PDA

View Full Version : b16b

notorious_ahmie
15-08-2005, 04:23 PM
hey guys

i just thought id post this up with every1 as im stoked about my new engine that ill be receiving towards the end of the year..speaking to my uncle who lives in Honk kong and races civics is china i think..his team bought a b16b...it was built in japan for racing but never used as it was a spare...sat there for 3 years and now my uncle has it in the team car..

i asked him if he could get it for me and he said no prob..ill be getting it for about 2-2500k..he said hes gonna thrash it as he is racing but will rebuild it for me...so what you guys think?

|N|
15-08-2005, 04:29 PM
dun buy it.. let me have it

notorious_ahmie
15-08-2005, 04:49 PM
If you do my headlights ill consider it :p

but its gonna kill me waiting for it that long

BlitZ
15-08-2005, 05:10 PM
ill take it.. how much is it to ship here though..
hehehe

notorious_ahmie
15-08-2005, 05:57 PM
ill take it.. how much is it to ship here though..
hehehe

umm my uncle knows some importers so it shouldnt be to much:D

Maxx
16-08-2005, 02:01 AM
umm my uncle know some importers goes to much should be to much :D

i have no idea what u want to say... :confused:

and yeah, jap built motor, trashed, rebuild again "in HK".
So at the end of the day u got yrself a tired block with HK level rebuilt, which is shxt house (i am honkie as well)

any idea what class yr uncle is racing?
a lot of class required highly balance STOCK motor only.

EK9
16-08-2005, 04:10 AM
i asked him if he could get it for me and he said no prob..ill be getting it for about 2-2500k..he said hes gonna thrash it as he is racing but will rebuild it for me...so what you guys think?
good on ya dude... but seriously don't like how he said he's gonna "thrash it" then rebuild it. i'd take an un-thrashed un-built motor over a thrashed and rebuilt motor anyday... but then for that price, sounds like a good buy.

notorious_ahmie
16-08-2005, 10:47 AM
haha sorry i was prolly on a call at work..cant multitask to much ..to which division he is inhes in some 1600cc class but now the new rule is kicking in where they have to be in the 2000cc so hes driving an ITR...

back to the thrashing umm i think he was kidding with the remark, its built for racing and thats what hes doin ..they used to have a b16a which he raced for 3 years and nothin sooo :thumbsup:

notorious_ahmie
20-08-2005, 06:54 PM
hey guys got some new info today...i have the chance to get a ek9 half cut for 7.5k..u rkn its a better buy thank the engine for 2.5k?im in a dilemma here so thanks for answers!

Maxx
20-08-2005, 07:03 PM
2.5k engine

Perry
20-08-2005, 09:23 PM
7.5K wat year model is the Ek9, and wat model civic do u have does the cost including shipping over here?

fly_vti
21-08-2005, 12:22 PM
hey guys

i just thought id post this up with every1 as im stoked about my new engine that ill be receiving towards the end of the year..speaking to my uncle who lives in Honk kong and races civics is china i think..his team bought a b16b...it was built in japan for racing but never used as it was a spare...sat there for 3 years and now my uncle has it in the team car..

man i dont know about the 'THRASHING' bit. id be wary buying a engine thats been 'THRASHED' :thumbdwn:

2MPRSS
21-08-2005, 08:40 PM
man i dont know about the 'THRASHING' bit. id be wary buying a engine thats been 'THRASHED' :thumbdwn:

what about ur X car lan?

fly_vti
21-08-2005, 08:44 PM
what about ur X car lan?

stick to the thread topic 'asshole' :p

notorious_ahmie
12-09-2005, 05:19 PM
hey guys can u recommend any places that do engine swaps in syd..?ive spoke to GMC but are there any others?