PDA

View Full Version : what should i do

notorious_ahmie
16-08-2005, 05:40 PM
sup peepz

i got my new king springs bout 2 weeks ago and now one side is sagging more than the 3 other wheels...although i love how low it is on the sagging side...id like all sides to be the same..what should i do?

joyride
17-08-2005, 01:37 PM
take it back to the shop and get them to give you new ones...?

baby_c
17-08-2005, 01:43 PM
take it back to the shop and get them to give you new ones...?

i agree.. if u got professionals to lower your sprngs and it aint right, take it back and demand an answer....

notorious_ahmie
17-08-2005, 04:59 PM
i just got back from Big O...im so angry arrghh...they go to me well what we can do is swap the springs around on your car and see if it still leans on the side where the spring is...well get you a new spring but youll have to pay for the labour(75$)

pricks i tell ya

pgclee
17-08-2005, 05:12 PM
They did ur car rite? why don't you complaint to the ermm..wats that called, at Flinder's st....Customer bla bla thing...but remember to bring your reciept...

then the Customer thingy will help u to write a letter to them, Plus you can hire a Lawyer to take this to the Court, and make them pay...as well as, they are responsible for this act, cause this poor workmanship may cause you lose ctrl on road, and take them outta business...Hahaha...that is, if u want to do that...

ONV73C
17-08-2005, 06:43 PM
They did ur car rite? why don't you complaint to the ermm..wats that called, at Flinder's st....Customer bla bla thing...but remember to bring your reciept...

then the Customer thingy will help u to write a letter to them, Plus you can hire a Lawyer to take this to the Court, and make them pay...as well as, they are responsible for this act, cause this poor workmanship may cause you lose ctrl on road, and take them outta business...Hahaha...that is, if u want to do that...

I'm assuming you're talking about the department of fair trading...

taking Big O to court over a sagged spring.. :rolleyes: please.

wynode
17-08-2005, 11:24 PM
Just take it backand ask them to do it properly because they didn't do it properly the first time.

aozora
18-08-2005, 12:24 AM
This is why they recommend you measure the height before installing new springs... You measure from the centre of the Hub to the top of the guard before hand, write it all down. So any problems are noted before hand... (ie. sagging springs?) but if you install new springs and the same ride height differences is still there, it could possibly be chassis or suspension damage.
Example. Front Left is 180, Front Right is 185, Rear Left is 180, Rear right is 160. After installing the new springs they might be 160, 165, 160 then 160. That would mean the old rear right spring was sagging... but if the new spring for the rear right gave a height of 140... then I'd be looking at suspension arms bent, chassis blah blah blah.

So even if you do take it back and kick up a fuss over it, it could be your problem in the end... but hey if the new spring wasn't installed properly/faulty, all the more reason to kick up a fuss. How much lower then the others is it? Take a quick look behind that wheel and see if the suspension/strut looks ok?

Jomsy
18-08-2005, 08:17 AM
this may sound silly but why dont you jack it up take off the wheel and make sure the spring is sitting in the platform correctly, maybe a small twist of the spring could fix your problem

i really dont think the company would have had a good look at your car the 2nd time round cause they already have your money