt in it...but honestly Before I took the car to the service there wasnt a scratch there... I really doubt the service people did it.... damnnn ..
Or if I think of changing the tint in the future,,, I think the legal limit here (in Victoria) is 35% IF Im not mistaken.. Should I replace it to 25-15% tint?? Is that really risky of getting pulled up by cops??cheers

The Euro from the factory has no felt on the inner side of the window. Unless the tint place install the felt there is a fair chance the tint will be scratched if there is a tiny piece of debris that gets into the window frame. Plenty of people have had this problem - me included.

If you do not have this problem - please do not reply "I have tint and they did not install the felt - my windows are not scratched". We have been through this before. :D This is reported often enough to be a problem.

Even with the felt you have no guarantees - my drivers door after 18 months with tinting has some fine scratches in the tint - near the bottom of the window. You can only see it in certain sun light and only from the inside. Not much I can do really.

Speak to the dealer and inform them of the issue. Most tint places have tinted Euros before and now should know to install the felt.

kitbkk
15-08-2005, 02:09 PM
Even with the felt you have no guarantees - my drivers door after 18 months with tinting has some fine scratches in the tint - near the bottom of the window.
I had a look throught it last night there was felt installed there too...it is weird that the scratch is on the top part of the window..Im not sure whether that happended from any peices of debris getting stuck there???
Do most of you guys get your cars tinted darker than the legal limit??
thanks

V205
15-08-2005, 02:57 PM
My solution to tinting problem is "No tinting". :D

aaronng
15-08-2005, 03:11 PM
Is the scratch horizontal or vertical?
Vertical, and it is the felt problem. Horizontal, it MIGHT be the dealers fault. Complain to them and see if they will cover it. i had 3 dents put into my front fender by the dealer.... The fenders were soft and in the end they said it was not their fault (what the?!), but they would fix it this time. Hah... dealers...

euro1978
15-08-2005, 05:05 PM

Hehe if you have always had tinted windows that equates to driving around naked.

Chris_F
15-08-2005, 05:12 PM
v205 - that's my solution too.

Euro windows arent as transparent as some - and with all the issues i had with my stereo i couldnt be bothered risking another annoying problem

VirIIx
15-08-2005, 05:19 PM
any car without tinting or very little tinting less than 35% feels weird and funny..

just so much harder to drive in them, esp when the sun is at a very annoying odd angle when driving when it's sun setting

V205
15-08-2005, 05:25 PM
I tend to go with the believe that the less people touching my car.. the better.

I've had and heard of SOOOO MANY bad experiences with servicing... window tinters... stereo installers..

The worst was a s15 mailist member who had his less than 1 year old S15 totalled (rolled a few times) by a trainee mechanic who drove it 3 suburbs away to his mates place and doing donuts around there. The irony is the mechanic sued that nissan dealer for negligence... ;D

aaronng
15-08-2005, 05:34 PM
The worst was a s15 mailist member who had his less than 1 year old S15 totalled (rolled a few times) by a trainee mechanic who drove it 3 suburbs away to his mates place and doing donuts around there. The irony is the mechanic sued that nissan dealer for negligence... ;D
I hope he lost and got counter-sued.... The prick :mad:

EuroAccord13
15-08-2005, 09:20 PM
I tend to go with the believe that the less people touching my car.. the better.

I've had and heard of SOOOO MANY bad experiences with servicing... window tinters... stereo installers..

I saw the photos before.. Man that car was a total wreck!

Yeah, the less people touching the car, the happier I am, if anything happens to the car, at least it's easier to blame someone than everyone....

Pum[Z]
16-08-2005, 03:29 AM

Ur car will look like a aquarium then...

Plus having no tint is bloody awful in summer...