PDA

View Full Version : Good springs???

2NTICN
15-08-2005, 02:20 PM
I have a 91 Integra LS and i wana drop it a couple of inches but i dont want the bottom to hit everytime i go over a tiny bump. However i dont have a stash of cash to spend at the moment. What method do u think would be best to get my car lowered and recommended parts that should be changed,eg. Springs, brands, etc.

FR33K
15-08-2005, 02:30 PM
hmm ill find a link that i started that might help... after i get off the phone at work lol

FR33K
15-08-2005, 02:32 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4853
there u go

kenji
15-08-2005, 02:47 PM
kings i guess

Nav2k
16-08-2005, 12:19 AM
kings u can get brand new for around $240ish a set.
install them urself and then get a wheel alignment. cant stress how important the wheel alignment is.
lowered springs on stock shocks will kill them eventually so look at some shocks later down the track.
my shocks were fine before my springs went in, 6 months later and they were nearly gone... running apexi damper adj shocks now..

i dunno wot sort of springs r avail for ur car, a lot of ppl complain bout kings and say the teins are better so i dunno, ive not tried teins, but the kings work fine for me.

n/a
21-08-2005, 02:40 AM
lowered springs on stock shocks will kill them eventually so look at some shocks later down the track.

are there any aftermarket springs that won't kill your shocks?

newmski
21-08-2005, 02:56 AM
are there any aftermarket springs that won't kill your shocks?
the "shorter" the spring the more likely your shocks will get fuked

the stock absober is not meant to be used with lowered springs and it makes it operate outside its "limits" if u will
if ur looking for least expensive route, just get kings and some respectable name shocks (koni, tokico, tein, eibach, whiteline etc)

Nav2k
21-08-2005, 11:56 AM
as said above, ur stock shocks are designed for a certain spring rate and they damp according to that.

its something that a lot of ppl try to avoid and u can in the short term, i did...i used stock shocks till i could find a decent pair of 2nd hand shocks in good condition.. so u could do what i did if ur short on cash.

while springs may be cheap and lowering ur car looks good...in the long term u need the proper stuff...if u cant afford it just go the springs now while u look and save for the shocks like newmski said.

vincent
25-08-2005, 06:01 PM
If you lower your car more than a certain point, you will end up with camber kits to adjust your negative camber to even out your tyre wear, It might be slightly cheaper to get a 2nd hand coilover kit if you decide to lower beyond that point.

SLPJCooL
07-09-2005, 11:35 AM
If you lower your car more than a certain point, you will end up with camber kits to adjust your negative camber to even out your tyre wear, It might be slightly cheaper to get a 2nd hand coilover kit if you decide to lower beyond that point.

So does that mean if you get a decent 'Coilover Set' (EG. Tein SS) you won't get a -ve camber and thus don't have to change the camber kit???

BlitZ
21-09-2005, 12:12 PM
So does that mean if you get a decent 'Coilover Set' (EG. Tein SS) you won't get a -ve camber and thus don't have to change the camber kit???

Correct me if im wrong
but...
No coilovers dont do jack for camber unless u have like a nissian or somthing... camber isnt adjsuted on honda's via the strut tops as u see in the drfit videos

buz138
21-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Correct me if im wrong
but...
No coilovers dont do jack for camber unless u have like a nissian or somthing... camber isnt adjsuted on honda's via the strut tops as u see in the drfit videos

Most aftermarket honda coilover kits have "pillow-ball" style top plates for camber addjustment eg. TEIN, HSD, JIC, unless you skimp on the cost and only get a height and damper addjustable coilover. The only type of car that cant be addjusted from the top are those with double wish bone eg. Skyline GTSt and GTR.

wynode
21-09-2005, 04:13 PM
Most aftermarket honda coilover kits have "pillow-ball" style top plates for camber addjustment eg. TEIN, HSD, JIC, unless you skimp on the cost and only get a height and damper addjustable coilover. The only type of car that cant be addjusted from the top are those with double wish bone eg. Skyline GTSt and GTR.
And most Civics and Integras ARE double wishbone which means you can't change camber via adjustable upper pillowball mounts.

The DC5 has a macpherson strut setup on the other hand AND you can adjust camber via upper pillowball mounts.

sydteg21
21-09-2005, 09:22 PM
just a set of zeal : )