PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts?

jdmh22a
15-08-2005, 09:43 PM
hey all :wave:

I've got a JDM H22A which is off the 92-96 model Si Vtec prelude. I've heard that this model engine come with forged pistons already? please correct me if im wrong. Im planning to install a turbo kit and have read that fitting a turbo kit onto this engine with stock internals will run fine if tuned properly...If i am wrong please provide me with some info on what i need to change in order to cater for this upgrade.

Also what recommended turbo kit, ecu, fuel injectors and any other mods i need to replace will be best suited for this engine. Thanks! :thumbsup:

locote
15-08-2005, 09:48 PM
most engines will run turbo if tuned up properly.

j-specAccord
15-08-2005, 10:21 PM
they have forged pistons yes, factory forged. they are 10.6-1 comp ratio pistons so slapping a turbo on your engine will result in detonation if boosted past say 3psi. if you went and bought aftermarket drop forged pistons for the H then you will have to buy forged sleeves also as i have read and seen that H22 suck when it comes to internal work. my sugestion and what i wanted to do to mine was buy a full bolt on kit from the states ($5000aus) which is relatively cheap compared to prices here ($6000 or more ive been quoted) and only running stock internals with lower compressed head gasket and run say 4-5psi and see wat power gains i can make from there.
is your H22 have a m2b4 gearbox cos if it does that is sweet cos you got LSD if so, which means boosting it you might be able to run a good time if you dont launch past 4000rpm

saxman
16-08-2005, 04:09 AM
they have forged pistons yes, factory forged. they are 10.6-1 comp ratio pistons so slapping a turbo on your engine will result in detonation if boosted past say 3psi. if you went and bought aftermarket drop forged pistons for the H then you will have to buy forged sleeves also as i have read and seen that H22 suck when it comes to internal work. my sugestion and what i wanted to do to mine was buy a full bolt on kit from the states ($5000aus) which is relatively cheap compared to prices here ($6000 or more ive been quoted) and only running stock internals with lower compressed head gasket and run say 4-5psi and see wat power gains i can make from there.
is your H22 have a m2b4 gearbox cos if it does that is sweet cos you got LSD if so, which means boosting it you might be able to run a good time if you dont launch past 4000rpm
do you actually know what you're talking about, or is this just heresay?
there are many a turboed h22's in the states running over 400whp on stock internals. Certainly can't do that at 3 psi... that's more like 15. With proper tuning, you can run way more than 3 psi on a 10.6:1 engine. I personally have tuned cars with close to that comp ratio(10.4:1 b16a's) to 10 psi or so without a problem.

jdmh22a
16-08-2005, 10:13 AM
400whp... :D

Weq
16-08-2005, 01:03 PM

idiot.

bennjamin
16-08-2005, 01:28 PM
come on guys - relax :)

Remember - as asked "What are your thoughts?"
J-spec accord was wrong and this has been cleared up somewhat.

wynode
16-08-2005, 01:43 PM
idiot.

:thumbsup:

ProECU
16-08-2005, 01:57 PM

Well, this was entertaining, thanks for a good laugh

saxman
16-08-2005, 02:31 PM
400whp... :D
don't expect to run that reliably unless you have a VERY good tuner...

I think it at least tells you that 300whp can't be done somewhat reliably

BLKCRX
16-08-2005, 02:47 PM
Oh my god ! LOL h22 comes with forged pistons lol what a load of crap.
As for boost levels and compression levels go blah been there done that for years, 10.2:1 is relatively low compression for turbo engines these days. You will find many engine building around the world building engines on much higher compression running stupid amounts of boost. I know this because iv tuned many of them ;-)

Read this post, a lot of whats said applies for the H22 engine also

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22651

Regards James

pgclee
16-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Aren't all are also forged piston? either JDM or Aftermarker???

CHU85
17-08-2005, 03:24 PM
yeah, mine is a standard h22a with 400hp with only 3psi!!!
Blkcrx: urs must me standard running 6psi to make ur power!

jdmh22a
17-08-2005, 03:33 PM
dude are you being serious?

vti_ek9
18-08-2005, 12:47 PM
ahaha..off course he is....:D ...dead serious

jdmh22a
18-08-2005, 12:49 PM
HAHA shuddup

j-specAccord
19-08-2005, 03:24 PM
you guys are all juz fukn know it all faggotz, he asked wat are your thoughts i dont have as much expierience as you fagz who actually work in shops so if you wanna fukn mock wat i type then post a private note dickheads

poid
19-08-2005, 06:06 PM
you guys are all juz fukn know it all faggotz, he asked wat are your thoughts i dont have as much expierience as you fagz who actually work in shops so if you wanna fukn mock wat i type then post a private note dickheads

mate, if you post something that is blatantly wrong when someone asks advice all you are doing is confusing people and diluting the correct info that is out there...this happens all the time in the Honda world and a lot of people refuse to put up with it anymore.

So instead of flaming the people who rightly disagreed with you, have a think before you post something that is so incorrect next time :)

dc4t
22-08-2005, 02:57 AM
shutup poid