PDA

View Full Version : 91 LS second hand lowered springs and pipe

gavinmcmillan
17-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Hi All

Just wondering what i should expect to pay for some lowered springs for 91teg? im looking to spend around $150.00 to $200.00 and am wondering where is a good place to get them from?

Im also wondering where i can get an ok 2" or 2 1/4" cat back for the same car? and how much should i expect to pay for somthing average........ basically im not fussed on the power output, just want it to sound good and use less fuel.

Gavin

crispy
17-08-2005, 04:49 PM
Umm... ok i was under the impression that the bigger diameter the zorst pipe was, then you would use more fuel? i Am most likely wrong but yea.. fill me in here

wkdteg
17-08-2005, 07:49 PM
thats wat i thought... increase size, increase power, increase fuel usage?? meh

ACTI0NMAN-1
17-08-2005, 11:54 PM
Hi All

Just wondering what i should expect to pay for some lowered springs for 91teg? im looking to spend around $150.00 to $200.00 and am wondering where is a good place to get them from?

Im also wondering where i can get an ok 2" or 2 1/4" cat back for the same car? and how much should i expect to pay for somthing average........ basically im not fussed on the power output, just want it to sound good and use less fuel.

Gavin

I just got my car back from a friend working at midas. We put in a 2" catback with a stock looking exhaust for just under $380. I'll take photos tomorrow.

VtecHungry
18-08-2005, 09:29 PM
bah bigger size of the pipe is only used in turboed cars size exaust gases come in waves with a turbo it is pushed slower but in longer waves, non turbo is the opsite, small waves but movement very fast, so a smaller diameter pipe is used to control these exaust gases keep them from bouncing around and in a more uniformed wave, recomended size for the ls integra is 2 1/2 inch pipe or 2.25 inch, better off going straight through cat back, mandral bent, set you back 500 to 700 depending on weather its a custom set up or a bolt on off the shelf item and where you go to get it fabricated (custom) or fitted (off the shelf) but definatly worth it just to hear that sweet engine music, fuel useage comes with any modification, when you add something, your right foot tends to become a lil more heavy therefore you begin to use a tad more fuel, personaly i have coilover and they work just great but with a 200 to 300 $$$ budget go to a suspension shop look for some king spring and spend a lil more to get matched shocks aswell trust me it will be worth the extra, but if you got the dosh get some coilovers dude. just my .2 cents

kronjp
25-08-2005, 03:20 AM
where's the pics Actionman-1! ;-)

VtecHungry, would the 2 1/2 or 1/4 inch pipe also be best for a VTEC (B16a)?

2NTICN
25-08-2005, 06:46 PM
how much are u looking at for a decent set of coilovers and will u need to buy new shocks if u get coilovers?

NTR16N
26-08-2005, 12:55 PM
check out the traders section for ya springs... but atleast pay a bit more for your springs or coilovers cause it is your ride and how comfortable and safe it will be will depend on what yo pay for...

as for an engine rev with no care for power output... just get a muffler man...
or 2 1/4in catback :thumbsup:

Boy_Integra
28-08-2005, 04:52 PM
check out the traders section for ya springs... but atleast pay a bit more for your springs or coilovers cause it is your ride and how comfortable and safe it will be will depend on what yo pay for...

Yeah i agree :thumbsup: .. If you get springs that are about $150-$200 you'll be comprimising on safety and durability.. Spend or save up a lil more to get yourself some better structured ones.. My opion anyway man :D

gavinmcmillan
29-08-2005, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the imput guys, I might look at getting some better springs and shocks, I think coil overs are a bit above my needs but i will search around and see what deals are out there. Thanks for the advice!

ACTI0NMAN-1 i wouldnt mind seeing those pics aswell if you could still post them.

Is there a chance you guys could post pics of your exhaust systems so i can get an idea of what they look like mounted in different ways.

ACTI0NMAN-1
30-08-2005, 01:11 PM
ok once i get the net setup at home again ill post them, they sorta suspended the account due to non-payment kekekehe

ACTI0NMAN-1
01-09-2005, 10:24 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/ACTI0NMAN/exhaust3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/ACTI0NMAN/exhaust2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/ACTI0NMAN/exhaust1.jpg

Jezda9
01-09-2005, 11:00 PM
hey man i got a stock pipe back from the cat up to the final muffler where it still looks like the stock type but is high flow from HiTech Exhausts then through a 3in tip sound very nice but not over powering, can still hear the pod sucking
Sounds real good