PDA

View Full Version : HOndata or $950 new Wolf3D version 4?

MKI4EVA
17-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Hey ppls, I was hoping for some experienced advice on which unit I should go for with my del sol.

I hear so much about what hondata can do for a vtec motor but what exactly is different from hondata to say the V.4 for wolf3D?

Is there some cam switching input in hondata that is not in other units?

thanks.

BLKCRX
17-08-2005, 09:33 PM
Personally I would go for a Hondata s100 for your crx ;) its half the price of the Wolf 3D, but yeah people would say I’m bias because I run hondata in my 450kw del sol blah !! but yeah I do ! and it works very well.

But to answer your question the new version 4 wolf has 16 load points every 125rpm up to 15875rpm, I use the wolf 3D software quit often on Mitsubishi engines, its nice software although you can’t custom edit load points or rpm points. It does how every only have 1 table per fuel and ignition setting where as hondata has 2 fuel and ignition maps one for when in vtec, one when your out of vtec, this gives the Hondata almost twice the resolution compared to the wolf.

I notice you in Sydney, where I currently have 3 expertly trained dealers located thoughout the Sydney area, feel free to contact me for information if you require it.

You can download the wolf3d software from here and look at the features / limits your self

http://blkcrx.hondata.com.au/blkcrx/hondata/wolf3d-software.zip

The password for the zip file is “hondata” this is the latest wolf 3D software.

If you need (or anyone else ) further information feel free to call me on 0417 875 785 more than happy to take the time out and educate the Honda community in any question.

Regards James

MKI4EVA
18-08-2005, 09:18 AM
the hondata unit is only $450?

revNhevN
18-08-2005, 10:05 AM
i would get the the hondata. for around the price of the wolf3D you can get a S100 installed and tuned.

EGB16A
18-08-2005, 11:17 AM
firstly, is the s100 suitable for boost applications?
second, how much is the s300?

FunkyR
18-08-2005, 11:51 AM
lol and here I was thinking wolf 3d was a computer gamer... ;)

luzinit
18-08-2005, 02:10 PM
s100 is only half the price of wolf3d? so with tuning its about 900ish?
is this suitable for my EK4? or do i need any extra harness for obd2?

BlitZ
18-08-2005, 02:36 PM
The below is an extract from hondata... but i thnk you have to pay extra for the boost reading capabilities... thats the states anyways

The s100 system has the following features:

Fits inside the ECU. No external wiring.
Speed limiter removed (if applicable).
Tunable fuel and ignition tables.
Expanded fuel & ignition tables for boost.
Expanded rpm fuel & ignition tables.
A/C cutout.
VTEC control (non user adjustable).
Rev limiter (non user adjustable).
Nitrous Control.
s100 Pricing and Options

MKI4EVA
18-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Does the hondata unit run a closed loop for the O2 sensor? i.e self tunes itself?

wynode
18-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Does the hondata unit run a closed loop for the O2 sensor? i.e self tunes itself?

http://www.hondata.com/techclosed.html

It is best to disable closed loop operation while tuning. Otherwise what commonly occurs is that the ECU will alter the mixture using the long term adjustment while the car is idling between dyno runs, which means that the mixture is not repeatable between dyno runs.

If changes are made to the engine which alter the amount of fuel that is delivered (bigger injectors, increased fuel pressure or altering the air temperature sensor voltage) the ECU will compensate the best it can using the long term adjustment. Under high load when the ECU stops running in closed loop the long term adjustment is still used so increasing fuel delivery via these means in not recommended unless the ECU is recalibrated or closed loop disabled.

At part load it is best if the ECU is tuned so that the mixture is close to stoichiometric. This reduces the amount of time the ECU will take to use the short term adjustment to alter the mixture to get the oxygen sensor voltage to swing past 0.6V, and keeps the long term adjustment from the zero position.

Non Vtec
18-08-2005, 06:02 PM
The Hondata s300 is a very very good system, Doug showed it to a few of us over here when he was here tuning my drag car and running the Hondata seminar.
The S300 is by far the best ECU for the $$$ with features similar to and some better than the likes of motec etc. I'd say for a good tuner on a dyno you could cut an S300 tune in about 30mins if that. It has real time tuning, built in datalogging, can handle tuning 60psi boost, has compensations for different gears (i.e. you can adjust fueling and boost differently per gear)
They also run 2 seperate maps for the low and high vtec cams, which means you have no vtec dip and much better looking torque and power curves.

BLKCRX
18-08-2005, 07:41 PM
the hondata unit is only $450?

That is absolutely correct, for naturally aspirated OBD1 cars. For an EK4 price the price is a little more, please contact me via PM for pricing ;) or visit our website, as I can’t state it on here lol ;) (Hi win if your reading this )

The s100 comes in to variants the naturally aspirated version and the boost version, again the boost version is slightly more expensive. The s300 is our new ECU solution, its amazing, it actually has a 130psi boost limit ;) not 60psi as previous stated although when are you going to use 130psi of boost ;) let alone 60psi.

All hondata variants ECU’s work in both open and closed loop operation each mode has its benefits, again if you want any further information feel free to PM or Call me
Regards James

MKI4EVA
18-08-2005, 11:05 PM
That is absolutely correct, for naturally aspirated OBD1 cars. For an EK4 price the price is a little more, please contact me via PM for pricing ;) or visit our website, as I can’t state it on here lol ;) (Hi win if your reading this )

The s100 comes in to variants the naturally aspirated version and the boost version, again the boost version is slightly more expensive. The s300 is our new ECU solution, its amazing, it actually has a 130psi boost limit ;) not 60psi as previous stated although when are you going to use 130psi of boost ;) let alone 60psi.

All hondata variants ECU’s work in both open and closed loop operation each mode has its benefits, again if you want any further information feel free to PM or Call me
Regards James

fark thats a bargain..........so cheap and features that rival ecu in the $2K market. I'm impressed.

James: can you explain how this actually works? what inputs are read to enable the ecu to do the below? gearing sensor?

"has compensations for different gears (i.e. you can adjust fueling and boost differently per gear) "

Illegal
18-08-2005, 11:20 PM
I say hondata. Thats what we all use in the states.

SKREMN
18-08-2005, 11:21 PM
So would the s100 be best for my car?
I got OBD1 ecu running my ls/vtec

panda[cRx]
18-08-2005, 11:30 PM
hondata is a good option..... just make sure u get it tuned by the right person :rolleyes:

Snoop_gee
19-08-2005, 12:49 AM
']hondata is a good option..... just make sure u get it tuned by the right person :rolleyes:
pahaha :D

BLKCRX
19-08-2005, 01:35 AM
fark thats a bargain..........so cheap and features that rival ecu in the $2K market. I'm impressed.

James: can you explain how this actually works? what inputs are read to enable the ecu to do the below? gearing sensor?

"has compensations for different gears (i.e. you can adjust fueling and boost differently per gear) "

I could talk all day about features but that might be considered spamming "blah" even though its requested if you require any information i have written many articles on my forums www.hondata.com.au so feel free to ask anything, or PM me or call me if you have any questions, but in a short answer the technology behind Hondata is amazing !

So would the s100 be best for my car?
I got OBD1 ecu running my ls/vtec

If your OBD1 ECU is one of the following then you can very easily have your local hondata dealer upgrade and tune your ECU.
PR4, P06, P08j, P08, P28, P30, P30A, P30G, P61, P72, P72J, P74, P75

If your ECU isn’t compatible your local dealer would need to supply you with compatible ECU.

Illegal
19-08-2005, 01:37 AM
If your going to drag race, a lot, I suggest the s200, but other wise the s100 is great. I have it myself.

BLKCRX
19-08-2005, 01:47 AM
If your going to drag race, a lot, I suggest the p200, but other wise the p100 is great. I have it myself.

You mean the s200 and s100 there is no "p" product

I have 100's of clients running both systems each have there benefits for there applications, the one I always recommend mainly is the s100 system because its cheap and for 95% of people out here in Australia its all they need. It allows there car to be tuned perfectly via an authorized dealer using commercial tested and tried product industry proven.

SKREMN
19-08-2005, 06:03 PM
If your OBD1 ECU is one of the following then you can very easily have your local hondata dealer upgrade and tune your ECU.
PR4, P06, P08j, P08, P28, P30, P30A, P30G, P61, P72, P72J, P74, P75

If your ECU isn’t compatible your local dealer would need to supply you with compatible ECU.

How do i find out if its one of the following?
does it have markings on it?
I dont have my car back untill tomorrow I might have a look then

BLKCRX
19-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Every Honda ECU should have markings (part numbers) on the side of the case and also on top of the plug connector inside the ECU if you require any identification help feel free to contact me.

Regards James

Illegal
23-08-2005, 11:28 PM
You mean the s200 and s100 there is no "p" product

I have 100's of clients running both systems each have there benefits for there applications, the one I always recommend mainly is the s100 system because its cheap and for 95% of people out here in Australia its all they need. It allows there car to be tuned perfectly via an authorized dealer using commercial tested and tried product industry proven.

Sorry, mindless typo!