PDA

View Full Version : Wat mods you can Do to your B16?

pgclee
16-08-2005, 01:41 AM
I think there is alot of person out there who don't know whats the best deal around to bang into your lil B16a huh...

For a B16a, i don't think you'll need much to keep up with a ITR Stock though...just need some right parts, with LOW COST to do that...

This is what i reckon for B16a driver...

1) Most people who driven a B16a would probably have their extractors and Cat Back system...

2) Final Drive has always been a very very important thing for a B16a - what i reckon - 4.785

3) Adj Cam gear + Piggy back + ITC - this will definately have some serious damage to those ITR...

4) Good set of Sus + Tyre + 15" light weight rims...

5) To me, i always think that Vtec is just about Smooth flow - but this is when u have the extra cash...Port and polish, Bore up TB and Intake...

6) Definitely need a 0.45mm Gasket to raise those comps...if you don't have that much of money, get your STD gasket, there is 3 layer, take out a layer...but there is a possibility of leakage...but there is smth in a spray can that you can use to help you prevent those leakage...i don't know what is that called...but it definately works...

7) if you still have that lil bit money to spend on, with low cost, Get CTR cams + Valve Spring + retainers...

8) and if you have nothing else to do, may be your car might wanna lose some weight...huh...haha..

9) Better check out your Batt, isit at it's optimal performance...and check your distributor setting + you'll need those thick Plug cable + good sets of plugs...

10) Change Engine oil + Oil filter Frequently...like what i've did, 2500km - 3000km changed it ones..hehe..

11) light weight Crank Pulley

12) Not Super light weight Flywheel...it is stupid...just go for ard 5kg - 5.5kg...4kg is too light...clutch kit
13) After market LSD....

14) Rollcage!..haha...

But this is just My own Preference of Making a B16a faster...in a very low cost way...if you're doing 1,2,3,6,7,10,11,12...may be less than 3k-4k incl workmanship???

Hope it helps...and if it doesn't...just yell at me...hahaha...

z3lda
16-08-2005, 10:09 AM
whats your point ??? we do have a bang for bucks thread already if you can't read.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19495

plus not everyone is as rich and braggy as you are.

Z
16-08-2005, 10:16 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/aria/statusicon/thread_hot_lock.gif

panda[cRx]
16-08-2005, 10:24 AM
who gave pgclee permission to talk? -_-

BLKCRX
16-08-2005, 10:24 AM
Or you could just tune it stock ;) and gain heaps of performance !! like the below dyno graph…

http://www.hondatech.com.au//hondata/kpro/3-web.jpg

Or intake, nice 2.5” exhaust, and a decent set of 4-2-1 headers that flow nicely and a tune and your looking at much more power.

Final drive, yeah this heaps the engine rev and make power differently but still a expensive modification considering the gear box needs to be ripped apart and rebuilt.

Piggyback ITC device lol yuk

Cam gears on stock cam’s your wasting your time

Port and polish yes anything to help flow rocks again expensive with small gains, but again how are you going to tune it ;)

Yes a thinner head gasket to increase comprssion can help, but again how are you going to tune it ;)

CTR cams springs and retainers hmm I would skip the retainers not needed what so ever on such a basic engine.

A Performance battery, on no ! yeah sure as IF !!! blah might as well put a 100kw sticker on your car whilst your at it to give it more power

Light flywheel and clutch kit.. I would be doing that before a lot of the things above !!

Either way regardless of everything said above there’s simple ways 2 make your car go fast ;) intake exhaust and tune ;)

Regards James

panda[cRx]
16-08-2005, 10:25 AM
oh just when i thought it couldnt get any worse -_-

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/aria/statusicon/thread_hot_lock.gif !!!!!!!!!!!!

bennjamin
16-08-2005, 10:35 AM
this has been covered...LOOK ABOVE .

locked.