PDA

View Full Version : Bigger brakes....

EK Civic R
15-08-2005, 09:53 AM
I have the 96 ITR calipers on my EG atm...
It has now come time for me to change the disks and pads...

Should I also change the calipers to the larger 98 ITR calipers while I do the changes for the other braking gear??

What recommendations to ppl have for disk and pads...
I want them to be able to be used for both track and street.

EK9
15-08-2005, 01:45 PM
so you already have an itr brake upgrade... now u wanna upgrade again??? all this while just just looking into changing to new rotors and pads? wow that's one hardcore service :p

oh, and i dun have any experience with track pads... but i fink egsi (trader) is selling sum pads that are suitable for both track and street.

panda[cRx]
15-08-2005, 02:06 PM
^ get some slotted DBA 4000's to go with the pads

Steer^Gimic
15-08-2005, 06:48 PM
DBA 4000's are a good rotor.
as for pads, unless you've tried ebc green stuffs and dont like them, ignore what people say and give them a go. depending on the application they can be a fantastic pad. other then that give endless a go, or a mob called race brakes down in melbourne.

panda
15-08-2005, 06:59 PM
whats your budget? ifs money no object go spoon or pmu Brake Conversion Kit http://www.aj-racing.com/spoon-sports/Brochure/brake/Brake-Conversion-Kit-EG6.jpg

EK Civic R
16-08-2005, 07:54 AM
Yea I had a look at both spoon and pmu... but currently out of my budget..
I need to change very very soon and i do want better braking system...

I've tried EBC green stuff on my previous ride EK civic, but I found really good for normal street use, but performance wise I didn't think it was that great.. I've heard sum bad comments about it as well..

egSi
16-08-2005, 08:12 AM
there r other options mate,

endless and winmax pads r real nice.

u can; upgrade to slotted rotor, change brake lines to braided ones, install brake master cylinder brace or even swap the brake master cylinder to an itr one for improved braking.

u need to sort out ur budget mate and pick the stuff to upgrade. :thumbsup:

EK Civic R
16-08-2005, 10:05 AM
yea got the itr master cylinder already..
disks I need to change coz to thin to be machined now...

I'm looking at anywhere under $1000...

ekslut
16-08-2005, 11:08 AM
']^ get some slotted DBA 4000's to go with the pads

Agreed, just grab some DBA 4000 series disks and get some good track/street pads. Have a look at what egSi (Underground Imports) has. He has a decent range.

Get a cusco master cylinder brace too, it will help with brake feel and give stronger braking force. Hondar sells these at a decent price.

I doubt upgrading your calipers will give you any great benifit at the moment. Depends on how much power you have, but you should be fine at the moment. Just do what was mentioned above and you will feel a huge difference.

EK Civic R
17-08-2005, 08:17 AM
Get a cusco master cylinder brace too, it will help with brake feel and give stronger braking force. Hondar sells these at a decent price.

What does the mastercylinder brace do???

ekslut
17-08-2005, 08:25 AM
What does the mastercylinder brace do???

Stops the master cylinder from flexing when you stomp on the brake pedal. This gives you better feel, and you get better braking force, coz some of the pushing on the pedal is not wasted with the master cyclinder flexing.

Perry
17-08-2005, 10:12 AM
whats your budget? ifs money no object go spoon or pmu Brake Conversion Kit http://www.aj-racing.com/spoon-sports/Brochure/brake/Brake-Conversion-Kit-EG6.jpg

how much does this set u back?

type one
17-08-2005, 10:24 AM
spoon upgrade will cost $3k+ landed in Australia.

Perry
17-08-2005, 12:51 PM
3K isnt it just the calipers not including the rotors and others

type one
17-08-2005, 08:51 PM
calipers come in under $1800 then add the other stuff... as a package it is cheaper than buying the parts...

tanghy
17-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Should I also change the calipers to the larger 98 ITR calipers while I do the changes for the other braking gear??

yes u shld if u are trashing the crap out of yr car often
more disk size = better cooling
more pad size = better braking