PDA

View Full Version : Camber kit 4 EG5

Laner
15-08-2005, 10:39 AM
Puttin a set of Kings Super Low springs under my hatch, wondering about a camber kit. Do i really need one?? Had differing opinions from sources. Some say dump it and drive, others suggest the kit. Quoted $1600 for Nolathane fully adjustable front and rear upper control arms. Fitting costs on top of this. WOW!! A lot of money!! Its a VTi hatch on 17's. Any comments??

wynode
15-08-2005, 10:55 AM
How low are you going?

Chances are though that you will need to adjust your camber if you want to save your tyres.

Laner
15-08-2005, 11:20 AM
Super Lows should drop it between 50-60mm. It allows for some adjustment in standard form, just dunno if this will be enough!! For the price of the kit, I may just risk the tyres for a bit, hopin someone has been thru this headache already, save me learnin the hard way :D

wynode
15-08-2005, 11:22 AM
You can adjust the rear camber DIY style with some washers and bolts......but the front? How can you adjust the front camber?

BTW: Once your tyres start wearing unevenly......good luck correcting it!

Laner
15-08-2005, 12:24 PM
Not so worried bout the front, dont think it'll be 2 bad there, mainly in the rear. Also been told that havin 17's will reduce the amount of camber compared 2 15's. Goin on the advice of a bloke who's slammed 6 civics of his own. He's never used anything more than springs alone. How about bumpstops while i'm askin, need 2 be cut down??

wynode
15-08-2005, 01:37 PM
Not so worried bout the front, dont think it'll be 2 bad there, mainly in the rear. Also been told that havin 17's will reduce the amount of camber compared 2 15's. Goin on the advice of a bloke who's slammed 6 civics of his own. He's never used anything more than springs alone. How about bumpstops while i'm askin, need 2 be cut down??
Asking the guy who's slammed 6 civics......he should know.